American Staffy Breeders

skunk

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, just come across this thread.

I just wanted to share my experience with Andonas. We got our boy from there, he is a great dog, beautiful temperment. Our dog is great with kids, and loves to play around with all his toys. Compared to some other Andonas Kennels dogs he is not quiete as big, but he is in proportion.

From about a year old our boy started having seizures once a month. We have put him on medication and have had to up the dosage once and he is now also on another medication and valium when he has any seizures.

This has been diagnosed as Epilepsy "unexplained seizures". We mostly have it under control at the moment, and we can see the signs leading up to when he may have one (actually he usually has three before the valium kicks in).

We never asked about the health testing, we really should have. You do live and learn and we have from this experience.

I was considering starting this exact thread in the next couple of days!

We are currently renting and am not in the position for a puppy right now - however buying is on the cards hopefully within the next two years so I've been wanting to research and contact some breeders now.

Thank you for some of the recommendations! Very helpful.

We never asked about the health testing, we really should have. You do live and learn and we have from this experience.

And I'd also be asking that particular breeder if he actually bred the puppies himself, or if he bought them back from a BYB then registered them with a fake pedigree and a jacked up price...

And I'd also be asking that particular breeder if he actually bred the puppies himself, or if he bought them back from a BYB then registered them with a fake pedigree and a jacked up price...

THIS is exactly my thoughts.

I just had a look at the Andonas Kennels website.

Everyone should have a listen to the Andonas Kennels Rap.

Andonas Kennels

Click on the link and scroll to the right and play the track. Classic!

That link should come with a warning. Not safe for sane minds. I couldn't even get to the end.

Now, now. Obviously somebody has put a lot of work into that website. Visiting it was an experience I am glad I didn't miss. Have a look at the photos of new owners. The expressions on their faces say it all.

*Warning to those offended by photos of rooms decorated in pine panelling.*

did you notice? one of them is Dr Harry!! (and doesn't he look uncomfortable?)

After looking at that site, the first thing that came to mind was that man must have a small penis.

Then it was how ugly those dogs are and how offensive it is to see dogs ears cropped.

Offensive because of the reasons for cropped ears on a 'fighting' dog.

They are pandering to the uneducated masses, who need a dog to enhance their sexual prowess.

5. The owner is responsible for the health and welfare of their new puppy and all Vet costs once the puppy is released. As with all dogs, they can be hit with health problems. This is an unfortunate and unforseen rare circumstance of owning any dog. Andonas Kennels has not had any complaints from any owners in the past and we hope it stays that way.

errrmm from the website..the person with the epileptic dog, did you email them as epilepsy can be genetic!!