Artemis Dog Food

cavvysavvy

Great thread!

Do you prefer this over Holistic Select?

I'd love some opinions too! :laugh:

I am going to order a bag today over the net as I cant access it here in Ballarat and I am sure my dog will make the final decision :cheer:

Ill see what happens.

I feed my dog Artemis.

I am very happy with it, she loves it and it costs me about $18 a week. She also had a few skin issues when I started her on it which have gone now, plus her poos are great- soft yet together and not hugely prolific (only on a dog forum... :cheer: ).

My dogs didn't do well on it all all - they have very runny tummies.

I now feed Nutro All Natural or EP Holistic (although the Pet Stock person told me the Amish make EP Holistic. The Amish are notorious puppy farmers so I'm trying to verify this info and if it is correct I'll never feed it again).

There should be absolutely no reason why anybody should have trouble obtaining Artemis. There are many online stores who are happy to freight the food all over Australia or for those who do have trouble the product will happily be shipped directly from Artemis. Keep checking the Artemis website as new retailers are being added all the time.

My dogs didn't do well on it all all - they have very runny tummies.

I now feed Nutro All Natural or EP Holistic (although the Pet Stock person told me the Amish make EP Holistic. The Amish are notorious puppy farmers so I'm trying to verify this info and if it is correct I'll never feed it again).

Good grief! I didn't know about the Amish and puppy farming!! Let alone the EP connection!

BUT from a quick google search it looks as tho the chicken used in EP is from a certified Amish poultry farm. I'm not sure that should be a reason to boycott the product - if you look at it from one perspective - it's better to help them earn money from certified poultry farming and hopefully discourage them from doing the same via puppy farms.

link to info

It's a difficult call tho - it's really stopped me in my tracks re EP.

There should be absolutely no reason why anybody should have trouble obtaining Artemis. There are many online stores who are happy to freight the food all over Australia or for those who do have trouble the product will happily be shipped directly from Artemis. Keep checking the Artemis website as new retailers are being added all the time.

And for those thinking there are no retailers between Melbourne and Ballarat... check out the Artemis website. You might be surprised.

Sags

:D

I have checked out the website and there is nobody in Ballarat who stock it, but I found an online company that I am going to buy it through. Much cheaper way rather than driving to Keilor to get it which is the closest for me

If you buy it through artemis themselves (under K9 and Katz kitchen), they'll pay half the freight for you. I got it sent to Bendigo, cost me about $10-15 in postage to my post office (only as I don't get post here).