Treat Bags And Running?

Since i've been running with the work dogs i thought i'd do some with my own - so put on the treat pouch with treats, grabbed the dogs and off we went. A part from the fact that my dogs like to run as close to my legs as possible i was getting very annoyed by the treat bag flapping away as i ran. I walk with the dogs on either side of me so i don't have a free hand to hold the bag and it proved very very irritating - not to mention i was expecting to have left a trail of treats behind :)

Does anyone know of treat bags you can get that don't flap about when you run with your dogs? or do you jsut go treatless?

Thanks for that :provoke:

I have the blackdog treat pouch...that's what flaps about - noisy if i throw the house keys in too unfortunately :) As to the Doog one...they look way cool but perhaps i was looking in the wrong spot as the belt thing wouldn't hold too many treats i thought?

Ah yes, its a dilemma- I used to tuck a couple of liver strips into the band of my jogging pants but got sick of losing them, sliding down my legs! :)

Now I dont take any. Interested to hear any workable suggestions.

I tend to have a baggie full of chunkers..lol - perhaps i have to go back to dry treats...

ETA - i remember someone selling bags that also strapped to the thigh? I might have to look back at them, as long as i wear it on Bronx's side it may not be toooo bad? Drats...can't find them in the commercial market place thread...i'm sure they were in there!

Edited by KitKat

Just had a thought about the BlackDog treat bags whilst out walking the dogs. Black Dog will custom make/customise items for you for about $5-$10 from memory. Perhaps it might be worth speaking to them and seeing if there is any way they can add a "leg strap" to one of their treat bags?

Not that I run :thumbsup: but the thing I find with the doog bag is that I don't know it is even there, it is very light weight for what it is. granted you can't put a lot of treats in it but I manage out and about with 4 and always still come home with treats left.

I don't always go out with my food treat pouch, but when I do, and when I'm running, I'll usually tuck my top over the food treat pouch and that tends to stop it bouncing. Either that, or I slide it to the back of me. It still bounces a bit, but either not as much or I notice it far less and it doesn't get in the way. I wouldn't like to have valuables in it though (eg keys) for fear they'd bounce out.

I usually wear my DOOG Belt as well. And to that is hitched my ever ready camera, as well as my dog's Orbee ball. By the time I'm loaded up with all this extra baggage, I'm usually too heavy to run anyway, LOL.

Edited by Erny

If you have lots of stuff to carry then maybe something like this

Thanks for that!! That was the kinda thing i was thinking of :thumbsup:

I don't carry too much - just poo bags, treats, keys and mobile if i can fit it in anywhere :thumbsup:

ETA - perhaps i should just drag the dog back pack out and let the boys carry any gear? :thumbsup:

Edited by KitKat