Bananas & Apples Ok For Dogs?

Hi there..

just wondering - are bananas and apples ok to give dogs?

My two seem to love them, especially banana, and i was wondering if there was any harm giving it to them as a treat every few days??

Z has banana as a training treat occassionally - he loves it and has never have a problem. Apple is the same, though I never give him the core. The seeds contain toxins and while i've never heard of a dog having a problem with them first hand, i wouldn't take the risk.

Z has banana as a training treat occassionally - he loves it and has never have a problem. Apple is the same, though I never give him the core. The seeds contain toxins and while i've never heard of a dog having a problem with them first hand, i wouldn't take the risk.

THanks.. that's good to know.. i won't give them the core - just in case!

mine get both all the time. The apples are a particular favourite - also with core removed when I give them apples - altho when I lived in a house with lots of apple trees all my dogs kept scoffing apples (core and all) with no side effects. Watch out for banana skins - they can be toxic I heard.

Heidi loves apples. I either cut them up in small pieces and throw them around the back yard or I core them, fill with peanut butter and freeze. Banana's are also eaten, but only occasionally.

Apple seeds contain cyanide. While a few seeds will probably not cause a problem, the effects can be cumulative so best not to give the cores too often.

Also do not give cherry pits, peach pits, pear pips, plum pits, or apricot pits for the same reason.

Hi guys

I just read this thread and thought bugger it i will try my little guy on some bananas

I broke a bit off and handed it to him, he poped it in him mouth and ran off to his bed, rolled it round in his mouth spat it out, jumped on it , turned his bed upside down, put it back in his mouth , spat it out, back in his mouth rolled it around spat it out then eat it

I dont know if he likes it or not

Hi guys

I just read this thread and thought bugger it i will try my little guy on some bananas

I broke a bit off and handed it to him, he poped it in him mouth and ran off to his bed, rolled it round in his mouth spat it out, jumped on it , turned his bed upside down, put it back in his mouth , spat it out, back in his mouth rolled it around spat it out then eat it

I dont know if he likes it or not

My puppy does the exact same thing! He does it with carrot as well.

Since I got Charlie I've never been able to have a whole banana or apple to myself at home. He must always insist with share. Now, with Emmy, she is the same.

I use to make a fruit salad to take to training for Charlie.