Pup Died 8 Days After We Got Him Home

nixon

I have had 2 beautiful Aussie Bulldogs, they have a fantastic gentle temperament.

My first one Jessie I got from the original founder of the breed in QLD and she was fantastic with flying the dog out and sending out to me all the vet certificates, and ancestry papers. Jessie was everything to us and she lived a very happy and healthy life for 8 years until she passed away with bowel cancer. I paid $1200 for her back then.

My second Aussie I got from SA, from a breeder listed on the Club web site. Annie was a bigger dog than Jessie, we never saw her father only pictures. The mum was the imagine of Jessie. So we got a receipt for our $1200, the paperwork and vet certificates etc. We found out later this was the breeders first ever litter, and she never bred again....not to my knowledge anyway. Annie turned out to be a largish dog, who looked more pit bull than Aussie Bulldog. She was vomiting on and off a week or so after we got her, but put it always down to what she was eating (anything she got her mouth around), change of diets (trying to find the one to stop the vomiting and diarrhea) under vet care the whole time. She had $1,000's worth of tests and we were still no better off knowing what was wrong. The last load of BT said she had cancer. So instead of putting her through more of these invasive tests and the ill health she had suffered since we got her, we put her to sleep. She was only 11 months old. I told her breeder, and she said if she had another mating she would offer us another pup, but I said no....2 dogs of the same breed, both having cancer.....I couldn't do it again.

I chose another breed. I wanted the stubby nose, so opted for a Pug :laugh:

I just wanted to say how sorry I am about your pup. There is an Aussie Bulldog group on FB and quite a few of them have health problems, I was not aware of this when I bought mine.

I also wanted to say I think $2,000 for an Aussie is outrageous. The most I have seen them sold within the club is $1200, most are $1000.

Good Luck getting your money back.

BF

Edited by Bluefairy

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There are breeders who are breeding 6th and 10th generation of Aussie bulldogs to each other - the "original breeder" mentioned in the last post is one.

I believe they are a valid breed, unfortunately, a lot of cowboys are spoiling it for everyone.

Remember the registered Bulldog too, a good one from a proper breeder should have no problems.

There are breeders who are breeding 6th and 10th generation of Aussie bulldogs to each other - the "original breeder" mentioned in the last post is one.

I believe they are a valid breed, unfortunately, a lot of cowboys are spoiling it for everyone.

Remember the registered Bulldog too, a good one from a proper breeder should have no problems.

Our pup was from one of the founding breeders Of the Aussie bulldog they put a BBD male over their

aussie bitch for our litter

Edited by nixon

The preservation of the British Bulldog breed is in my opinion the most important thing that ANKC Bulldog Clubs and the ANKC must work towards.

I hope the day will never come that the Aussie Bulldog becomes a recognised breed within the ANKC. It will be a very black day.

The breeders of these Aussie Bulldogs have no regard for our breed and they will never have my respect. Only my disgust for what they have done. If there are ANKC registered breeders out there who think the Aussie Bulldog breeders are doing the dog world a good service by breeding this cross then I am so disappointed. They have not made their breed healthier. That is evident to see in many posts. They are so divided in what they are doing.

But this is not what this thread is about.

I am sorry for your loss Nixon. I hope you can recover your money.

If you are concidering a Bulldog later on then I hope you meet with better luck.

debs

There is a guy round the corner from me who has 2 aussie bulldogs, i thought they were bb, as they are very low to the ground and broad.

A friend in my street told me they were aussie's, he has a bb, and its interesting, as his boy is much taller, fitter (goes for 40min walks), much healtheir looking dog allround, but i would have placed them the other way round :laugh:

Calling these people breeders is just wrong!

They are BYBers!

And paying $2000 for a cross bred pup is ridiculous!

I have paid less that that for 2 Show purebreds papers etc with transport!

I would talk with consumer affairs in both states. It's likely that you can claim 'defective merchandise' and take them to Magistrate's court to recover costs. Yes, it will be a pain. But slapping unethical breeders with costs and forcing them to take responsibility is better for everybody in the long run.

Unfortunately Jed, I would never class these people as reputable ethical breeders.

I think this would be a long battle

That's why we have courts, Stonebridge :(

Hi Nixon,

I'm sorry for your loss please learn from this never go near BYBs, Pet shops or Puppy Mills as you are not the first person in this situation :( and won't be the last. :):rofl:

If you want this type of dog, I'm sure pounds and shelters would have some and would be much cheaper too.