Selling Pups With No Papers?

pinky11

Don't forget some older breeders say un registered but actually mean limited.

Always ask if the pup is main or limited registered.

that is exactly what I was going to mention.

I found over the year when I inquired about pups from registered breeders within my breed that they simply answered me that pups wont be sold with papers!

After a few more emails I soon realised that this meant the pups were still registered with limited papers, but "no papers" meant it was not on main with papers to be shown or breed - if that makes sense.

So I would do as Oakway mentioned - ask them and any others you manage to get a hold of if pups are registered whether it be main or limited, this will at least rule out any misinterpretations - knowing they are registered is the important thing especially if you want just a pet.

all the best with your searches :)

Thanks everyone again, but this breeder is definitly(spelling) selling the pups with no papers or you pay extra $$$ for the limited papers - no main papers even mentioned

I'm staying away from this breeder plus i've more replies but to my emails now, thing are looking better for our puppy search. :)

Don't forget some older breeders say un registered but actually mean limited.

Always ask if the pup is main or limited registered.

that is exactly what I was going to mention.

I found over the year when I inquired about pups from registered breeders within my breed that they simply answered me that pups wont be sold with papers!

After a few more emails I soon realised that this meant the pups were still registered with limited papers, but "no papers" meant it was not on main with papers to be shown or breed - if that makes sense.

So I would do as Oakway mentioned - ask them and any others you manage to get a hold of if pups are registered whether it be main or limited, this will at least rule out any misinterpretations - knowing they are registered is the important thing especially if you want just a pet.

all the best with your searches :)

Thanks everyone again, but this breeder is definitly(spelling) selling the pups with no papers or you pay extra $$$ for the limited papers - no main papers even mentioned

I'm staying away from this breeder plus i've more replies but to my emails now, thing are looking better for our puppy search. :)

Don't forget that rules and regulations can change state to state for dogs. What one controlling body will let you do another won't.

Ok even if you are a great breeder ..sometimes a unplanned pregnancy can occur ..bitch has already had her litters allowed in the time frame allowed ..what do breeders do with the resulting pups that cannot be registered ??

Register them with a explanation. Fine is usually a slap on the wrist first time. $300 next time.

Thanks for that ..information i was not aware of regarding fine ..got slapped on wrist once as I was less than a week out in my breeding schedule..two litters in 18mths

i nearly had this happen with my young bitch, (sneaky and houdini boy) but watched her closely and had her ultrasounded with full intention of aborting litter if one had occoured. She wasnt pregnant thank goodness, but I wasnt aware that your could get a slap on the wrist, she is a healthy 3 year old bitch? I have no intention of breeding her again for another year + (have two other litters planned with other girls :mad ) i guess it just calls for good managment and an eagle eye ;) At least she dosnt have silent seasons like her mum! lolol

sorry OT

Ok even if you are a great breeder ..sometimes a unplanned pregnancy can occur ..bitch has already had her litters allowed in the time frame allowed ..what do breeders do with the resulting pups that cannot be registered ??

NSW will register most litters and will place them on the limit register, flagged " never to be upgraded ".

NSW will register most litters and will place them on the limit register, flagged " never to be upgraded ".

Wonder if Qld is the same ..will check but hope it never happens ..was not impressed being officially slapped on the wrist over less than a week out !! had not realised my girl had a shorter cycle than her normal 6 mths ..still I learnt to now double check !!!

I can just imagine if this happened and you had to place them on limited that this would be the litter with the type of pup you had waited all your life for ..Murpheys Law .. :noidea:

I reckon thats a bit rich. its not as though there is anything wrong with the pups.

I much prefer that people follow up an initial email with a phone call, even if you ask when would be most convienient

At least you get an idea of what the person is like. After all buying a pup is a relationship of sorts & we all want our babies to go to the best homes. I dont undestand the huge price differences, sounds very dodgy to me, as all pups should get the same quality of care regardles of papers (ltd or main)

Wonder if Qld is the same ..will check but hope it never happens ..was not impressed being officially slapped on the wrist over less than a week out !! had not realised my girl had a shorter cycle than her normal 6 mths ..still I learnt to now double check !!!

I can just imagine if this happened and you had to place them on limited that this would be the litter with the type of pup you had waited all your life for ..Murpheys Law .. :laugh:

I know of a breeder who has had a fifth litter. Got the vet letter early, got approval from cccq ealier rather than at time of registering.