Its Genetic...

MonElite

Some of you might remember This Thread from the past

Well its genetic. I have a leather eating dobermann family living in my house!

This is what I was greated with when I came out from the shower this morning

35308_136225969745042_100000729200659_229812_3772839_n.jpg

This was a new Italian made super soft, beautiful design leather glove that I totally LOVED! :laugh: New, expensive, purchased in Poland. RIP glove, I will miss you no end, till about September, then next year.

In total agrevated anger I smacked the freak of a dog with the gloves chasing her around the dining table. She hid in fear behind my flatmate and wouldnt come out. I was seriously ready to kill her.

She is the rudest living thing, she is super smart, she steals things, she is destructive, she jumps on me from a distance of 3m, no matter how many times she landed on my raised knee, she even occasionall bench surfs. She barks, she guards, she gets up on the bed at night not invided.

She can be sweet and loving..... but geezus there wasnt much love I was willing to give this morning!

Edited by MonElite

Sorry to hear about your glove. This might make you feel better.

I was happily sitting in front of the computer a few weeks ago and suddenly thought to myself how quiet it was and also that my 'velcro' dog (4 month old Dobe) was not in sight. After some investigation I discovered him in the loungeroom having a lovely time chewing a hole in the corner of our new leather lounge! Not happy!

HI Mona

your not alone , for us its the gardening gloves , and the riding gloves we never leave leather or hides alone they are to much temptation to our three , oh and although they have never chewed the leather couch they lick it constantly drives us nuts , nothing worse than finding they have managed the impossible to get to the gloves we use for riding we hide them on a shelf 2 meters off the ground , all it takes is for one finger to be hanging down and they are gone

Oh Mon, that sucks.

Bloody dogs- we have a hole in the couch, bits missing off the car, etc etc from Evie's great chewing days.

Like you, I once chased her around the back yard yelling at her while brandishing what had been our last remaining gardenia bush. You know it won't help but it's impossible not to!

RIP beautiful leather glove...

Can we add to the list of chewed items, Power bricks still plug into the wall, Ironing cords ( no ironing for a week, this one not to bad) any thing in the way of electrical cords!!!!

• Lounges
  • Carpets
  • University assignments
  • Text Books
  • Coffee table books (brought back from Europe)
  • Any dog mat (the more expensive the better)
  • We don't discuss leather gloves, still to angry!!!

But best of all any toy of twenty plus year old daughter!!!!!!!! Who of course has decided she hates this particular dog!!!

the rottie ate the cultivator and box that it was delivered in within 2 hours of its arrival , we returned home to find her running around the yard having a ball with one of the wheels , was flat packed every part that was rubber , plastic was chewed beyond recognition the steel bits were scattered all over the yard RRR oh and one new 4WD wheel eaten a whole in ( while still attached to the car ) .

So list would look like

1x Saddle

20 pairs of gloves and counting

1 x cultivator

150 m of irrigation pipe

1 x control box on the water pump

1 x 4WD wheel

1 x kitty litter tray ( out in the sun for airing )

Garden hose

Rose bushes

Dog beds on a monthly basis

:thumbsup: She sounds like fun. Maddening but fun. But hey, isn't her registered name Make me Furious :cheer:

I've been lucky with my dog in the fact that he's not a big chewer. However the bloody cat eats everything in sight! - every electrical cord/phone charger/shoelace/hair-tie/pencil in the bloody house is either ruined or has teeth marks in it. He raids the bin when I'm out too :rasberry:

Shame about the gloves though..

My commiserations! The leather-eating gene exists in Standard Poodles, as well - a bitch of mine ate all the armrests of a leather lounge suite :thumbsup: I have also lost a few gloves over the years!

Edited by poodlemum

I will gladly take on anyone's awful, naughty dogs.

I have been tempted for weeks to advertise my 20 month old daughter free to good home...or any home.

Every day is a new adventure of digustingness and feralness that I have never encountered with my labs. My labs don't open the pantry and empty cereal everywhere despite the doors having been tied shut. My labs don't get poo and rub it into the carpet, put it on their sisters pillow, throw it at the mirror etc etc (every day is a new poo story). My labs don't take my keycard and licence from my wallet and hide them under my laptop, my labs don't get the phone and sit it in a plate of milk. My labs don't turn off the dishwasher every time I turn it on. My labs don't wear 40 sets of clothes a day just for the hell of it. My labs don't open the bird aviary. My labs don't draw on the walls, furniture or car. My labs don't put dead lizards in their shoes and put them in the wardrobe. *sigh*

I'll take the naughty dogs any day. At least it is legal to put them outside, lock the door and walk away.

So any takers for the human monster????

Oh I feel your pain

- most expensive pair of leather shoes

- more moccasins than I care to count

- ugg boots

- sneakers

- cords to all sorts of electrical appliances including the vacuum, iron, evaporative cooler, computer, printer

- more extension cords than I care to count

- water buckets

- pot plants, pots and all

- bedding

- pool filter, hose, casing and motor

- parts of the car including hand brake and gear stick

- crates, yes the steel ones

- PVC storm water pipe

- hammock beds

- all sorts of wood

- toys

- anything in the recycle bin

- mobile phone

And yes he has made it to 1 year old, but may not get to 18 months

I also found This Thread from the past.

We are now 3 pairs of ugg boots later, they all ened up looking like that pair. Last lot was brand new one week old.. Current pair has the fur eaten from around the anckles.

I can not remember how much bedding has been destroyed, several pairs of shoes, sunglasses, about 5 jumpers that I loved, undies and bras. Plus a LOT more........

This is what greeted me when I got home from spending an hour out doing the grocery shopping:

IMG_0322.jpg

My OH's $250 running shoes that he idiotically left on top of Akira's kennel. Luckily it was only the laces.

Not sure who I'd rather give away at the moment: OH or Akira.

Edited by whiskedaway