Rspca Settles Out Of Court With Graziers

Steve

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/07...?section=justin

The RSPCA has reached an out-of-court agreement with lawyers for graziers in the south-east of South Australia who were charged with mistreating hundreds of cattle.

Thomas and Patricia Brinkworth and three of their livestock managers were charged with mistreating more than 800 cattle by allegedly allowing them to slowly starve to death.

Criminal charges were dropped in January when the evidence was ruled inadmissible because of an error made by RSPCA staff.

Lawyers for the Brinkworths had been seeking substantial legal costs from the RSPCA.

The organisation says it has now reached a confidential settlement.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/07...?section=justin

The RSPCA has reached an out-of-court agreement with lawyers for graziers in the south-east of South Australia who were charged with mistreating hundreds of cattle.

Thomas and Patricia Brinkworth and three of their livestock managers were charged with mistreating more than 800 cattle by allegedly allowing them to slowly starve to death.

Criminal charges were dropped in January when the evidence was ruled inadmissible because of an error made by RSPCA staff.

Lawyers for the Brinkworths had been seeking substantial legal costs from the RSPCA.

The organisation says it has now reached a confidential settlement.

:):champagne:

I hope they took them for millions. What a shame it was out of court and the settlement details won't be known.

So I gather you actually saw the animals and followed the whole of the court proceedings?

From what I saw, photos & info on the news & papers it sure looked like there was cause for concern ?

As the graziers are wealthy & have business interests to protect they can afford to sue over a bungled point of law.

I have to wonder what the outcome would have been had it been a poor person.

Either way its another big stuff up that cost money & did not benefit any animals.

I just wonder how many innocent people have been taken to the cleans because of the RSPCA and the way they conduct themselves. This time they picked the wrong people to screw over and they are paying for it.

Again I ask: Did you see the animals and were you at the court case to see all the evidence from each side?

I just wonder how many innocent people have been taken to the cleans because of the RSPCA and the way they conduct themselves. This time they picked the wrong people to screw over and they are paying for it.

Again I ask: Did you see the animals and were you at the court case to see all the evidence from each side?

Did you :cry:

Did you :cry:

No, but I am not passing judgement as you are and hoping that the people took the RSPCA "for millions".

I think a few people have missed SBT's point.

It's a little bit 'RSPCA cries wolf' and a little bit of karma

They keep screwing over people who are doing the right thing and they win... so when it comes to someone who possibly really needs to face the charges and they lose, there is little sympathy for the RSPCA having to pay up.

Just hopefully the animals are no longer suffering no matter the outcome of the case.

It's a little bit 'RSPCA cries wolf' and a little bit of karma.

They keep screwing over people who are doing the right thing and they win... so when it comes to someone who possibly really needs to face the charges and they lose, there is little sympathy for the RSPCA having to pay up.

Just hopefully the animals are no longer suffering no matter the outcome of the case.

I haven't missed the point; but I would like to know why taking the RSPCA for millions is a better solution. Where is the karma [sic] in that ? Where do those millions come from? It comes from the pockets of well meaning people who probably, like the majority of Australians, think the RSPCA is a wonderful caring and ethical organisation.

Outrageous statements like SBT123's don't help in the slightest.

Edited by Mother Moocher

It's a little bit 'RSPCA cries wolf' and a little bit of karma.

I haven't missed the point; but I would like to know why taking the RSPCA for millions is a better solution. Where is the karma [sic] in that ? Where do those millions come from? It comes from the pockets of well meaning people who probably, like the majority of Australians, think the RSPCA is a wonderful caring and ethical organisation.

Outrageous statements like SBT123's don't help in the slightest.

No it comes from the pockets of the people they have falsely yet successfully accused of cruelty over the years.

THAT is the karma part.

FTR: I think that for the most part, MOST RSPCA workers really do a great job - but there are so so so so many issues within the organisation that they are just a mess and I don't feel I can support them.

post-23033-1279946266_thumb.jpg

No one can say that these cows were treated well

Cows Cruelty Case

I dont support the RSPCA either but they should have done the job properly. I doubt very much that the photos shown & the footage shown on the news was invented or photoshopped.

These cows were starving & in a shocking state. Hundreds of them.

Now the owners get compensation, so they got away with it.

Does anyone think they will spend the money on feeding the cows ?

Not a victory IMO.

Bullets are not expensive, if animals are starving and there is no forseaable positive outcome those poor creatures should have been put out of their misery. I have friends that work at the SA RSPCA and they were gutted about what happened, these are the front line people, not the ones in the Office. But as they say the rich get richer and I am sure not a cent will be spent on the welfare of their animals :thumbsup:

I can only hope that Karma exists and the people that knowingly allowed these animals to literally starve to death will be around when it comes full circle. Whether you like the RSPCA or not the only victims in this case were innocent animals whose only purpose was to make their owners money. Karma deserves to give a visit to the ex RSPCA staffer that messed this case up also in my opinion too. No one cared about their wellbeing or health only the mighty dollar. I understand these were not pets, we are farmers also but I could not sleep at night knowing that I was the cause of animals starving and dying.

post-23033-1279946266_thumb.jpg

No one can say that these cows were treated well

Cows Cruelty Case

Anyone who owns an animal such as the one above is anything but innocent and they should be the one's taken to the cleaners.

Did you :o

You have a point in saying that the RSPCA do need to answer for the way they conduct themselves but surely they cant be wrong all of the time?! You really should not be generalising and assuming that the RSPCA were wrong this time around. :rofl:

Bullets are not expensive, if animals are starving and there is no forseaable positive outcome those poor creatures should have been put out of their misery. I have friends that work at the SA RSPCA and they were gutted about what happened, these are the front line people, not the ones in the Office. But as they say the rich get richer and I am sure not a cent will be spent on the welfare of their animals :laugh:

I can only hope that Karma exists and the people that knowingly allowed these animals to literally starve to death will be around when it comes full circle. Whether you like the RSPCA or not the only victims in this case were innocent animals whose only purpose was to make their owners money. Karma deserves to give a visit to the ex RSPCA staffer that messed this case up also in my opinion too. No one cared about their wellbeing or health only the mighty dollar. I understand these were not pets, we are farmers also but I could not sleep at night knowing that I was the cause of animals starving and dying.

You said it beautifully casowner. :o:rofl: :rofl: