White Boxer Pups Ad In Paper

spottychick

I'm just curious about this because I nearly spat all my coffee out when I read it! :rofl:

There was an ad in Sat Examiner for boxer puppies. It said something like "1 female $1000 and 2 white males $6000 each"

SIX THOUSAND!!! Is that normal? Is it because they are white? What is that difference in price all about and are puppies really sold for that kind of price?

I mean I think a white boxer pup would be as cute as all get out but I didn't even spend half of that buying a car :D

Perhaps I'm just naive or wierd or something!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This article is interesting: www.vicboxer.com/articletwo.html

And this is the article's punchline: "It should also be noted that, given the information and knowledge available concerning white Boxers, the provision or sale of white puppies could be regarded in law as negligence."

The colour factor , a $ play on ignorance , have a neighbour with an older white boxer , she says was going to be a cull as there are apparently health issues with pure white ( her boy is deaf ) and due to sun exposure has been treated for melanoma . White is not accepted colour for the standard as far as I know and I would not buy one

Thanks for the article curlybert - I wish they'd put some paragraphs in it tho - so hard to read!! But from what I read it doesn't sound good for the poor white pups!

But yeah - it must be a typo - I would hope! I just wasn't sure.

Okies.....DEFINITELY a typo! Poor guy said that he had somebody ring him on Saturday night and abuse him. He had no idea why, thought they may have been drinking or something but when he got hold of the paper and saw what his ad said, he rang the paper and apparently they are going to give him his money back.

As per TCA regs, the white males were registered on Limited Registration. :laugh:

This article is interesting: www.vicboxer.com/articletwo.html

And this is the article's punchline: "It should also be noted that, given the information and knowledge available concerning white Boxers, the provision or sale of white puppies could be regarded in law as negligence."

Whoever wrote the article deserves a swift and hard kick up the backside! So what is his/her solution? to kill every white pup so as not to be considered "negligent" ??? :laugh:

It wouldn't be negligent if you made people aware of the potential issues. But I guess the same could be said of many other dogs with specific problems or potential problems.

ETA - and I think they should be given a swift kick for writing so horribly ;)

Edited by spottychick