Camera Insurance

Yes they keep it complicated. My gear is not covered under my Public Liability. And the cost of cover as "business equipment" was astronomical. So it is just with the contents insurance. And the small print limits the number-of-items pay-out if anything major happens like a break-in or a fire. So my cameras and lenses are severely under-insured at the moment. If just one lens or body is affected it is covered, but not multiple loss or damage in any one year.

What ticks me off is that because we live in a severe bushfire risk area, we have to pay a massive extra loading on the insurance. Yet if the worst happens, they write in so many exclusions that you think why bother at all. I really do not like the insurance industry.

Justice - be aware that you may not be covered as some insurance companies will see you as more than a hobbyist. It is very worthwhile to check with your company and specifically ask about your exact circumstance and always get the answers in writing. I know two people - one here and one in the US who got done by their companies who considered themselves much as you do.