Have You Ever Felt Like Returning Your Puppy?

aussielover

Be honest....

My sister asked if we could return Mindy after about 15 minutes in the car after leaving the guide dogs center, after she had pooed and vomited and was then proceeding to scream/bark/howl etc for the rest of the trip :cheer:

There have been a number of other incidents where I have thought "what have i done???'' mainly involving barking at night or hyper behaviour/zoomies at 6 am in the morning :(

But it is worth it ;)

Edited by aussielover

I've only had Stanley for 2 weeks and already having those thoughts :cheer: He has hyper zoomies at 6AM and after dinner at 9PM which drives me nuts as I want to go to bed! I believe it will be all worth it in the end, plus I love him too much to return him. :( He is a great pup when he's not so mischievous. ;)

:cheer: I've heard stories from my friend about wanting to return their puppies.. or trade the puppy for Charlie.

Umm... as much as Emmy was a feral child when I got her... no, the thought never cross my mind :( Although the boyfriend often ask her 'What's wrong with you?!' when she is up to no good.

Honestly, I find her naughtiness refreshing and hilarious, I think it's because Charlie never went through it, and watching her get naughty.. I feel like I'm really having the puppy experience, and it's really fun. She's nowhere near as bad as some puppies I've heard about, but she's mischievous that it keeps everyone entertained ;)

(BTW, i don't let her get away with murder... whenever she does something bad, I remind her of the house rules, then laugh about it when she's gone somewhere :) )

Oh boy have there been times where I've been so completely annoyed by my Zeus-ling's behaviour that I've told him I'll leave him behind at the off-leash park when he doesn't get in my car or acts up. He's nearly 14 months but boy can he be disobedient and a right royal shit when he wants to be. But in the end, I love him to pieces and would never leave him behind ever because he's my Zeus and I love him.

I just wish he wouldn't be quite so psycho sometimes! :dancingelephant:

When Jane was a pup...well up until she was over 12 months, we often thought of returning her but realised no-one else would have her :dancingelephant: She was beyound naughty 24/7. Couldn't even pat her when she was young without escalating her behaviour but while she is still naughty, she has developed into THE most wonderful dog. She is funny and fearless but also cuddly and smoochy and she has the most lovely joyous nature! We often look back and breathe a sigh of relief that her puppyhood is (almost) over! Mind you, we still have to convince her she is all grown up! :dancingelephant:

A close friend encouraged me to take in a homeless staffy pup by simply bringing it over to my house one Friday night after work. Of course I kept her. Every day at work I would do a show and tell of what she had eaten/destroyed the day before. I'd often get emails with links to contests like "Australia's Naughtiest Dog". Despite the fact that I no longer own any furniture without tooth or toenail marks I love her to pieces and have never regretted keeping her but almost 3 years later my friend is still apologising to me for bringing her into my life in the first place!

I swore black and blue that I was returning Akira about two weeks ago. She went through a destructive patch - two pairs of OH's sneakers got the laces ripped out, two pairs of my slippers bit the dust, holes were dug, lawn was ruined, even her kennel was chewed. But I still love her to death. :thumbsup:

:) :) :thumbsup: ;) :rofl: :rofl: ;)

What a great topic! Where do I start!!!??

For the first four weeks I had her home, I was suffering badly from Post Puppy Depression. I was quite seriously ready to book myself into a mother-baby retreat! I was by myself as Hubby was away (which was really in hiensight, the core of my issues at the time) and I spent most evenings in tears on the phone to my mother in law. My quite little lap dog had far too much personality and was getting a bit big for her boots, right from the time we climbed in the car to bring her home! I mean... she barked AT me if I didn't do what she wanted!!! Have respect child! I used to threaten her, saying I would send her to the home for naughty dogs!

Now she has been with us for over three months and yes, she still does my head in at times, but most of the time I wouldn't be without her. When she has me chasing her around the dining room table at 2 in the morning (and the subsequent scratching on the laundry door), I remind myself of the good little friend that she is, the puppy dreams she has in my lap, the games we play together and the things she does that make me laugh, like standing on the dining room table when while waiting for me to return to the room. :thumbsup:

Chewing my phone and laptop chargers in half wasn't one of them...

Regularly!

She's 14 months old now, and although I absolutely adore her, I still occasionally need to lock her in her box and leave her for half an hour while I calm down & forget about booking her a return flight to Oz. :thumbsup:

Absolutely - Earl has been threatened with being returned to his breeder so many times :laugh: He is only 10 months old and - being a bloodhound is - stubborn - huge - and drooly. He chases the kelpie incessantly and is so in your face at times - the back yard is a swamp and he snores like a chain saw.................

........but he is part of the family for better or worse and we would be lost without him

My Askari was a full on puppy and I rang the breeder to ask how I took the batteries out cause the on/off switch wasn't working. :laugh: She is now often referred to as the "Grand Dame" at the ripe old age of 3. She is so queenly and gentile in her behaviour I can't convince people she was the devil incarnate as a puppy.

Thanks, guys. I've now decided a puppy isn't for me. :laugh:

Moon was a darling puppy, slept through the night, no chewing, howling barking or piddling in the house and obeyed the rules as soon as she learned them.

I should've realised that good puppy equals terrible adult dog. She's great, but sometimes I could just *makes strangling motions*

I'm going to go against the trend and say No, I had 4 puppies in under 2 years and never once did I ever want to return them, not for a second! Geez I must be broken :laugh: and yes they did get up to puppy mischief not a lot I must admit. Come on there has to some others out there that loved it all?? The good the bad and the ugly!!

Oh god I can relate!! We have 2 puppies and my OH came home 1 day to find me in the bedroom crying and the pups outside crying!! It just gets all too much sometimes! But we can not imagine our lives any other way now! its hard to imagine we were ever without them they just bring so much love and happiness into our lives its wonderful! I was talking to my mum the other day about it and she just sat there and laughed and said it will be 10 times harder when we have kids!! We have decided puppies forever now!! :-)

Sally almost did my head in. She was into everything, destroyed everything, jumped, ran, never got tired, liked to nip me and my clothes. my favorite threat was 'Stop that or I'll take you back to the breeder'!

Bert was a bugger but more manageable. there were still times when my OH would threaten him with 'sending him back to the smelly house!' (Bert's breeders house was a little dirty and on the nose :laugh: )

Only since starting loose lead training :laugh: Up until now she has been better behaved than I expected :laugh: I think my expectations were low to begin though :mad It is seriously one of the hardest things I've ever tried to do! She is so strong at 12-13 kilos :)

From the moment I arrived at the airport to collect my youngest I started to think what was I getting myself into. I could hear his whining from the vehicle moment he arrived on the back of the trolley thing ... there was no way he was going to be overlooked or forgotten.

Then to open the crate and find a very smelly puppy and not the little cute thing I was expecting. Then there the was constant crying all the way home as we stuck our heads out the window to get gulps of fresh air to stop ourselves from vomiting from the smell. He was rushed into a nice warm hydro bath at 11pm at night before being bundled up into towels and taken inside ... all the while crying which was upsetting our older dog who was carrying on big time trying to find out what was going on (we were not prepared to introduce them at that time of night).

He then cried almost constantly that night and would only sleep when I was laying beside his crate with my fingers through the bars ... I think it was almost 3 days before I would sleep more then an hour at a time.

Then the runs started ...

If his breeder had been closer I would probably have taken him back within 24 hours!!!

It wasn’t that we weren’t prepared or knew what to expect with a pup … but I had just never had such a vocal dog

I wouldn’t swap him for a moment now … ok maybe I would think about it for a moment :laugh:

Yep.. would happily send Bundy home at the moment. He's been desexed and is going stir crazy.. and is destroying anything that moves. He keeps jumping out of his crate :laugh: My laptop charger was this mornings casualty after he escaped his pen and pulled it onto the floor from the middle of the table.. Grrr. He is lucky I love him.

God, both mine were feral pups.

Lili was unhinged, unstoppable and even got into the habit of rushing at me trying to bite my face....nice.

She would grab onto my clothes and fight when I tried to get them off her, she wouldn't be brushed, she pulled a phone plug/cable from the wall and wrecked a remote control and 2 pairs of shoes-this was in the first 2 weeks of having her.

Mosley ripped up the carpet in our rental....nuff said :laugh:

But I loves them!