Removal Of Titles Gained

TrinaJ

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ANKC doesn't use the breed standards for all breeds from the FCI nor is the show system run along FCI lines - there are no CACs or CACIBs won in Australia.

What connection is there for the FCI - ANKC?

The ANKC is the only australian member of the FCI (only one allowed per country) and a contract partner is an organisation that is on probation to become a member with the FCI. Either way a condition of membership is that you ABIDE by FCI rules.

Can you point top these regs ?

TrinaJ, that's fantastic news and thanks for posting. At least its a step in the right direction.......but I have just heard on good authority the ANKC is not a member of the FCI .

So, if they're not a member......they don't have to abide by anything ....do they??

TrinaJ, that's fantastic news and thanks for posting. At least its a step in the right direction.......but I have just heard on good authority the ANKC is not a member of the FCI .

So, if they're not a member......they don't have to abide by anything ....do they??

The ANKC is an associate member, as someone else previously posted.

The ANKC President has since sent an email to all member bodies advising that no action be taken on that directive until it is discussed at the conference also advising DogsVic to remove it from their web site. .

That says to me that its just the beggining. They slipped a bit early by puting the notice on the website.

But to me this clearly says its not over.

More from Alison

Dear Friends of the Working Dog Although the below information was posted on the Rottweiler Yahoo group this afternoon is encouraging, we still need to make sure all clubs continue in their efforts to stop this from happening now or in the future.

In response to the ANKC action an NACA Council meeting last evening sent a request that the ANKC directive be rescinded immediately and a new directive stating that NO alterations are permitted be issued. This request was supported with extracts from the FCI Statues and Standing Orders as well as the ANKC's own Regulations. The writer reported that the ANKC President had since replied to all Member Bodies advising that no action be taken on that directive until it is discussed at the conference and also advising Dogs Victoria to remove it from their web site. So it is not over yet.

STOP THIS PIRACY WHICH COMPROMISES THE INTEGRITY OF OUR REGISTRY!

By its directive (see below in bold) the ANKC is not providing us with correct and accurate pedigrees, and by doing so, is in breach of the FCI regulations.

The new ANKC directive posted on the Dogs Victoria website this week, said, namely that Schutzhund titles, "obtained in other countries by dogs imported into Australia will not be added to the ANKC database at the time of registration. Furthermore, that Schutzhund titles such as ScH & IPO previously added to the ANKC database will be removed. ScH, IPO and other similar titles are a form of attack training and the ANKC does not recognise these titles or discipline."

Resist this unjustified editing being perpetrated upon us by our own Kennel Club, to our detriment and that of our dogs! Write to the ANKC http://www.ankc.org.au/Contact-Us.aspx to register your protest at their rogue action, vandalising Australian pedigrees by omission, in breach of FCI regulations.

The directive is devaluing OUR dogs and OUR Australian pedigrees. FCI IPO / SchH titles add value to our dogs at home and internationally. It represents an international accreditation which we pay to have to enhance our dog's working credentials and thus the status and value of their offspring. These are official titles - titles that belong to the dogs that earned them and as such are required to follow the dog. There is no reason they should not remain part of their Australian records.

By deleting the titles ANKC is in breach of its international agreement obliging Kennel Clubs to recognise each other's pedigrees, judges and titles (which includes FCI IPO / SchH titles), provided they are not contrary to the laws enacted by Governments of the countries concerned. Seeing as the Sport of Schutzhund is NOT declared illegal in any state in Australia, the ANKC has no grounds to claim immunity from compliance on the latter grounds. Nor can they claim that IPO / SchH titles earned in FCI countries are the subject of censorship by Australian law either. Frankly, any Australian canine official claiming to know what they are talking about, who then stands up in this day and age to say that IPO / Schutzhund is a form of "attack training", is either trapped in the past somewhere around the Jurassic Period or is deliberately deceiving the listener/reader to justify the unjustifiable.

What does that say about the integrity of their motives when Dogs Victoria / ANKC are in possession of the transcript from the 1998 Victorian court case "Burns VS City of Casey", where, after reviewing all the evidence the presiding court judge made the finding that Schutzhund training was not attack dog training and that the training did not result in a dog more likely to bite, but rather in a dog less likely to bite.

The bottom line is the ANKC has no valid justification to remove these titles. Which most likely explains why they did not engage in any proper consultation with those whose pedigrees are going to arbitrarily down-graded and whose dogs stand to lose in value as a consequence, before they issued it.

The ANKC is not only riding rough-shod over our right to have accurate pedigrees, but should be concerned that this very slippery slope they have chosen to take us down on our behalf, but without our consent. It is not only stripping owners of an asset, but is jeopardising the international standing of our Australian pedigrees if not their own credibility in the eyes of the world.

I think it's wrong to remove the titles, a dog gained them and was awarded them.

As equally as it is wrong to denounce the sport from whence the titles came, but then do a back-flip and embrace them for the sake of import because it suits them to do so - but only for their singular interest. A clean out is needed to straighten up the biases and ridiculous policies, at least in VicDogs (because I'm not remotely familiar with what happens within other State Bodies).

IMO, the only way VicDogs can straighten this out without skulduggery going on is to acknowledge the Schutzhund/working dogs along with their titles.

Straight up.

I have been reading this with interest and I am glad to read the news.

Please keep this topic alive and post if there is a requirement for action from ANKC members to continue to protest to the ANKC regarding this rule.

I support these titles... anyone who doesn't is ignorant about what they mean.

It is not over yet folks!

The ANKC has only said that the topic will be discussed at the next conference so we need to keep the pressure on.

Keep writing letters to them, the FCI and anyone else who you think needs to know what is happening in OZ.

Ultimately, we all need to sit down together to sort this mess out once and for all (breed clubs and IPO clubs) or it will continue to happen.

We need to stay united.

We need to have IPO/ SchH fully recognised by the ANKC. It is an FCI recognised dog sport.

We need for them to stop all the propaganda about it being a form of "attack training".

We need this to happen to preserve our great working breeds for now and into the future.

From the GSD to the Boxer, in one way or another, if you own an FCI recognised "working/ utility" breed IT WILL EFFECT YOU UNLESS SOMETHING IS DONE ABOUT IT NOW!

Spread the message and join the fight to stop the ANKC destroying our working breeds.

Yes, we need to keep on this everyone. I have just heard from a friend about her friend in NSW who just received pedigrees of a dog she purchased..........with ALL Schutzhund titles removed. :laugh:

I hope your friends, friend sends it back with a letter of complaint. Especially since the decision has been withdrawn until it is reviewed in Oct.

Received this from a friend today

You will be happy to know I have just had rather a heated discussion with the CEO of Dogs NSW.

She has advised rather unhappily that the directive to withdraw the titles from these dogs has beeen withdrawn.

They have only withdrawn it until it is discussed at the ANKC Conference in October. She has advised that if we have cocerns in regards to this matter the we submit a submission in regards to our point of view on this matter.

She further advised that it is possible to request approval for a delegation to be present at this conference to speak on behalf of our submissions.

I believe we need to approach this in a united front as this conference is going to be our only opportunity we are going to have to stop this taking place. I believe we need to try and get the support of the government agencies that purchase our stock as this will have a significant impact on them as well.

She further advised that it is possible to request approval for a delegation to be present at this conference to speak on behalf of our submissions.

Would love to have an official FCI (full) Executive Member/Representative for this.

Would love to have an official FCI (full) Executive Member/Representative for this.

It is a shame Alison will not be back in Aus until December.

That's a great idea, I wonder who the FCI Rep is for us here....

I don't think we would have an FCI rep as the ANKC is not an FCI member.

we are member of the FCI as per the FCI website...

Member countries

Oceania - Organismes associés

1. Australia

2. New-Zealand

Oceania - Organismes associés

1. Australia

Australian National Kennel Council

P.O. Box 309 Carina Queensland 4152

Stephen street 60 Camphill

4152 QUEENSLAND

Tel. 00 61 7 3398 8608

Fax. 00 61 7 3395 3858