Childhood Dream Dog

I was dog crazy when I was a kid. I remember having this book, that had a page of stickers in the front which had to be put on the correct breed pages. I think I wore the thing out, I took it everywhere and could pretty much recite every breed in the book.... :laugh: I was so intent on having an English Springer Spaniel and a Borzoi.....

As I got older I decided that ESS and grass seeds didnt go together well. I havent had a breed with longer hair than a Kelpie!!

I would still love a Borzoi, a whole herd of Borzoi actually :laugh:

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wanted to have mice :laugh: But my parents said they'd never allow "vermin" as pets, so I moved on to the idea of a chihuahua. Mum and Dad were "big dog" people, and hated the idea, but finally agreed that I could have one if I saved up and bought it myself. I started saving when I was 7, and finally bought my first chi when I was 13! They were a bit rare and expensive in NZ in 1980 - she cost me $1000, which was a lot of money back then! Midget was a great little dog, and changed my parents' mind about small dogs - they've owned 2 chis (along side the big dogs) since then! That's Midget in my avatar picture.

Always always always wanted dachshunds. Now I have two :laugh:

We always had staffy's and jackrussels/foxy terriers as we grew up. Had some beautiful staffies as pet, would love to own one again.

Keen on a dobe, german shephard or long haired border collie. Will always try and have a dachshund tho :o

Went to the vet the other day and met a border collie cross akita.... she was a beautiful dog, I coulda taken her home then and there.

Love going to the vets for that reason :laugh: met a german shep pup long haired I almost squealed the place down

Edited by Leithy

I wanted a blue ACD ! after reading a book called Spud which was about an ACD that lived on a farm. something like that. I was obsessed. Anyway, now that i'm older not sure if i would get one because iv got a huge list of breeds that id like to own someday.