Childhood Dream Dog

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read some book on gengis khan and 1000 mastiffs. So mastiffs, don't know what sort they would have been probably a mish mash of all and sundry bandogge type mastiffs.

No I did not have one, though he/she would have been good to drag me around the place, it would have been great childish fun.

Edited by GeckoTree

As a child I wanted to create a whole new breed that included every single breed of dog known to man, from the Chihuahua to the Great Dane...glad I grew out of that one ! :D

Other than that I had a small obsession with Dalmatians thanks to 101 Dalmatians, which makes me on the fence over ever owning one now. One one hand my family would never let me live it down, but on the other I could have a lot of fun with my family not letting me live it down lol

For me I wanted a sable rough collie like Lassie. My first dog ever as a 24 year old (me not the dog) ,wandered onto my property after being dumped by her previous owner. She was a 9 year old Sable rough collie girl. I reluctantly notified the pound, advertised etc but no one ever claimed her or the dog that was dumped with her so she was all mine. :D

Edited by mokhahouse

I had an imaginary pet husky as a child.

I also wanted a saluki.

I remember wanting to cross them with Schipperkes and have a Skipperluki. :D

(And this was before the DD craze started)

I'm glad I am no longer 7 and love my pedigree husky :rpfl:

Edited by Esky the husky

As a child I only had dachshunds but always wanted a Beagle.

In under three weeks time, I get my very first one!

Congratulations, I hope it fulfils all your childhood dreams :D

I always wanted a Saluki due to a book I read about a falconer and his peregrine falcon and Saluki :laugh: I've never had one but still think they are the most beautiful dogs :p

I was another one who wanted a GSD. I have always had a soft spot for them!

Shyla says "thanks huski!" :thumbsup:

I never had a dog growing up. But my dream dog was a German Shepherd. I still love them however I dont think they are a suitable breed for me right now, if ever. Ive seen alot of highly strung, super enegetic, GSD's and to be honest that has put me off. I know there are probably certain lines outt here that are not like that and thats great but I have found my heart breed in the Bullmastiff, easygoing and super low energetic,lol.

Yes I agree I was worried getting one so chose my breeder wisely (looking at the parents and lineage etc) and thankfully I got a laid back shepherd who likes to sleep :(

• 3 weeks later...

I always wanted a GSD when I was growing up. I used to have an imaginary GSD that followed me and kept me safe when I travelled the trains by myself :rasberry:

I finally got my GSD when I moved out of home, albeit with a few health problems, and having discovered and fallen in love with the adrenaline rush of agility, I don't think I will be getting another one.

I have mentioned it once before but I was in a park and got bowled down a hill by an Old English Sheepdog and fell in love. I got a pup from a breeder when I was 16. The whole family adored that crazy dog. When I moved out of home my land lord used to collect her so she could stay in his office during the day while I was at work. I used to take her to the shops and she'd sit outside and wait for me. She liked to be dressed up and she had a trike bike she liked to sit on. Her name was Phobie. Everyone loved her and she loved them. She passed away when I was in my mid 20s when I was quite sick myself so I think she was buried at my parents property but am not sure. I have never even thought of getting another OES. Her picture is still on display at my place some 20 odd years later.

When I was six/seven i wanted a dog like in Peter Pan. Nana was a newf. i got my first newfie cross in the early eighties and my first pedigree in the late eighties. Since that time I have always had at least one. They are my special breed

The first breed I fell in love ever was a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel... I remember going to visit my Aunty and her CKCS puppy (also name Charlie) came over to, climbed in my lap and fell asleep. I was 3 years old and I knew I was in love. Ever since then, I've always wanted one.

Funny because usually I prefer big dogs over little dogs but there is something about Cav's eyes that always gets me.