Heart Dogs

W Sibs

Is your dog someone else heart dog?

Emmy is my mum's heart dog. My mum goes bragging about Emmy to everyone... how cute she is, how smart she is, how awesome she is. Her friends pull our grandkids photos.. my mum shows them Emmy pics (I have to email her weekly photos of Miss Em to her) :provoke: I've never ever seen my mum like this to any other dogs before... but from the moment she met Emmy, it was love at first sight. Whenever she comes to visit.. she always makes sure that Emmy has a gift (Charlie too, but Emmy more). She likes taking Emmy for a walks, she grooms Emmy too and always ask me to leave Emmy with her for a sleep over and stuff...

oops.. i post this on wrong area.. should be in general dicussion :(

but continue replying ;) :hug:

Edited by CW EW

:provoke:

my friend has masses of coolies but which coolie does she absolutely adore, spoils rotten, rings up to ask how he is, calls her "little man"

yep, my rescue coolie boy :hug::( ;)

but my boy is loyal to me, if I'm around at her place he sits on my lap but the moment I get up and go out of the room he tears across and jumps on her :)

My dad and my rescue girl, Millie. He adores her something cronic, and wants me to let her live with him :provoke: Because of her, and the fact that he can't have her, he wants his own rescue Lab. This coming from a man who didn't really like dogs much when we were growing up, and even though we had dogs, they were always toy breeds. Millie has converted him!

:provoke: Yep, my Shine seems to be the heart dog of a number of people. We were at a trial on the weekend & about 10 people must have called her "my Shine" or "my girl". She returns the sentiment & has a number of people that are her "special people" :hug: I never have the heart to tell the people that there are a bunch of others who have the same relationship with her.

Guest Clover

I had not realy thought of this before. There is one dog that i am copletely smitten by who does not belong to me, he may be a little bit speshal and over the top but i adore him :).

Menacebears boy Clifford.....

3657109844_868c6490a8.jpg

Edited by Clover

Oh yeh thinking of that, I had one by who just melted my heart. I LOVED him, His owner is lovely and a couple of times even let me show him - I even got a challenge once, only because he knew what he was doing!

I found out he recently passed and I cried, I haven't seen him for quite a few years, but if I had ever had been asked if I would have liked to have him come and live with me, it would have been in a heartbeat. Oh those chocolate eyes, and the look up he gave - oh be still my heart.................

It is quite funny that I stumble across this post now! I have just returned from visiting our family in Perth over the weekend, where I took Genevieve for her first holiday!

My Dad asked if I could leave her there, to 'play with her Pop Pop for a bit longer' and he would send her home next week!! He emailed me this morning to make sure she was ok after the flight home (never mind asking if your daughter is alright :))

Every time I walked into the room, I would find G sitting on my Mum's lap! 'Nanna' (as my mother refers to herself), who doesn't like being licked by dogs, was more than happy to receive a puppy kiss from G!

My mother in law who is not ordinarily a dog fan, was quite smitten with her. We were dragged down to a coffee shop so she could show of her 'grand dog' to one of her girlfriends! For the first time in the 6 years I have known her - I saw her run!!!! She was running around the yard playing with the dog! :thumbsup:

She is definitely my heart dog though. She does her job incredibly well and I am so lucky to have her.

awww...

Yeah. My mum rings up just to check up on 'her girl'... making sure that she's ok. I told her that Emmy has been teething, so she's coming on Monday to make her congee (asian rice soupy dish). my mum rarely ask if i'm doing ok or anything.

My sister and the boyfriend's brother heart dog is Charlie... when i go away, there is usually a little war between those 2 on who gets to have Charlie... it's very funny.

I have to admit that I have a very soft spot for Corvus's lappie, Kivi. I've met him a few times, and each time I meet him.. a I fall for him just a little bit more :) It's hard not too.. especially the cuddles he gives me.

Edited by CW EW

A friend's son (6) calls Patch is best friend - he has 4 labs and 5 cats at home :mad We even have a small painting on canvas that he made for us of him with Patch - it is gorgeous :(

He and his brother are having a sleep over at our place in a couple of weeks.