Would You Reply

Joan of Arc

I'd answer it, you can find some good homes from terrible initial emails - people who have contacted lots of breeders and can't find a pup.

I actually agree with you becks. Seems a lot of people are so used to texting friends and family they have forgotten how to communicate text in a 'normal' way. I've had some terrible initial emails and some of them have turned out to be the wonderful families for my pups and people who always keep in touch at birthdays etc.

One reply usually sorts out whether it is worth persuing any further.

If they'd said "is the puppy/dog still for sale? I'm interested" that would be one thing, but if they cannot even specify what they are interested in, how do you even know what they want if THEY don't seem to know what they want?

If they'd said "is the puppy/dog still for sale? I'm interested" that would be one thing, but if they cannot even specify what they are interested in, how do you even know what they want if THEY don't seem to know what they want?

I agree, they just want a response so they can hack into your computer!! :)

I have a ton of security on my computer and don't use a personal email for puppy enquiries..so I tried a reply to that email to see what came back.. here was the answer I got.

"I'm much interested in buying , I work offshore presently and I don't have my cell #. So I can send someone to check on them for me. The price is not a problem.

Get back to me with your located address and your cell # so the person can check on you today.

Let me know asap."

I replied that I don't sell puppies unless I meet the actual prospective new family member/owner.

As if I'm going to hand out my address and phone number - a bit scarey though, I'm sure there are some gullible people who just might.

I have a ton of security on my computer and don't use a personal email for puppy enquiries..so I tried a reply to that email to see what came back.. here was the answer I got.

"I'm much interested in buying , I work offshore presently and I don't have my cell #. So I can send someone to check on them for me. The price is not a problem.

Get back to me with your located address and your cell # so the person can check on you today.

Let me know asap."

I replied that I don't sell puppies unless I meet the actual prospective new family member/owner.

As if I'm going to hand out my address and phone number - a bit scarey though, I'm sure there are some gullible people who just might.

Did the even mention a breed?? Why do I suddenly have visions of "Cruella De Ville" in my head??? :laugh:

God save me from idiots. Try this phone call that I took yesterday - posted it from work during lunch and as I said then you can tell I was still a bit irate by the spelling and typos

Just had a puppy enquiry from a bloke that wants a choc bitch 'sorry, dont breed chocs' well a gold one, yes have aYELLOW bitch and two black dogs available. Wont ahve a black dog, had one once and it killed a sheep. "Dont htink it was the colour that was responsible sir " dont care, black dogs kill sheep. SO now I'm ready to hang up because I'm not selling my babies to this bloke.

And if I have a choc boy and use another colour girl can I get all three colours. "its a little more complicated than that sir if you were thinking of breeding any my yellow girl is only on limited register which means you couldnt register pups from her litter.

Then tells me the daughter works at a vets and she can get a 'white lab'. "They may be pale coloured sir but the colour is recognised as yellow No he says, these are silver white. "Not purebreds sir, I can assure you, probably crossed with a weimiraner" but the 'breeder' told my daughter that its a purebred "contact DOgsNSW sir, gave him number, obtain copy of official Australian standard sir, I can assure there isno colour 'white' for a lab.

Oh so you think this is what people call a byb, "yes sir that is a good chnce" oh but of course it would be cheaper and a novel colour. And I wnat a lab to run with my STCD as a guard dog.

SIR, THAT IS WHY YOUR LABRADOR KILLS SHEEP - i AM SORRY BUT I WILL NOT SELL YOU A PUPPY!! GODD DAY. "

Let me know asap."

Definitely a scam - the part about being "offshore" is a dead giveaway!