We Need Some More Help Inthe King Lake Area

Steve

We have some people in the King Lake area of Victoria who have come to our attention via one of the counsellors still working in this area.

These people have to date not asked for any help and have battled through so far trying to put their lives back together but with winter here their struggle is now at a point where they have no choice but to ask for help or they will need to surrender their animals.

There are dogs, cats, chooks, horses and donkeys - in total 34 animals which need food.

We have made sure that this isnt just a bandaid and that it will in fact simply support them while they get to a point where they can again feed and care for their animals and a counsellor will continue to work with them to help out on the human side of things.

So if there is anyone close to this area who could possibly donate some food [dog cat chook horse ] or if anyone could help us out with this we could sure use the support.

We have some dog and cat food donated by Eukanuba stored around 100 kms away from King lake so we may need to ask for someone to help get it to King lake if we cant find any available closer too.

This is a great demonstration of why having individual local Pacers clubs in towns all over Australia will stream line things and make it much easier to source help when it comes to people who need us.

Julie

I live near Tyabb and have station wagon. I can pick it up if needed. I was up in Kinglake the day after the fires with the SES it was horrific

Lynda

Excellent!

Could you give me a ring when you can 0269276707

Julie

Let me know Enigma if you can't make it up there..I can meet you on the Eastlink line somewhere halfway.

Also Steve if you need dog/cat food donation later I may be able to ask our rep (not Euk but another super premium).

Edited by Staff'n'Toller

Let me know Enigma if you can't make it up there..I can meet you on the Eastlink line somewhere halfway.

Also Steve if you need dog/cat food donation later I may be able to ask our rep (not Euk but another super premium).

Thanks but I should be right, I dont have a life, I am heading up there tomorrow

Lynda

Thank you. Ill keep you in mind.

How far is Doncaster from King lake?

Thank you. Ill keep you in mind.

How far is Doncaster from King lake?

It's quite a way, but I head home in the Kinglake direction and live about 45mins from there.

Eukanuba donate dog and cat food to us which we now have Enigma transporting for us from where it was delivered this time in Tyabb to the counsellors office in King Lake.

Im just waiting on clarification of exactly how many horses, donkeys and chooks we need to feed too.

We dont have any of that on hand via donations so we will need to purchase it for them from a local stock feed place so any donations would definitely help.

It looks like being support needed for about 12 weeks so we will need a fair bit I think but will know more about how much when I get exact numbers.

i worked as a triage nurse at the make shift vet clinic after the fires in kinglake and volunteered with the rspca in whittlesea. the people and animals from these areas were just wonderful and so unbeliveably strong! kinglake isnt close but im still willing to help out with transport and donations and foster care of small animals. please pm me with nay information on how to help

Steve,

I live at Humevale a short drive from Kinglake and have lived in the area for 27 years.

I am also in Clayton (roughly 1 hour 10 minutes drive closer to Tyabb) generally on Monday, Tuesdays and Thursdays each week and if the dog/cat food could be delivered to me there I can bring it back home and up to Kinglake. I am a horse owner with more than 30 years experience.

I have a twin cab ute with canopy which will fit 6 bales of hay in the back and a float. There are two good feed stores in Whittlesea. Humevale is close to Whittlesea at the bottom of the mountain.

You have my number if you would like me to assist or check what is required.

Linda

Edited by lmwvic

Thank you all so much for your offers to help!

Enigma has the delivery sorted for dog and cat food but we also have

14 ponies, 6 horses,2 donkeys and 30 chooks.We will need

oat chaff,lucerne chaff,calm performer and copra. Plus chook food. Don't suppose anyone has any idea of how much a horse usually eats and how much we are going to need to feed this many for about 12 weeks? Probably our only avenue with this stock food is to purchase it from a nearby stock feed place and have it delivered. I think - but Ill look into it.

Julie

Oh yes we will also need a bit of budgie food and fish food. :scared:

Edited by Steve

Is it possible to get a request for urgent help broadcast over a radio station that serves the area...or a Melbourne radio station, too. Other owners of horses, ponies, donkeys & chooks might be happy to donate. Or just general members of the public.

Steve Calm performer is made by Barastoc if you contact them I think they'd sling a few bags your way. Certainly wouldn't hurt to try. http://www.agriproducts.com.au/agri/horse-landing_page.html

How much feed they'll need depends on age, weight, body score, work load and how much grazing there is. Native type ponies don't generally need much aside from hay but the more TB types need a lot more.

Steve Calm performer is made by Barastoc if you contact them I think they'd sling a few bags your way. Certainly wouldn't hurt to try. http://www.agriproducts.com.au/agri/horse-landing_page.html

How much feed they'll need depends on age, weight, body score, work load and how much grazing there is. Native type ponies don't generally need much aside from hay but the more TB types need a lot more.

Ive sent them an email - will let you know the outcome- thank you - good thinking!

Julie