Gsd Long Coats Nowoffical

Tarmons

It is done!!! The FCI agreed to change the standard and the long stockcoat will be shown, breed surveyed and registered separately in its own breed book(s) as of January 01, 2011 - a year later than planned but the mills of bureaucracy grind slowly.

The FCI commission only meets sporadically and the spring session was cancelled due to flight restrictions because of the Icelandic volcano!

http://www.schaeferhund.de/site/

Now in Australia we will wait and see if the Almighty Dollar is the stumbling block to these very beautiful GSDs entering the Show ring as some of the GSDCs have already protested at the thought of having to provide 12 extra sets of trophies and sashes.

It is done!!! The FCI agreed to change the standard and the long stockcoat will be shown, breed surveyed and registered separately in its own breed book(s) as of January 01, 2011 - a year later than planned but the mills of bureaucracy grind slowly.

The FCI commission only meets sporadically and the spring session was cancelled due to flight restrictions because of the Icelandic volcano!

http://www.schaeferhund.de/site/

Now in Australia we will wait and see if the Almighty Dollar is the stumbling block to these very beautiful GSDs entering the Show ring as some of the GSDCs have already protested at the thought of having to provide 12 extra sets of trophies and sashes.

I'm sure the long coat entries will cover the cost of trophies and sashes just as the normal coat entries cover them now?

Wonderful!!! Since i was wanting a show dog next (and i prefer the fluffy GSD's)...i may not change breeds after all :provoke: Or at least the GSD in the house will be showable as well as whatever else i get :D

ETA - tho i now really regret giving my B the snip so many years ago :D He loved going to the shows even if he didn't get into the ring ;)

Edited by KitKat

Yay :laugh: Go the long coats, gee how many times are the pick 's the LC 's :laugh:

Agree though there will be complaints about extra trophies, I have heard already about extra's needed for the neuter classes that are now to be included. :laugh:

These are variations of Sable and yes, they do....Black Sable and Wolf Grey or Grey Sable (we have our Bekki who is a grey sable) Black sables are VERY dark but have the grey undercoat (as compared to the fawn/tan or mahogany colours)

post-2225-1282955466_thumb.jpg

Angelsun, you have way more chance of that happening than I do....I only have a b/tmale and hubby isnt really interested in having more than one shep...........I always wanted a long coat sable bitch the only reason I didnt have one was not being able to show it..................

Well in truth, because you can't breed long hairs they just happen....we could be waiting a LONG time to get a sable long coat that's worthy of the show ring. I'm just hoping that every long coat doesn't come out of the closet simply to be shown because they can be....I hope people remember that quality and breed standard come first, and coat is second.