Australia's First Utility Gundog Ability Tests

:) Thanks poodlefan! Yes, Rogan, Polo and I travelled down to Melbourne to participate in the first Utility Gundog Ability Test under National rules with titles on offer. Both my boys managed to pass all five elements of the test and became the first " UG" dogs :D

Anyone with a Utility Gundog breed that is interested in seeing what their dogs were bred for should consider these tests. It does require some training and tests the dogs in Conformation, Obedience, Retrieving, Field and Trailing (tracking wounded game). Having been involved in Retrieving trials for a number of years, I have wanted to do something more suited to my Utility Gundog breeds, but found Field trialing extremely difficult to become involved with and daunting. The Utility Gundog test is a lot of fun!!

Edited by FHRP

Well done FHRP and your talented boys - what a wonderful achievement! And it must feel so good being out there, doing the variety of things that our breeds are meant to be able to do. Good on you and the UG boys, and how could anyone say that about Polo, he's a cutie :)