Wandering Dog Update 14/12/2010

Bilbo Baggins

I'm not sure why you are so hostile towards me. I dont want you to fail. I dont want the dog to be shot and killed. I asked a question earlier on, and initially was told it had mushrooms to eat so made a suggestion to offer food regularly. That's all, it wasn't an attack on you. People offer suggestions all the time. I dont claim to be an expert, I was just trying to suggest a way of helping. Then Koe told of his/her experience as a dog catcher over 10 years. I thought it sounded like a good idea.

ok, sorry. Bit thingy about it all as we cant post every discussion and every consultation on here as it would take a whole day, however all the the 'suggestions' put forward have been discussed earlier in the thread. It would help if people read what we have already discussed. We are not bunch of hot headed nut jobs running across the countryside trying to save the world, we are a committed rescue who are using trained professionals in order to remove a dog of our breed from a crap situation.

FYI

I read the whole thread.

back a few pages someone said the dog came from a closed factory so why not find who was at the factory who fed the dog and see if they can come call him.

Edited by KOE

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure why you are so hostile towards me. I dont want you to fail. I dont want the dog to be shot and killed. I asked a question earlier on, and initially was told it had mushrooms to eat so made a suggestion to offer food regularly. That's all, it wasn't an attack on you. People offer suggestions all the time. I dont claim to be an expert, I was just trying to suggest a way of helping. Then Koe told of his/her experience as a dog catcher over 10 years. I thought it sounded like a good idea.

ok, sorry. Bit thingy about it all as we cant post every discussion and every consultation on here as it would take a whole day, however all the the 'suggestions' put forward have been discussed earlier in the thread. It would help if people read what we have already discussed. We are not bunch of hot headed nut jobs running across the countryside trying to save the world, we are a committed rescue who are using trained professionals in order to remove a dog of our breed from a crap situation.

FYI

I read the whole thread.

back a few pages someone said the dog came from a closed factory so why not find who was at the factory who fed the dog and see if they can come call him.

dont know where the dog is from, it was a theory as was being dumped. Koe, my frustration was not aimed at you. Thankyou for your advice, catchers suggested the method come somewhere after step 2. We have access to a trap.

This area has grassland, factory walls, ally ways and cyclone fencing. Any constructive new advice is very welcomed and we will pass it on to our catcher guys. We are not using a paw trap.

Edited by Chewbacca

This area has grassland, factory walls, ally ways and cyclone fencing. Any constructive new advice is very welcomed and we will pass it on to our catcher guys. We are not using a paw trap.

OO !!! Does this mean they're going to have another crack at it ?? I assumed we only had them for the one appointment. We nearly got him yesterday with those chaps, so it would be great if we could try again with all the knowledge we gained from the experience yesterday.

OO !!! Does this mean they're going to have another crack at it ?? I assumed we only had them for the one appointment. We nearly got him yesterday with those chaps, so it would be great if we could try again with all the knowledge we gained from the experience yesterday.

We can use them again, we need to have an online meeting with all you guys to work out plan B. Jan will be consulting them again and we will go from there :heart:

We can use them again, we need to have an online meeting with all you guys to work out plan B. Jan will be consulting them again and we will go from there :heart:

I'm pretty much on line & at home all the time, so I'm ready when you are. :heart:

Hi KOE thanks for your suggestions, he is a sheppie alright so we know how smart he is. Can you please ring me 04375706 or email [email protected]

Plan B has been hatched and emailed to all concerned.

Plan C maybe the trap but it has been very hard acquiring one.

At the end of the day we want to get him so he does not end up shot dead.

This unfortunately maybe the end result if we are unable to catch him.

Edited by Bilbo Baggins

Wow, I read the beginnings of this thread a week or so back, such a shame he is still eluding capture. :cry:

Just a random thought; perhaps last resort or something.. has anyone considered using a tranquiliser or something similar? Sorry, apart from the initial pages I have not read the whole thread so have no idea if this has been mentioned or not yet or if it is even feasable. :) Just thought I would give it a mention.

Wow, I read the beginnings of this thread a week or so back, such a shame he is still eluding capture. :cry:

Just a random thought; perhaps last resort or something.. has anyone considered using a tranquiliser or something similar? Sorry, apart from the initial pages I have not read the whole thread so have no idea if this has been mentioned or not yet or if it is even feasable. :) Just thought I would give it a mention.

Please go back over the last approx 3 pages & you'll be brought up to speed pretty quickly. The info discussed will possibly answer any thoughts or questions you may have. :cry:

Hi KOE thanks for your suggestions, he is a sheppie alright so we know how smart he is. Can you please ring me 04375706 or email [email protected]

Plan B has been hatched and emailed to all concerned.

Plan C maybe the trap but it has been very hard acquiring one.

At the end of the day we want to get him so he does not end up shot dead.

This unfortunately maybe the end result if we are unable to catch him.

Hi BB

Give me a yell if you need any more helpers, I might be able to come

Lynda, you have done over and above for us already!! Sam wouldnt be where he is if it wasnt for you :)

Looks like Saturday at this stage, BB will get you in on the group email.

Edited by Chewbacca