Using A No-bark Collar.

Gayle.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad its working and not bothering Benson. He sounds like a very loving and sweet boy. Its been great reading this thread - barking is just a hell of a problem. I found it funny how 'chatty' he is LOL

He is a totally gorgeous boy with the very best temperament, but you wouldn't find his chat funny if your ear drums felt like they were gonna burst. He is LOUD but like a lot of herding breeds, his bark ends on a high, piercing topnote that is hard to describe but you'd know it if you heard it.

He has quickly learnt that he can bark softly at the door to be let outside without getting a zap, but once that collar goes on, he has to be quiet.

Funny story, in our previous house, we had floorboards right through the house so it was very "echo-ey". Benson slept in our bredroom most nights and one night he needed to go outside but no one would wake up. So he sat facing the corner of the room near the door and barked really loudly. It was so loud, the sound bounced back and frightened the life out of him, he dove under the bed and he's never barked loudly in the house again.

Further update.

On Friday's we do our grocery shopping after work and come home a bit later than usual. Tonight we got home about 6pm and the dogs were at the gate, very excited to see us.

We unpacked the car and started putting groceries away, the dogs took themselves around to the pergola to wait for their dinner. Now this is the time when Benson usually drives me crazy with his incessant barking.

As we were stacking groceries my husband said to me "Hey, look at this" and had Bensons anti-barking collar in his hand. I realised I'd forgotten to put it on this morning as I was in a bit of a rush to get out the door.

But Benson hadn't barked at all when we got home and not one peep out of him when he was waiting patiently for his dinner. I think the collar has taught him to be quiet.

He's worn it every day this week except for today. I will leave it off over the weekend and see how we go.

Glad its working and not bothering Benson. He sounds like a very loving and sweet boy. Its been great reading this thread - barking is just a hell of a problem. I found it funny how 'chatty' he is LOL

He is a totally gorgeous boy with the very best temperament, but you wouldn't find his chat funny if your ear drums felt like they were gonna burst. He is LOUD but like a lot of herding breeds, his bark ends on a high, piercing topnote that is hard to describe but you'd know it if you heard it.

He has quickly learnt that he can bark softly at the door to be let outside without getting a zap, but once that collar goes on, he has to be quiet.

Funny story, in our previous house, we had floorboards right through the house so it was very "echo-ey". Benson slept in our bredroom most nights and one night he needed to go outside but no one would wake up. So he sat facing the corner of the room near the door and barked really loudly. It was so loud, the sound bounced back and frightened the life out of him, he dove under the bed and he's never barked loudly in the house again.

Fantastic - that's amazing. We are having a wee problem with Ben barking right now - sometimes he's really good and other times he lets us have it! I've ordered a Citronella collar which we'll try - if it doesn't work we'll get one like you did.

JB

Yes, I know what you mean, thats how Clover used to bark. It is very annoying.

I am glad you seem to have the prob sorted though.

YAy Benson

• 4 weeks later...
He's toned his barking WAY down. Occasionally it ramps up again and out comes the collar for a day, but on the whole he's so much quieter. Unbelievable that it could be that easy really.

Great to know!!!! If I had shy outside when not home I would definitely go your route with the collar cos she's a shocker outside, good to see they seem to learn from it too!