Missing Sheltie - Roselands-riverwood - Found!

Katdogs

A Shetland Sheepdog has run off in a panic from the Karne Street park gate - please PM me if you see him. His collar has come off. He's been missing for eight hours now. Last seen heading through the playing fields towards Bonds Road. Might be Roselands, Riverwood, Punchbowl, Canterbury Road, Narwee, Beverley Hills. Vets and pounds have been notified.

Many thanks

Edited by Katdogs

I live close by so will keep an eye out. Hope you find him soon :laugh:

Thanks, I was just about to Bump this but you already have!

No word of Bailey being found yet. I've suggested his owners talk to PetSearch. I don't know the owners, but I do know the woman who was taking him to the park and she's devastated.

If anyone here knows 'the Dalmatian guy' who regularly goes to this park with a large pack of dogs, I'd like to hear his side of the story. I've only heard bad things so far.

Edited by Katdogs

Oh that's great Lee, I am glad they called you. Let me know if you need anything done locally, or at Fairford Road.

Thanks everyone else for spreading the word, too. I know that local knowledge about the pound system isn't fantastic, so the more eyes and ears looking out for a new adult Sheltie turning up, the better. I remember a story about a puppy being found because someone saw the neighbour playing with it.

Do the owners have a photo of Bailey that you can possibly post here? Depending on which rangers could be called, he could turn up at Fairford Rd, Renbury, or Carlton... DOLers get about to all of those places, so if they know what he looks like, they may be able to holler if he turns up at one of those places...

T.

I don't know the owners, but there is a photo on the Petsearch website and he looks just like a miniature Lassie dog to me!

Hopefully this is one breed that can't be mistaken, can it? I guess he could look very different after living rough for a couple of days, poor boy.

Hoping Poor Bailey is found safe and well.

When I had a sheltie go missing a few years ago we got a call to say that one had turned up at the pound. The OH went racing to the pound to find a Malt X something. I find it is better to ensure that in any description that you also use words such as mini lassie or mini collie ( as a breeder I hate describing them as that) but the general public have more of an idea of what a lassie dog or collie dog look like.

TB

My worst nightmare. Shelties are very difficult to catch once they get a fright, often they won't even come to their owners. The sheltie will be holed up somewhere close to houses but in a bit of bush. The first time you get a decent sighting I would get a trap out there, it is the best bet to catch him. Very remote chance that he will approach any strangers. Good luck

FOUND :banghead:

I don't know the whole story but he's been found in a factory not far from where he was last seen. Has been fed and locked up each night 'for safety' by someone who thought they'd call the RSPCA maybe tomorrow... but Bailey's with his owners now, and getting care for his bite wounds.

Yay Petsearch for great posters, and thanks DOLers for all the positive thoughts and good wishes!