Litters Due October 2010

experiencedfun

My first timer also was in a hurry to have hers. She also showed no signs of impending delivery (Just didn't eat tea)

She had 4 but we lost 2 because she delivered them without nesting, contractions, passing the plug ect. She was in the very capable hands of breeder with over 30 years experience and even she was stunned.

So we have 1 boy and 1 girl. Going well at this stage but the little fella's toenail looks to be partially ripped out so its a matter of cleaning with salty water and swab with Betadine to keep infection away. Mum is on antibiotics (fully story later) so he should get them from her.

The 2 we lost were a girl 144 gms and a litttle boy 80 gms.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My first timer also was in a hurry to have hers. She also showed no signs of impending delivery (Just didn't eat tea)

She had 4 but we lost 2 because she delivered them without nesting, contractions, passing the plug ect. She was in the very capable hands of breeder with over 30 years experience and even she was stunned.

So we have 1 boy and 1 girl. Going well at this stage but the little fella's toenail looks to be partially ripped out so its a matter of cleaning with salty water and swab with Betadine to keep infection away. Mum is on antibiotics (fully story later) so he should get them from her.

The 2 we lost were a girl 144 gms and a litttle boy 80 gms.

Sorry to hear you lost 2 little ones puglvr, hope the other 2 are doing well...

My Pap is a first time mum as well and while no real obvious signs of impending delivery i thought she was a little unsettled, had her checked on Thur, everything seemed in order and pups were still comfortable where they should be but 24 hours later the first pup was on its way....6 days on they are improving, they are still short of having a full covering of hair but are very precious.

Included is one of the first pics...

IMG_0595-1.jpg

We have one tri girl.

Unfortunately the first pup, a big tri girl, got well and truely stuck and didn't make it. :laugh:

The second pup also a girl got stuck as well but Sara was able to revive her after a huge effort. Both were breech and big pups.

The first time dam was unbelievable stoic throughoutl and is a born mother.

We have one tri girl.

Unfortunately the first pup, a big tri girl, got well and truely stuck and didn't make it. :thumbsup:

The second pup also a girl got stuck as well but Sara was able to revive her after a huge effort. Both were breech and big pups.

The first time dam was unbelievable stoic throughoutl and is a born mother.

So sorry to hear hilaryo... :thumbsup: I hope your other little one does well for you.

Got to bed at 3am this morning, 10 puppies bron, first pup at 1:30pm and finished at 11:55pm. The bitch was getting so tired towards the end of the whelping. One little yellow male didn't make the journey :thumbsup: RIP little man. So the final count was:

7 yellow females, 1 black female and 2 yellow males (only 1 live male)

Best wishes to all who have it in front of them :thumbsup: - I am so looking forward to an early night!

Congratulaions to those with pups already and sympathy for those pups that didn't make it. Looks like my girl is having a false pregnancy, I think next time I will look at an ai as she just did not want to be mated so didn't get a good tie. Was just holding out for a slip mating having taken.

Congratulaions to those with pups already and sympathy for those pups that didn't make it. Looks like my girl is having a false pregnancy, I think next time I will look at an ai as she just did not want to be mated so didn't get a good tie. Was just holding out for a slip mating having taken.

Don't give up hope yet Panxan, still a little way to go for your girl, she may yet surprise you....

So precious hilaryo. Do Beagle pups change as they grow? Will the pup end up more the coloring/markings of Cindy or stay darker? I am just curious as I don't recall ever seeing a dark beagle before.

Yes Panxan she'll change. She will just end up with a black saddle.

This is a link to a german beagle breeder/vet's website where the different hound colours are shown.

http://www.lemon-drops.de/hound_colours.htm

She also has our lemon girl Macey listed a one of her all time favourites in that section :confused:

Sorry about the false pregnancy with your girl Paxon :confused:

We have two males and two females, she had the first three and then required a caesarian to remove an exceptionally large puppy that was stuck at the start of the birth canal. There were two other puppies stillborn.