Youngster Mauled In Dog Attack

Kirty

My heart dog was a maremma/bordercollie mix that I bought home when the poor thing was only 5 1/2 weeks old. I was 17 and just didn't know any better. He protected me from a 3 year old once by leaping out from under my chair and biting her face. I was stressed out with all the kids (we were camped with 2 families who had 10 kids between them) and just wanted to be left alone and he picked up on that. Luckily it wasn't serious. He later took on a 4wd in the back paddock and that was the end of him.

I guess maremma's guard and border's bite sheep to move them on...???

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shock horror, what a surprise. NOT!!!

yet another bull something or rather being responsible for another attack.

It's the deed not the breed Blah Blah Blah, so sick of hearing it.

Sorry but the d!ckheads that own these sorts breeds have much to answer for.

Who cares what sort of bull it was, some breeds are just dangerous, start and end of story.

If you chose to breed a dangerous breed, you may be responsible for selling them to irresponsible d!ckheads.

lol @ poodiful1, im guessing you are drawing your conclusion from your extensive hands on experience with a variety of breeds... being one who deals with a very wide variety of breeds on a daily basis I can vouch that I would rather handle a bull breed than a poodle any day (no offence to poodles, its not their fault but the owners - unlike poodiful1 I am happy to recognise that there are NO bad dogs/breeds, just bad owners) ive got quite a few scars from nasty little poodles...

Some are just more dangerous than others. Do you think the press deliberately excludes attacks out of the news by what is regarded as non dangerous breed? I don't think so.

I have yet to see in the news Toy Poodle kills young child.

Why do suppose that is?

I'm sick of people defending dangerous breeds.

absolutely there is discrimination when it comes to reporting dog attacks based on breed, why dont you go and have a look at the nsw bite stats and compare it with the number of media reports on attacks and see how many of the smaller breed attacks (just as serious as the bull breed attacks) make the news, how do I know this? I asked the people involved (i.e. my local rangers, who I know well)... how about you look up how many deaths in australia have been contributed to bull breeds compared to non bull breeds? you might get a shock!

Dangerous breeds have the ability to inflict fatal injuries.There's no denying it. Constant news reports make that apparent

and you believe everything you read in the media???

Look at all the bullies ganging up on me, with their rhetoric or should I say bullsh!it, I'm sick of the bullies defending the bullies, but that's what bully owners are generally like and you are all not going to convince me or the general public that certain breeds are not more dangerous than others.

bullies? who is picking on who here? we are merely trying to explain to you that these dogs actually make wonderful family pets and were never bred for human aggression, ive been attacked by poodles but have nothing against them... like any breed, they make wonderful pets in the right hands, in the wrong ones is a different story, there is a local security company in my area who use a standard poodle for patrol work, this dog hits like a freight train and bites like an alligator, I feel sorry for any bull breed who tries to take her on! if someone came on this site and started saying that poodles are aggro horrible dogs you would be one of the first to step up and defend your breed (as anyone would defend their heart breed).... all we ask is for you to have a more open mind and perhaps try to expand your experience and maybe spend some time with a bull breed.... p.s. I am a multiple bull breed owner and have been told I am a very nice person (even been told im a softie) very far from a bully. Phew! rant over, fingers sore!!

ETA: cant spell!!

Edited by rubeedoo

I refuse to get into an argument with such small minded people as poodilfan, so i will simply post this link up & say read & learn....

http://www.dogstardaily.com/training/breedism

Oh & be sure to tell all the bull breed enthusiasts that they are all dickheads next time you attend an all breed show, i'd be interested to know their responses. :thumbsup:

Edited by steve11

I refuse to get into an argument with such small minded people as poodilfan, so i will simply post this link up & say read & learn....

Oh & be sure to tell all the bull breed enthusiasts that they are all dickheads next time you attend an all breed show, i'd be interested to know their responses. :thumbsup:

Do ya mean Poodiful1 or moi? :thumbsup:

Edited by poodlefan

Who's 'poodilfan'? Do you mean 'poodlefan' - who I don't think deserves the small-minded tag btw - or maybe 'poodiful1'??

Edited: "snap" pf

Edited by Diva

Do ya mean Poodiful1 or moi? :thumbsup:

Sorry my mistake, i meant poodiful or whatever he/she calls itself.

Who's 'poodilfan'? Do you mean 'poodlefan' - who I don't think deserves the small-minded tag btw - or maybe 'poodiful1'??

Or maybe Poodlifan is a new hybrid poster? :thumbsup:

Firstly I would like to say it is wonderful to see Jed back to help bring logic and a cool head into the Bull breed threads, always knowledgeable and a light in the darkness of ignorance :thumbsup:

People can and do stand up for Bull breeds not to cause arguments with the ill informed and ignorant but because all dogs deserve to be given the chance to be judged individually on their merits not lumped as a dangerous dog due to breed/size/socioeconomic bracket of their owner by the media and assorted dog haters :thumbsup:

Or maybe Poodlifan is a new hybrid poster? :)

Yes maybe, they like crossing their breed with all sorts of stuff dont they?...labradoodle,spoodle,cavoodle,stupidoodle etc... :)

Not nice when someone makes generalised statements about your chosen breed & its owners is it???? :):thumbsup:

Or maybe Poodlifan is a new hybrid poster? :eek:

Yes maybe, they like crossing their breed with all sorts of stuff dont they?...labradoodle,spoodle,cavoodle,stupidoodle etc... :)

Not nice when someone makes generalised statements about your chosen breed & its owners is it???? :D :thumbsup:

I sure hope you aren't blowing rasberries at poodlefan :) poodlefan has always been a supporter of Bull breeds and very anti bsl :)

:thumbsup::) :)

personal attacks now, typical bully bahaviour

What a surprise NOT!!!!

BTW, dog aggressive or people aggressive, doesn't make any difference to me. I'm just sick of people running to defend the dogs whenever there's a dog attack. That was my point in the first place.

BTW, my poodles have never bitten anyone,

Also, I never said that all bull breeders are dickheads, I said the dickheads that own these types of dogs.

The people that breed the dopgs have a responsbility to screen buyers properly and it's obviously not happening.

Yes maybe, they like crossing their breed with all sorts of stuff dont they?...labradoodle,spoodle,cavoodle,stupidoodle etc... :thumbsup:

Not nice when someone makes generalised statements about your chosen breed & its owners is it???? :):thumbsup:

Nah that's Deshonko. We've just come up with the 'must have' oodle for this year. Its a hypoallergenic bull breed :) I'm working on a blue one now. Text or email your orders and credit card numbers and I''ll guarantee delivery before Xmas.

Ta daaaa!!!

pitbullpoodle2.jpg

Edited by poodlefan

Yes maybe, they like crossing their breed with all sorts of stuff dont they?...labradoodle,spoodle,cavoodle,stupidoodle etc... :thumbsup:

Nah that's Deshonko. We've just come up with the 'must have' oodle for this year. Its a hypoallergenic bull breed :) I'm working on a blue one now. Text or email your orders and credit card numbers and I''ll guarantee delivery before Xmas.

Ta daaaa!!!

pitbullpoodle2.jpg

too cute, is that your dog?

Shock horror, what a surprise. NOT!!!

yet another bull something or rather being responsible for another attack.

It's the deed not the breed Blah Blah Blah, so sick of hearing it.

Sorry but the d!ckheads that own these sorts breeds have much to answer for.

Who cares what sort of bull it was, some breeds are just dangerous, start and end of story.

If you chose to breed a dangerous breed, you may be responsible for selling them to irresponsible d!ckheads.

Your comment from page 1.

Well its not rocket science to realise that you have not owned a Bullbreed.

Sadly I think you are missing out in one of the greatest pleasures in the dog world.

For if you had, you will understand what we are trying to put across.

Sadly I think you are missing out in one of the greatest pleasures in the dog world.

I have never owned a bull breed.

I will never own a bull breed. I can admire them but they are not for me.

Fighting BSL needs to be a lot more than bullbreed owners defending their right to own a dog. Its about ensuring community safety by eliminating breed stereotyping that simply isn't accurate.

We all think we own the best breeds in the world. We all need to unite to ensure that responsible dog owners aren't penalised in their breed choices by dickheads who shouldn't own a pet rock.

I have never owned a bull breed.

I will never own a bull breed. I can admire them but they are not for me.

Fighting BSL needs to be a lot more than bullbreed owners defending their right to own a dog. Its about ensuring community safety by eliminating breed stereotyping that simply isn't accurate.

We all think we own the best breeds in the world. We all need to unite to ensure that responsible dog owners aren't penalised in their breed choices by dickheads who shouldn't own a pet rock.

rephrasing to say

"what some of us are trying to put across" cause we do own Bullbreeds :thumbsup:

rephrasing to say

"what some of us are trying to put across" cause we do own Bullbreeds :)

Howie and I got Bullmastiffed at Ganmain show.

We've nearly dried out from the drool :thumbsup::)

an experience of a lifetime :thumbsup:

Its the norm around here.

I can send you some bottled drool

or a bm kissey kissey

WARNING

Next picture may offend some people.I make no apologies if it does

post-27080-1284541335_thumb.jpg

post-27080-1284541971_thumb.jpg

Edited by stonebridge