Do Dogs And Other Animals Have Souls?

Tapferhund

This topic probably has been done before (?) but after reading a comment in another topic that dogs don't have souls and rather than commenting in that topic I thought I would start another on the subject.

I personally very much believe , that like we human animals , dogs and other animals DO have souls!!! It annoys me so much to hear people say otherwise. How would they know? Have they been dead to prove otherwise?

The mere fact dogs live , give love and so much pleasure to their owners....tells me they have just as much a soul as we do.......and I am sure there are many Dolers like myself, who, after losing a beloved dog, have experienced affirmations of some kind that their beloved dog is with them in some way.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hmmm....

I'm really not sure about this one.

I don't believe in God or any kind of religion so therefore I don't believe in heaven and hell.

However I WANT to believe that dying isn't the end and that a part of us (our souls, I guess) move on to some other place or something like that anyway. And if we (humans) have souls that can move on to another place then I don't see why dogs and other animals wouldn't have them either.

Sorry if that doesn't make sense, it's hard to put into words. :eek:

I believe that animals have a soul.

I had the discussion with a priest friend of the family when I was 8yrs old as my teacher had said that my dog didn't have a soul... that priest (and several others I know personally) also believe that animals have a soul.

Thing is, like believing in or having faith in God... as much as noone can prove the existance of God or whether animals have a soul... noone can disprove it either. :thumbsup:

I believe dogs and all living animals have a soul. I think dogs and cats are more progressed than some other animal species. Thats my believe.

I would add dolphins and elephants as well.

And primates.

Yes and I think that there are many more that are just as progressed we just haven't experienced them.

I think dogs and cats are more progressed than some other animal species

I don't think cats are particularly 'more progressed' than other species. (actually, I think cats are primarily still very instinctive and haven't progressed that far at all from their 'wild' cousins).

Some apes/other primates, elephants, dolphins and pigs are all known to be highly intelligent and have certain forms of heightened awareness of self or learning etc.. that said.. i don't think that intelligence is a requirement to having a soul.

I believe that animals have a soul.

I had the discussion with a priest friend of the family when I was 8yrs old as my teacher had said that my dog didn't have a soul... that priest (and several others I know personally) also believe that animals have a soul.

Thing is, like believing in or having faith in God... as much as noone can prove the existance of God or whether animals have a soul... noone can disprove it either. :thumbsup:

Ohh I don't know Cordelia? I think there is enough documentation to prove the existance of God and souls in animals. Proof through miracles , unusual happenings as well as affirmations etc. that have happened around the world. There are some great books out there on the subject of animals and affirmations their owners have experienced after their pet has died.

I think dogs and cats are more progressed than some other animal species

I don't think cats are particularly 'more progressed' than other species. (actually, I think cats are primarily still very instinctive and haven't progressed that far at all from their 'wild' cousins).

Some apes/other primates, elephants, dolphins and pigs are all known to be highly intelligent and have certain forms of heightened awareness of self or learning etc.. that said.. i don't think that intelligence is a requirement to having a soul.

No I don't think that intelligence is a requirement to having a soul either. I believe all animals have a soul.

I agree... and I do have a strong faith and belief in God.. but there are a lot of people who don't believe in miracles either.

Yes.....sad lot aren't they ! What they fail to see is life itself , all animals and this beautiful planet are miracles.

Gosh........we're getting deep aren't we :thumbsup:

Seems we are! :thumbsup:

I believe that chicken have no soul either (because they are satans henchmen who blink from the wrong eye lids! *shudder*)

Cordelia - Don't take this wrong but the thing about the chicken really cracked me up. :) ;) :(

I haven't totally decided if i believe that reptiles and fish have souls though.... and I believe that chicken have no soul either (because they are satans henchmen who blink from the wrong eye lids! *shudder*)

;)

Well if what I read about chickens is true....'satans henchmen' were once T-Rex's ! :)

Edited by Tapferhund

I haven't totally decided if i believe that reptiles and fish have souls though.... and I believe that chicken have no soul either (because they are satans henchmen who blink from the wrong eye lids! *shudder*)

Nooo, dem chickens have soul! You need to meet my flock at home :)

And guys, haven't you heard of the movie "All Dogs Go To Heaven"?? ;)

I agree... and I do have a strong faith and belief in God.. but there are a lot of people who don't believe in miracles either.

Yes.....sad lot aren't they ! What they fail to see is life itself , all animals and this beautiful planet are miracles.

Gosh........we're getting deep aren't we :thumbsup:

I don't know if I would call the big bang a 'miracle' but to each their own :) I'm not sad by the way.

I'm one of those people who doesn't believe in souls in the religiony sort of way, but I do believe there is a part of all living creatures that is something 'special' I don't know how to explain it, I guess it would be the non-religious equivalent to a soul... good and evil.