Woman 'smashed Puppy Against Wall' In Western Australia

Clastic

This is becoming more and more common, some people really don't deserve to live, don't mean to be harsh, but in cases like these, eye for an eye. We don't need scum like this walking our streets

You do understand that the concept of 'an for an eye' puts you into the same catagory for violence and abhorrent behaviour as the people committing crimes against animals and other people., don't you? (and saying you don't mean to be harsh but they should be killed really doesn't make sense)..

As I said in another post, Cordelia, I think it is time we dropped the mantra of retribution puts us in the same category. The fact is that so many violent people understand only violence and for them to be met with kindness or leniency just means that those dispensing kindness and leniency are weak and to be disdained. Why do people who hurt people and animals smaller than themselves: because the see those who are smaller and weaker than themselves as easy prey.

I think it is about time, cruely to animals needs to be met with something harsher than, "Now you know it isn't nice to hurt the puppy. Go away and be a good girl."

Remember a few years ago, a young man was convicted (but didn't receive any punishment) for torturing a kitten who had scratched him? I saw on the television news footage of him walking out of the court: he was grinning grinning grinning grinning. I hope the judge or magistrate was made to watch that footage every day for the rest of his/her life.

As I said in another post, Cordelia, I think it is time we dropped the mantra of retribution puts us in the same category.

I think it's time people dropped the bla bla bla mantra of kill the person who is cruel to animals. It's boring and just plain primordial - and yeah it really does put you on the same level as animal abusers. I like to think we live in a civilised society until I see the same old claptrap on this forum. Grow up or move to somewhere like China where you can enjoy watching public executions.

As I said in another post, Cordelia, I think it is time we dropped the mantra of retribution puts us in the same category.

I think it's time people dropped the bla bla bla mantra of kill the person who is cruel to animals. It's boring and just plain primordial - and yeah it really does put you on the same level as animal abusers. I like to think we live in a civilised society until I see the same old claptrap on this forum. Grow up or move to somewhere like China where you can enjoy watching public executions.

Well said Raz...I mean who are they trying to convince anyway? Clearly someone who is inflicting pain of any other creature needs to be stopped and held accountable but those with a "blood lust" are in the same category IMO.

Just to add... I do understand the anger and frustration associated with these scum getting off scott free...time after time...it does make your blood boil...but it does not excuse a mob getting their pitchforks and torches and going nuts.

Edited by LizT

Just to add... I do understand the anger and frustration associated with these scum getting off scott free...time after time...it does make your blood boil...but it does not excuse a mob getting their pitchforks and torches and going nuts.

I totally agree, Liz. I know most people are just blowing off steam when they come out with that attitude but I just find it so damn uncivilised and really quite immature. It comes up on this forum constantly. Sure we all love animals and find animal cruelty totally abhorent but I mean really - it looks really bad when people wish death on another human.

I totally agree, Liz. I know most people are just blowing off steam when they come out with that attitude but I just find it so damn uncivilised and really quite immature. It comes up on this forum constantly. Sure we all love animals and find animal cruelty totally abhorent but I mean really - it looks really bad when people wish death on another human.

Hmmmm....it's the kind of attitude you expect to find if they had been affected personally..ie. done to someone they know. I personally couldn't say for sure how I'd behave or what I would threaten if someone say, hurt one of my kids for example. As you say, it looks bad, and leaves me feeling "very uncomfortable' about people in general. Hopefully it is mostly "letting off steam" but what some people will "say" out loud is scary.

Hmmmm....it's the kind of attitude you expect to find if they had been affected personally..ie. done to someone they know. I personally couldn't say for sure how I'd behave or what I would threaten if someone say, hurt one of my kids for example. As you say, it looks bad, and leaves me feeling "very uncomfortable' about people in general. Hopefully it is mostly "letting off steam" but what some people will "say" out loud is scary.

I dont know what I'd do either - that's one hypothetical I dont want to think about. I just dont think it's appropriate to put that kind of malicious energy out there but I do think it's just letting off steam (I still find that extremely disturbing that people have thoughts like that, especially when they crap on ad nauseum about buying cruelty free products then THINK cruelty upon a person. It just doesnt make sense, does it.

Scuse me while I scratch my head and ponder.

This is becoming more and more common, some people really don't deserve to live, don't mean to be harsh, but in cases like these, eye for an eye. We don't need scum like this walking our streets

You do understand that the concept of 'an for an eye' puts you into the same catagory for violence and abhorrent behaviour as the people committing crimes against animals and other people., don't you? (and saying you don't mean to be harsh but they should be killed really doesn't make sense)..

I've pointed it out on several occasions recently but apparently drowing a child for drowing puppies (just one example of many of those sort of posts) is just fine because.. some people are monsters or something and so that makes it okay. You can point out the hypocrisy until you're blue in the face but the only thing you achieve is accusations of being holier than thou or even siding with abusers.

Although I will add this.. I find it really odd that people would call for "eye for an eye" punishments for abusers of animals yet these same people don't seem to give a rat's arse about all the innocent people who suffer every day because of abuse. Go figure.

Although I will add this.. I find it really odd that people would call for "eye for an eye" punishments for abusers of animals yet these same people don't seem to give a rat's arse about all the innocent people who suffer every day because of abuse. Go figure.

Bloody amazing isnt it. Little children have their tongues ripped out by meat hooks and the most atrocious medical things happen to women but this one off animal cruelty is so much more important. Human nature blows my mind

Edited by raz

oh bla bla bla - one reason I come to this forum is to blow off steam, at the same time, I am so put off by members who attack other members because they say something they think is wrong. See above posts, you know who you are. This is not a debate about punishment but sharing our grief/sadness so get off your moral high horses.

Edited by zoepuppy

Sadly, I 've head of another case in which a vet has told the (new) owner that the injuries sustained in that dog (a rescue) could have only been in a situation where the dog was thrown agains at wall. The new owner was devasted, and a lot of work has been needed to rehabilitate that animal. How some people could do this - what must be in their heads? These are people who are not well, who really need help themselves. What does its say about how they grew up? Its all connected - children subjected to cruelty may end up perpetrating it themselves

So so sad. :laugh:

This kind of thing makes me sad moreso than angry - sad for the poor animal that is. I know they're gone, but shouldn't we be putting our energy and passion into something more productive.

Sure it's ever so tempting to try and bring these people down so they realise the extent of their actions - but will they really ever realise. People just don't seem to care anymore - it makes me wonder, if these beasts can do this to a puppy or animal what kind of regard do they have for human life and is it a pre-cursor to an escalation in violence against humans.

Sad, sad, sad. But I don't think retaliating with violence is the answer - an "eye for and eye" makes the whole world blind. These monsters should definately be named and shamed though and the penalties should be much higher and have more impact.