Staffy Rear Legs Undeveloped?

su888

Guys, took my 12 week old staffy to the park for a walk today - and had 2 - 3 people comment about the legs on my dog if he was ok?

He doesn't struggle when walking and is able to run, but his rear legs look weaker then the front and not as developed.

When we bought him from the breeder 3 weeks ago, we thought the same and she assured us that he would grow out of it and it was because he was still a puppy.

We didn't think about it again, until we took him to the park today.

Its hard to explain, the rear legs are a bit wide spread and the walk is a little clumsy.

Any thoughts, or recommendations on Vets in Melbourne that can accurately diagnose what it could be.

David

He's possibly over angulated in the rear and thus gangly and unco. It's not uncommon and certainly nothing to worry about if that is the case.

If the breeder has already pointed this out to you, then they are porbably being honest about the situation, in saying that the pup will grow out of it.

To be honest, it sounds like a vet trip would be a waste of money, have another chat to your breeder if you are concerned.

Remember too that a Stafford from behind is NOT supposed to look like a kid with a full nappy when it walks.

They are an "elegant blend of bull and terrier" and should have long, elastic muscles, not short bunchy ones.

Too many people think that a piggy, low to the ground, bulky Stafford is correct and nothing could be further from the truth!

Bit hard to see much (bad angle, dark footage, dark puppy). What I do see immediately is that he is throwing his right leg out a lot and appears to be quite sore in the rear end. But of course I might be wrong.

Are your floorboards slippery? That's not all that good for a developing puppy either.

yikes. Doesnt look normal!

Which area are you in? If you're western suburbs you can try Potter Chiropractic just behind Werribee Plaza, he fixed my dogue up. I dont know any good vets in Melb though that I would trust to properly diagnose teh problem you have.

not very good footage but his right leg looks bent from the little I could see. It seems very bowed out. Does he limp on it? If that was my dog I would be getting it investigated further. Good luck, I hope it's nothing at all or certainly nothing serious.