Husky Pups Stolen Ispwich

dogbesotted

Could someone tell the pups' breeder about the Huskies at PP Chermside? There is nothing to indicate a pup is stolen to a pet shop, and people steal them to buy drugs and DO sell them to pet shops, or at least make PP aware of stolen huskies?

http://www.qt.com.au/story/2010/09/27/thef...-angers-family/

keep your eyes open folks.. adverts etc..

H

I live very close to this "breeder" and all I can say is did it occur to anyone how these pups could be accessed in the middle of the night? These same people bred with the same dog and bitch in her last season :) They're not registered breeders (dare I say backyard breeders) who have just lost a lot of money :laugh: They're only microchipped because the law says they have to before you sell the pups.

Edited by gsdog2

geez none of that makes much difference to me. Someone pinching puppies from anywhere is horrible and makes us all more aware of the possible hazards of letting people come in and look at where the puppies live and where they are housed. Be fair about this if you were a thief what better way of casing the place.

Lucky they were looking for puppies I guess - might have been looking for little boys.

it took 3 months but my stolen microchipped pups were finally found and came home

my vet told me of one that was found 3 years after he was stolen soo chips are great

My puppies were taken at 4 weeks and I dont chip them until 6 weeks so mine never came home.

geez none of that makes much difference to me. Someone pinching puppies from anywhere is horrible and makes us all more aware of the possible hazards of letting people come in and look at where the puppies live and where they are housed. Be fair about this if you were a thief what better way of casing the place.

Lucky they were looking for puppies I guess - might have been looking for little boys.

No, I understand that Steve. Living so close to these people, and owning a number of dogs myself, of course it's not great to know that there are people stealing someone else's pups almost literally under my nose. I guess I just hate seeing these people looking so concerned in the paper when (call me cynical) to me these dogs are just a money making machine for them. They are not the most well-looked after dogs in the neighbourhood put it that way.

it took 3 months but my stolen microchipped pups were finally found and came home

my vet told me of one that was found 3 years after he was stolen soo chips are great

My puppies were taken at 4 weeks and I dont chip them until 6 weeks so mine never came home.

your not alone there sadly.

i lost the chocolate and tan full sister to my friends Zeus along with a cream boy, they were only 4 and 5 weeks old. even knew who took them as my neighour saw her leaving my place and had the number plate writtend down. but the police wouldnt do anything. all i got was "lady, we are searching for a missing child and your going on about two puppies? :) "

even found out her name and address but still couldnt get anything done, 4 years on she still had them but then moved so no idea where they are now, they would be 9 now, at least i know she kept them and they were seeminly well cared for, although i gather she was breeding from her and selling the pups, n no they werent microchipped.

No, I understand that Steve. Living so close to these people, and owning a number of dogs myself, of course it's not great to know that there are people stealing someone else's pups almost literally under my nose. I guess I just hate seeing these people looking so concerned in the paper when (call me cynical) to me these dogs are just a money making machine for them. They are not the most well-looked after dogs in the neighbourhood put it that way.

so the theives can say they were "rescuing them" can they?

the reason my two stolen chipped pups were not sold by the theives for 3 months was because they had picked up kennel cough from the vets when they went for their first vaccinatios, in the case of fire, she was so ill when she was stolen the vet thought her chances of survial without her medication was nil... so major upset there, bad enough you cant take puppies for their first shots without having to run the risk of them being infected at the surgery without then then being stolen on top of that. n to spare u deciding the vet must be a shonk.... considering a large percentage of dogs that go to a vet ARE there because they are sick, vaccinating pups is risky. their vet was karen hedburg n no ive never seen a vet with two waiting rooms. one for vaccinations and a sepearte one for the sickies? have u?

n when they were found and the theives arrested, what did they say to police?

shes the one should be arrested, they were so sick we had to keep them for months before we could sell them,,, she should be charged with cruelty!!!!!!!

like what the? they didnt know they were sick, they didnt pinch them to "save them" they would have been well in a few weeks instead of the months the poor things had to suffer before they were recovered enough to be sold on. the husband is a professional house breaker, they showed me. six pages of rap sheet! n 3 arrest warrants out for him :)

n no they didnt take either of them to a vet, they managed to survive without any of their medication, tough little girls.

sooo

like steve, you saying they are puppy farmers so being robbed is ok, aint on for me either

these types can be seen weekly crusing our streets, hubby spotted two suspicious looking ones went down our neighbours driveway and wrote down the number plate. rang the police and the number was fake.... even more interestig.. when attending campbelltown courthouse for the sentencing of our puppies theives, who did we see among the throng at the courthouse? the pair hubby had seen with the fake number plates.. soo they come a fair way to work each day. dont rob in their own backyard so to speak

Edited by asal

like steve, you saying they are puppy farmers so being robbed is ok, aint on for me either

No I'm not saying that at all, no-one has the right to steal someone else's pups. I would give them "more" sympathy if they were caring owners (forget whether they're registered breeders) who didn't breed with their bitch every season. That's why I say they're just a money making machine :)

Edited by gsdog2

the reason my two stolen chipped pups were not sold by the theives for 3 months was because they had picked up kennel cough from the vets when they went for their first vaccinatios, in the case of fire, she was so ill when she was stolen the vet thought her chances of survial without her medication was nil... so major upset there, bad enough you cant take puppies for their first shots without having to run the risk of them being infected at the surgery without then then being stolen on top of that. n to spare u deciding the vet must be a shonk.... considering a large percentage of dogs that go to a vet ARE there because they are sick, vaccinating pups is risky. their vet was karen hedburg n no ive never seen a vet with two waiting rooms. one for vaccinations and a sepearte one for the sickies? have u?

n when they were found and the theives arrested, what did they say to police?

shes the one should be arrested, they were so sick we had to keep them for months before we could sell them,,, she should be charged with cruelty!!!!!!!

like what the? they didnt know they were sick, they didnt pinch them to "save them" they would have been well in a few weeks instead of the months the poor things had to suffer before they were recovered enough to be sold on. the husband is a professional house breaker, they showed me. six pages of rap sheet! n 3 arrest warrants out for him :)

n no they didnt take either of them to a vet, they managed to survive without any of their medication, tough little girls.

sooo

these types can be seen weekly crusing our streets, hubby spotted two suspicious looking ones went down our neighbours driveway and wrote down the number plate. rang the police and the number was fake.... even more interestig.. when attending campbelltown courthouse for the sentencing of our puppies theives, who did we see among the throng at the courthouse? the pair hubby had seen with the fake number plates.. soo they come a fair way to work each day. dont rob in their own backyard so to speak

I'm so sorry this has happened to you as you're obviously a very caring breeder and I'm sure it's something you'll never get over. I guess all I can say is I'm looking at this from the point of view of a concerned person who see's these dogs being used as a money-making machine. I can't help thinking they're more upset at the loss of their money not their pups.

• 2 months later...

The "good news" is that two of the pups have now been located. Apparently the breeder approached a nearby vet just recently giving the details of the pups microchips. By sheer coincidence a pup was brought into the surgery soon after and when the vet scanned it's microchip it turned out to be one of the the lost pups :D . The vet realised he'd had a similar pup in his surgery only recently and contacted the pups owner - asking if they would bring it in. The vet scanned the second pup and discovered it was also one of the stolen pups.

What followed was a round table discussion with the pups new owners and the breeder. Apparently both pups were innocently purchased by the new owners, one for $600 and the other for $800 (without papers :D ). The breeder said if these people gave them $600 for each pup they could keep their pup and it would be up to the new owners to chase up the people they originally bought them from (the people who stole them ???) to get their money back. Not surprisingly the new owners paid the money.

What happens now I don't know but it's nice to know that at least two of the pups in a roundabout way have ended up in good homes. The vet also deserves the :thumbsup: for being so observant.

Edited by gsdog2

Good news for the pups but I'm surprised the "breeder" didn't want to know the identity(s) of the person(s) who originally sold off the pups so the information could be forwarded to the police. The outcome does make it seem as if the breeder is only interested in the loss of income, not the pup's welfare.

Good news for the pups but I'm surprised the "breeder" didn't want to know the identity(s) of the person(s) who originally sold off the pups so the information could be forwarded to the police. The outcome does make it seem as if the breeder is only interested in the loss of income, not the pup's welfare.

I AGREE that is soooo weird,,, i know how desperatly i wanted to know who stole mine?

n if you dont know who to watch for how do you know more wont go missing either?