1st Season

Basically yes,.

Though you do get colour changes and by the third week some are well on the way to being out of season.

Then we have the ones that stay in for 28 days or more.

I would be keeping her under lock and key if she were mine.

If you are not a registered breeder with your state controlling body I would be considering getting her de sexed in about 6 weeks time. :thumbsup:

Basically yes,.

Though you do get colour changes and by the third week some are well on the way to being out of season.

Then we have the ones that stay in for 28 days or more.

I would be keeping her under lock and key if she were mine.

If you are not a registered breeder with your state controlling body I would be considering getting her de sexed in about 6 weeks time. :thumbsup:

Thanks oakway! We have an agreement with her breeder to allow her to have one litter, and we are keeping her inside all the time (unless we are around to supervise).

Its just the blood thats getting to me! She does her best to keep herself clean, but its particularly bad in the morning - this morning she jumped up on our bed & now I have to go home to wash the doona cover - yuck!

Put a pair of undies on her (with a hole for the tail). That will help catch the drips.

I did this with my Dane, I also added a homebrand pad. It worked a treat, especially overnight.

Although, undies didn't quite fit her, so I gathered the excess above her back and held them together with a safety pin.........................she looked a treat :D

Thanks for your replies everyone!

Tired a pair of undies on her & she went mad - wouldn't leave them alone and was running around dragging her butt on the ground. So, after a good laugh & a couple of priceless photos, we took them off of her.

I've just been cleaning her (and the floors) with baby wipes - this should be ok, right?

She seems a lot more sensitive today around her vagina - she won't let me clean it like I have been doing. Is this normal?

Who knows :eek: ....each one is an individual.

I would put her pants back on and make her wear them.

They get used to them in time.

We often have a few problems when we first put them on.

Being a long coat she may be better off wearing the specially made ones.

depends how you are cleaning her. I would only lightly dab a piece of tissue paper. You can do 3 things: persist with the pants, throw extra bedding around the place or let nature be nature.

My girl sleeps on my bed with me, season or no season. The washing machine does get a bit of extra use at that time :eek:

Mine din't like that pants in the beginning either. We persisted.

Now Rommi wears them but does walk a little like she has a carrot up her bottom!

She doesn't wear them a lot. I prefer to make sure she has time out in the dog run so her bits can have fresh air.

Edited by Rommi n Lewis