Allie The Wolfhound X

eileeninfreo

Hi All

Update on Allie as promised.

When I first met Allie in her cage at the airport she was very welcoming, wagging her tail and licking me through the bars. When I asked her "Do you want to come home and live with us?", she wagged her whole body and madly licked and snuffled me, so I took that as a good sign.

My 13 year old Irish Terrier, Cullen, sulked under my bed for the first two days, but he's slowly coming around. His five year old cat, Loose, is pretty relaxed around Allie.

For the first few days, Allie's body language was very submissive, and ears back and down. Understandable with the changes she's been through, missing her Foster Mum, and stepping into other animal's territory.

She's starting to relax more now, getting cheeky and more playful.

She's an awesome dog. I'm amazed at how quickly she learns and picks up things. For example, she sticks to me like glue, so was trying to bring one of Cullen's old bones into the study. After three times explaining then telling her, she keeps old bones outside now!

She's a very special dog and I just love her!

Warm Regards

Eileen

post-36822-1286541415_thumb.jpg

As many others did, I followed the story of your gorgeous girl and her siblings. Looks like she has really landed on all four paws finding a wonderful home with you. ;)

I am sure Cazstaff and everyone else will be so happy to get such a wonderful update.

ETA.... Awwwww. Just had another look at the piccies. :D

Edited by corrie

As many others did, I followed the story of your gorgeous girl and her siblings. Looks like she has really landed on all four paws finding a wonderful home with you. ;)

I am sure Cazstaff and everyone else will be so happy to get such a wonderful update.

ETA.... Awwwww. Just had another look at the piccies. :D

Hey Thanks.

She will be most loved.

X

Hi All

When I first met Allie in her cage at the airport she was very welcoming, wagging her tail and licking me through the bars. When I asked her "Do you want to come home and live with us?", she wagged her whole body and madly licked and snuffled me, so I took that as a good sign.

My 13 year old Irish Terrier, Cullen, sulked under my bed for the first two days, but he's slowly coming around. His five year old cat, Loose, is pretty relaxed around Allie.

For the first few days, Allie's body language was very submissive, and ears back and down. Understandable with the changes she's been through, missing her Foster Mum, and stepping into other animal's territory.

She's an awesome dog. I'm amazed at how quickly she learns and picks up things. For example, she sticks to me like glue, so was trying to bring one of Cullen's old bones into the study. After three times explaining then telling her, she keeps old bones outside now!

Warm Regards

Eileen

P.S.

This photo is my favourite. It was taken on day three. Her ears are relaxed, she's relaxed, she's smiling and starting to get her 'cheeky' on. I'm so happy she's settling in.

Oh you are going to make a lot of people happy seeing these pics Eileen.

Allie looks so content and she is so lucky the perfect home was found for her :D I hope you have a long and happy life together .Do hope Cullen soon falls in love with Allie too.

Those Wagga dogs with a whisper of Wolfie in them usually seem to be special and bring so much joy.

Hi All

Warm Regards

Eileen

P.S.

This photo is my favourite. It was taken on day three. Her ears are relaxed, she's relaxed, she's smiling and starting to get her 'cheeky' on. I'm so happy she's settling in.

Oops - this photo...

post-36822-1286542888_thumb.jpg

Oh you are going to make a lot of people happy seeing these pics Eileen.

Allie looks so content and she is so lucky the perfect home was found for her :D I hope you have a long and happy life together .Do hope Cullen soon falls in love with Allie too.

Those Wagga dogs with a whisper of Wolfie in them usually seem to be special and bring so much joy.

Allie has been so good with his 'grumpy old man' routine, he's coming around already : >

OMG!!! How happy does sweet Allie look in the garden bench photo? Do you how hard we kept trying to get a photo like that to show what a happy and gentle souls she is?

You rock big time Eileen! Thank you so much for the update!

T.