Very Obliging Kookaburra

tdierikx

Yeah - my aunt's place has a nice view of Sydney's Middle Harbour. We can sit and watch the sailing races, or check out the nudists at the beach across the harbour... *grin*

They get quite a few nice birds there - I snapped a flying Cockatoo (but was facing the sun, so he's a bit dark), and saw a pair of some other sort of native largish birds being swooped by a tribe of Noisy Mynahs - and the Kookaburra of course...

T.

He wasn't making any noise in the last shot - I think he wanted me to feed him... he seemed very content with human company moving around and close to him.

He sat there for ages, turning and posing for me to take photos from a whole pile of angles. I ended up with 282 photos, of which I have so far deleted 95 in the first run through. I'll give it a few days and kick out a few more that may not be up to scratch... *grin*

In the photo with the two people in it, my Mum is the lady in the pink, and she was taking photos too on her phone. She will send them to me when she gets access to a computer to download them. She got an awesome shot of the cliffs on her phone from the old Quarantine Station at North Head - that one actually ranks up there in the "photos I wish I'd taken" category - on a mobile phone!! Note to self: must go to Quarantine Station at North Head with my 450D... hehe!

Oh - and none of the photos posted here have had anything done to them except resized down to upload to Photobucket...

T.