New Aircon Kennel

Simple

With less than a month before our new puppy will arrive our new Kennel is nearly completed. Excitement plus. now I just need some good suggestions on websites to buy new puppy/dog stuff from as unfortunatly alot of the old stuff went in my old girls hole with her as my daughter choice to.

Going to need new just about everything.

36053_111521518911086_100001597144730_86396_7119489_n.jpg

67769_111521535577751_100001597144730_86397_977965_n.jpg

66663_111521562244415_100001597144730_86398_6365171_n.jpg

Is this something you've seen before? I'm just wondering how a dog will go with the cool air and noise, I hope it doesn't bother him. You might want to put a doggy door on the front also, otherwise it will need to run almost continuously.

I've just been gluing styrofoam panels inside my old boy's kennel for the summer. My only concern is that my other dog will get a taste for tearing out the foam if she's ever in his run. I've also planted a lemon tree on the north side for shade, but it obviously doesn't get as hot here in Tassie.

My guess is that to a dog your kennel will be like a cross between a wind tunnel and a freezer. The dog will be far too close to the outlet inside.

My guess is you'll find the dog spends its time in front of the kennel enjoying the air that comes out the front door. :laugh:

Edited by poodlefan

ok first off summer here is 40-45 degree's sometimes more, yes there are a few of these kennels in town some rather large that can fit more dogs.

the dogs hardly venture out of them especially during the hottest part of the day, the ones that i know with these that is. (note I live in Port Hedland North WA if that helps)

Air con is set to the lowest setting some plastic fly streamers are placed on the door and there is enough pressure to keep it just right without blowing a gale out the front door. Air con running all day is not a problem as our house is fully air conned 24/7 because of climate.

Pup will actually be living inside for the first month or so as I'm paranoid someone is going to pinch him. Its for later when his a tad bigger as I'm looking at going back into the work force after 6 years off. I had my house and car broken into recently so laundry open is not an option. Once his bigger no one will come into my yard again.

Miss my Amme dog, it was designed for the both of them but she is no longer with us :laugh:

At the very least, I'd be adding a baffle some inches in front of the A/C outlet to move the air to the sides of the kennel.

If you've ever held your hand in front of a functioning A/C vent for more than a few seconds, you'll know how uncomfortable direct air flow from one can be.

ok first off summer here is 40-45 degree's sometimes more, yes there are a few of these kennels in town some rather large that can fit more dogs.

the dogs hardly venture out of them especially during the hottest part of the day, the ones that i know with these that is. (note I live in Port Hedland North WA if that helps)

Air con is set to the lowest setting some plastic fly streamers are placed on the door and there is enough pressure to keep it just right without blowing a gale out the front door. Air con running all day is not a problem as our house is fully air conned 24/7 because of climate.

Pup will actually be living inside for the first month or so as I'm paranoid someone is going to pinch him. Its for later when his a tad bigger as I'm looking at going back into the work force after 6 years off. I had my house and car broken into recently so laundry open is not an option. Once his bigger no one will come into my yard again.

Miss my Amme dog, it was designed for the both of them but she is no longer with us :laugh:

Port Hedland! 40-45 would be a cooler summer day wouldn't it? :laugh: I spent Christmas there a few years ago, and still remember the way the heat sucks the breath right out of you!

ETA: Was actually South Hedland but close enough :p

Edited by ravenau1

ravenau1 I use to live in south but recenlty move into port. Its a few degree cooler here. but still when I go back to work I want to make sure his got his own house to be cosey in.

I recently had to have my dog put to sleep while I was away. My house mate was freaking out she was hospitalised due to heat stroke/stress. Even though she was put to sleep for medical tumor related issue. I will always panic about heat stress in this area.

and with this being a proven local product Im glad to support them.

if he doesnt like the kennel becuase of the noise thats simple I turn the air con off. So far every house hold I have seen with this kennel or similar here in town are not worried by it at all. One kennel is very flash set up windows split rooms as the older dogs were fighting over the 1 large room. Mine is not finished yet the AC is a spare from out at the stables (no the horses do not have air con lol)

Im actually a little dishearten by some comments but thats what I get for posting on a public forum thats fine I'll take that. I know I have got this made with all the love and well being of my dog in mind due to isolation and climate.

Oh someone asked what breed my pup is. His a bull terrier, I had him on order long before the sad passing of my girl. Worst case it becomes a very fancy kennel with an aircon that may or may not get used. I dont mind spending the money on my next loved family member. Was going to post photos once his seattled in and lapping up his air con with paddle pool near by. 5 star resorts I think.

Please do not think that for a minute we are being negative to the care you take for your animals. Most of us do not live in your climate therefore we are not aware of the challenges your climate provides. This is a novelty to many of us, and if our exuberance offends you then we are sorry. Our primary care is for the animals, however this is achieved. All best wishes for you and new puppy.. :laugh: