Tilt Shift And Lens Baby

Bellatrix

i have a lensbaby composer with a double glass optic (the optic that came with it). i love the lens, but don't use it a lot as i'm quite amateur and as i have a nikon, the lensbaby can only be used on manual.

i have posted a few pics in the 50mm thread, as the lensbaby's are around 50mm (just over i think) but will see if i can post some of my better ones again here for you.

i have asked for some more optics for it for xmas, and am also wanting to buy the scout which has just come out.

i decided on the composer over muse and control freak, as control freak seemed too methodical to use and too much time to set up the shot, but i have little hands so the muse would of been hard to squeeze and hold the lens while having to focus manually etc so i went with the composer and haven't regretted it :thumbsup:

just waiting on iphoto to finish uploading my last canon photo 5 pic and then i'll stick some of flickr

ok, a sample of ok shots i've managed to take are here but keep in mind i'm not very good and you're better off looking elsewhere if you wana see good shots. some of those pics are exposed wrong coz i had never used manual til i got that lens, and about half those pics were taken in the first month of owning, the other half i took last month.

thanks. i've still got a lot to learn, and should use the lens more as it forces me to not use auto. manual scares me though lol

i can't remember how i came across the lensbaby lenses. but when i saw pics, i fell in love with it's capabilities and can't wait til i get better :thumbsup:

there is a lensbaby group on redbubble. it's invite only, but i just messaged the group owner and he joined me up. and the forums on the lensbaby.com website are good too :D lots of knowledgeable people on there

Most of the shots done with a LB make my head spin.... :(

Oh thank god, I feel the same :rofl:

TS is very popular right now. Some do it well (like Jonas Peterson), some do it not so well (and those ones make me dizzy).

Carebear love the one of everyone swimming the pool

i've only just started using flickr n have no idea how it works really

That was me :bolt:

With flickr you can add your photos to groups, so for the lensbaby shots you could join some lensbaby groups and add them for example.

I must say ive taken more so to the tilt shift effect. Ah why must they be so expensive *sigh*

Tell me about it. I have a friend who does arcitecture photography so has to have one for that to straighten out the lines, but apart from that I don't know of anyone who has one

Carebear love the one of everyone swimming the pool

i've only just started using flickr n have no idea how it works really

That was me :(

With flickr you can add your photos to groups, so for the lensbaby shots you could join some lensbaby groups and add them for example.

thanks ;) will have to look into it more!

i just bought their new lens, the scout, and the optics kit.

dad said that they're getting me the accessory kit for xmas :thumbsup: