Herding Talk Thread

Wait until you see the photos we got today! The Facebook link should make it onto the Yahoo group in next 24hrs. Congrats for today. I'm on such high :)

HIC and a HT pass for the little blue fuzz girl.

I was talking to Sue (the judge) later and she said your girl worked beautifully :thumbsup: I didn't see her runs :(

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A little brag from me today - Cole got his HIT from advanced A so now only needs 1 more first place to get his herding championship.

Congrats! Hope the last 1st place comes quickly, I don't think I could stand the nerves!

Someone told me they thought Cole had all the requirements for his herding championship so I have checked.

Cole will now be known as HCh Cole.

I really should pay more attention to his places :laugh:

We have access to 2 properties and 2 lots of stock. 1 lot get used for training more than the other because their owner does some private lessons.

in perth we have a few choices of stock, all owned by the same person.. but varieties of breeds of sheep and after a season of training on this lot of sheep we have they are fair from course trained.. they are almost as wild as the day we started on them.. its a great challenge to have sheep that dont know the course..

we have 2 courses and hopefully a third on the way.. all a massive variety of size..

We have access to 2 properties and 2 lots of stock. 1 lot get used for training more than the other because their owner does some private lessons.

Just need someone south of the city who will do lessons with ducks!

I need to win lotto....

We currently have 2 comp grounds. One of the grounds is the sheep's 'home' ground. I wouldn't say the sheep learn the course though. Not that we do trial run throughs much anymore. I haven't seen the obstacles set up for ages. My dog appears to have learnt the course though :laugh:

Just need someone south of the city who will do lessons with ducks!

I need to win lotto....

ducks are so much more fun and challenging than sheep... sooty and I have our first run on them next weekend

• 2 weeks later...

we had a very full weekend in perth this weekend..

31 runs in total, 2 judges, Jane from SA and myself

7 dogs trailling and 12 trials runs across both the pm and am shows

most dogs gaining first passes in trial runs.. a couple of dogs gaining titles..

14 test runs with numberous dogs gaining test passes.

and 5 duck runs

by 6pm I was exhausted and in trouble for being late home

Torrential rain in Sydney :( I bet no herding this weekend.

Here is some footage of last weekend at Erskine Park. My youngster was hypo after having 2 days crate rest beforehand. Serious selective deafness :)

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=AU#/watch?v=dJw0pVut7IY

And this is her older half sister that I'm going to show and train towards as much as I can before motherhood calls. Lovely girl who is really nice to work with. I only see her once a week so it's a hurdle with everything being so new.

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=AU#/watch?v=z4hgM-T4hbs

Does anyone have video of their dogs on cattle or ducks?