Help Please

my_sibe_owns_me

You'll have to seperate him its the only way. And may have to start on AB's if his sheath is bad. I had a litter earlier in the year OMFG ive never seen so much pizzle sucking before, had to seperate all the boys, even from each other.

We seperated the whelping box (its a big one) with planks of wood so it ended up having 6 little compartments. You could put something in the middle of your whelping box and have the girls in one side and the boy on the other. We have heat lamps that heat the whole box so keeping them warm was no issue. What heating do you have? Or you could have him in a large box with hot water bottles and blankets or something?? Also once i seperated them i gave them a teddy each to snuggle with :scared:

Sorry to long ago now.

But I do remember it was the widest gauze I could find and just rapped it around several times and tired it.

I like the sock idea as it would work the same.

By the way I just cut the gauze off and used another length.

Hmmm... as they are ithout a mum- and are 3 weeks..I would be popping in a section or two of lambshank or large beef bone, with a little meat on it ! They may need more sucking action than they are getting...this way they will suck on chunks/slivers of meat attached to the bone...also they will mouth/suck the bone! Very much welcomed activity for developing jaws/skulls,and for little brains :scared:

Hmmm... as they are ithout a mum- and are 3 weeks..I would be popping in a section or two of lambshank or large beef bone, with a little meat on it ! They may need more sucking action than they are getting...this way they will suck on chunks/slivers of meat attached to the bone...also they will mouth/suck the bone! Very much welcomed activity for developing jaws/skulls,and for little brains :laugh:

What an excellent idea. :)

Hmmm... as they are ithout a mum- and are 3 weeks..I would be popping in a section or two of lambshank or large beef bone, with a little meat on it ! They may need more sucking action than they are getting...this way they will suck on chunks/slivers of meat attached to the bone...also they will mouth/suck the bone! Very much welcomed activity for developing jaws/skulls,and for little brains :o

What an excellent idea. :)

:laugh: I 2nd that one :eek:

If you still need to separate them using a plank of wood lenghwise in the box, get two 'L' shape corner fixtures from the hardware shop and screw in each end to secure it safely.

fifi

All my puppies were suckers, the boys and girls! I had seperate tubs for them all, a heat lamp over one end and hung a sheet over the other end of the box to keep the warmth in. I think at about 4 weeks or so when they were going for it with the food properly and their eyes were open and they were getting around well they stopped sucking and could go back in together....all 11 of them!

p.s. for your one boy though i like the idea of wrapping him up

Edited by HANNAH

Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

I tried to wrapt him....the girls would just chew at it and pull it off! Naughty! I would pull them away and they would keep at it. So now he is apart from them and NOT happy about. He screamed almost all night and then the girls where looking for him and crying back :)