My Dog Is Acting So Weird And Stressed

vnv

Willow is acting so weird, she is panting, occasionally whines, is restless, only ate 1/4 of dinner (a turkey leg bone she usually can't get enough of), she was jumping on me a lot, and then she was standing with her nose pressed into the wall not moving for a while. Now she is in her crate with the door open, pressing her tounge between the bars.

What's going on? I am really starting to get freaked out.

VET. NOW.

she could have all sorts of nasties happening internally.

Please at least PHONE a vet....

it could be very serious..like bloat or something else life threatening.

2nd that - VET NOW, don't wait.

fifi

Sorry my parents called me out of the blue saying they want to get a dog from the pound...

Calling the vet now..

Ok I called the vet, spoke to the vet nurse, described what was happening, she suggested the "wait and see" approach over the next few hours. I called the 24 hour vet so I can get her there in 10-15 minutes if I need to. She wags her tail and is alert when I pat her and give her attention, and when I stop and ignore her she jumps on me a bit and if I keep ignoring her then she starts whinging etc. If she is still acting funny in a few hours I'll take her in, hopefully she will settle down and go to sleep when I do though.

The vet nurse asked me if anything has happened that could have stressed her out and I have to admit she did get roused on a lot yesterday for being naughty (digging) :D I just got angry at her because she dug the hole ages ago and I used positive training to deter her, put her poop in the hole etc and she stopped digging for MONTHS, then I finally got around to filling the rest of the hole up and she dug it again. I yelled at her and I know I shouldn't have. She does get really sooky, and she hates yelling even when not directed at her.

Edited by vnv

Good to hear your girl is fine.

The symptoms you described are often indicitive of Bloat/GDV or other immediatley life threatening conditions, that's why we were so keen for you to get in touch with the vet.

Keep an eye on her though, and if she isn't 100% herself, a checkup would be a good idea.

fifi

Good to hear your girl is fine.

The symptoms you described are often indicitive of Bloat/GDV or other immediatley life threatening conditions, that's why we were so keen for you to get in touch with the vet.

Keep an eye on her though, and if she isn't 100% herself, a checkup would be a good idea.

fifi

Thanks - I might take her for a check up at my normal vet - I'll give them a call today.

Waiting for her to do a poop so I can look at it and make sure it's normal lol. For the love of dogs, right? :laugh:

My boy just recently had a blockage with gas build up behind it and some of those symptoms were similar.

I don't think it sounds like stress from getting a telling off.

I'd be taking her to the vets today just for them to give her the once over even if she seems fine.

Edited by sas