Showing For Dummies

parrotpea

I haven't got my pup yet - but would like to show with her. I have found out that there is a show on nearby next Monday(Lancefield) that I can go to and have a look at, but I am a bit confused :rofl:

I've read the first 5 pages of the showing FAQ.

* How do I find out what breeds are in each class? (I am interested in seeing the staffies) This is the page from the gazette on the Vic Womens Dog club website http://sites.google.com/site/vicwomens/sch...vic-dog-gazette but staffies are not listed there.

*How would I enter a show? I couldn't find any entry forms on the Vic Womens Dog club site.

* And, any DOL'ers going that I could meet up with and bombard with questions *smiles sweetly* ;)

You will find Staffies in group 2, classes are in age groups. You can either use paper entry forms which you can get from shows or you can download entry forms from VCA website or you can enter online (if the show has it on offer)

Mr. S. Faisk (Sweden) 2b Balance of Breeds and Group 2 Specials

this judge is doing the staffies so if you make your way to the ring where this judges is doing his thing you should see some staffs

You will find Staffies in group 2, classes are in age groups. You can either use paper entry forms which you can get from shows or you can download entry forms from VCA website or you can enter online (if the show has it on offer)

Mr. S. Faisk (Sweden) 2b Balance of Breeds and Group 2 Specials

this judge is doing the staffies so if you make your way to the ring where this judges is doing his thing you should see some staffs

Thank you! :rofl:

Are staffies always in Group 2 or does it depend on the show?

The entries for Vic womens show are closed( if the reason you were looking for an entry form on their site was to enter). Show entries usually close about 4 weeks before the actual show, except for Royals and they close alot earlier.

Does the breeder of your pup know you want show? If not it is best you tell them because not all puppies are suitable to be shown, I would hate for you to get your pup and find it is on limited register and cant be shown or have a fault that disqualifies it from the ring.

Good luck with your pup and the showing!

Also, when you get there on the day, even if you are just spectating, you could go to the Secretary's Office and see if they have any catalogues for sale. This will give you the names, ages, breeding etc of every dog that is entered in the show as well as the classes in which they are entered. If you want to sit at ringside and watch the judging of a particular breed, especially one which usually has a high numerical entry such as the Staffords, this can be very useful.

All dogs will enter the ring in numerical order so if you have a catalogue you can see which dog is which and this can be very helpful in identifying particular people as well.

The entries for Vic womens show are closed( if the reason you were looking for an entry form on their site was to enter). Show entries usually close about 4 weeks before the actual show, except for Royals and they close alot earlier.

Does the breeder of your pup know you want show? If not it is best you tell them because not all puppies are suitable to be shown, I would hate for you to get your pup and find it is on limited register and cant be shown or have a fault that disqualifies it from the ring.

Good luck with your pup and the showing!

I wasn't going to enter - just thinking ahead :) I have told the breeder that I want to show, and she does a lot of showing herself - unfortunately she is in Qld so can't give much hands on help. Thanks for the advice :cheer:

I'll be there with my hoarde of Schipps (Group 7) if you want to say hi.

BB

Hi BB. Are they Schipperkes? How would I recognise you? I know what schipperkes look like I think - how many do you have?

Thanks very much for the tips Keshwar and Ellz - very helpful :(

Edited by parrotpea

Sounds good Kanati - will look for the whippets ;)

there will be a million whippets :clap: but only 2 greys, one brindle male and one red bitch. And Fern and I will be travelling between Sway's gazebo(blue Great Dane) and Kanati's, depending on who has the best offers :)

Sounds good Kanati - will look for the whippets :wave:

there will be a million whippets :clap: but only 2 greys, one brindle male and one red bitch. And Fern and I will be traveling between Sway's gazebo(blue Great Dane) and Kanati's, depending on who has the best offers ;)

True.....about the whippets! It will be heaps easier for you to find the greyhounds :D

And Fern and I will be traveling between Sway's gazebo(blue Great Dane) and Kanati's, depending on who has the best offers ;) ...alright you! I'll only save YOU a little spot and give FERN heaps of room! :):)

Hi BB. Are they Schipperkes? How would I recognise you? I know what schipperkes look like I think - how many do you have?

Thanks very much for the tips Keshwar and Ellz - very helpful :laugh:

Yes I meant Schipperkes. I will have 5 with me. If you hear some sone telling off a dog called LAYLA for barking thats me. :cheer:

Check out the dog breed profiles and you'll find my guys. Hapipet knls.

I will be under a gazebo with a white roof, not too mnay of those around.

BB

Blergh. My other half has to work on Monday now so I don't have anyone to look after the kidlets for me. Miss1 would be ok to come, but Mr3 is just too much of a dog and dog agility props lover to bring along - he had great fun on the dog agility run at the Lancefield show :(

Are you all going to Sunbury as well? The other half is keen to come along to sunbury so will have an extra pair of hands for child management....