Car Barriers To Keep Dogs In Back

spottychick

Okay

Since getting Dylan it's become clear that my tried and true (for 4 years) method of using a luggage net as a barrier between the back of the station wagon and the back seats is now a bust. Little devil hops back and forth through it at will - and doesnt care if he gets tangled up in it (which he rarely does). As if that wasn't bad enough yesterday Tango hopped through it as well for the first time and sat with Dylan on the back seat. Poor Miss Pepper the Perfect was left in the back all by herself looking suitably outraged.

So.... more money to spend on the spotty ones.

I need a better barrier. So I looked at these two and wondered if anyone has them and can give advice. Or suggest another site to get them from.

Keep in mind I am rapidly going broke buying stuff for these guys and I'd like to keep some $ to fix the holes in the bathroom floor soon!!!

First one

Second one

To be honest, I think for a rambunctious youngster like Dylan, one of the one-size-fits-most barriers will be next to useless.

My parents had one in their Camry and it didn't survive a determined Labrador. He pushed it out of the way and STILL ended up sitting on the spare lap in the front seat.

Why not put a metal crate in the back of the wagon?

Too expensive SwaY and not enough room for three of them and I couldn't really have just one. If that makes sense.

They're all well behaved when they're in the back. Its just Mr Wriggley decides he'd rather ride up front and that's that.

I have to say, he behaves very well tho, just sits on the back seat for the rest of the journey.

To be honest, I think for a rambunctious youngster like Dylan, one of the one-size-fits-most barriers will be next to useless.

My parents had one in their Camry and it didn't survive a determined Labrador. He pushed it out of the way and STILL ended up sitting on the spare lap in the front seat.

Oh.... well that's disappointing...... :thumbsup:

hmmmm just having a look at cargo barriers. They seem to require drilling holes in the car. Not real keen on that idea....

Wagons come with holes for cargo barriers, just like baby seat anchor points.

If you have not had one in the car before it maybe hard to locate the points as often they are hidden under the carpet and roof lining.

Too expensive SwaY and not enough room for three of them and I couldn't really have just one. If that makes sense.

Crates start from $50, cheaper in the long run vs those cargo barrier links you posted.

If he is the only one that is the problem, yep i would crate him.

Crates start from $50, cheaper in the long run vs those cargo barrier links you posted.

If he is the only one that is the problem, yep i would crate him.

Really!! $50!! Cool!

Where can I get one for a dalmatian for that price? I have been looking and the local shops sell them for around $200. They are slightly cheaper online but they charge a fortune to send them to Tasmania so it works out even more expensive or similar.