A Scare On My Walk The Other Morning

On Friday morning me and Shyla set off for a lovely walk in the sun, I had my bumbag on with drink bottle sticking out, tracksuit pants and basically got just out of bed. We walk down the street and around the bend still on my street and I hear a car pulling up behind me, I turn around and there is a very distinct car (in color and make) that comes up beside me and as I keep walking, the guy in the car keeps crawling next to me, I look in the car and his windows are right down and he's staring RIGHT At me (I had sunglasses on) just staring me dead straight in the eyes, he looked so evil or rapisty or ugh I dont know. I note the VERY EASY TO REMEMBER numberplate and keep on walking.

So I keep walking, I am a bit put off, and he drives on up ahead and goes around the roundabout and comes back past again (on the far side of the road) staring at me. I then cross the road to the other side of the roundabout and he does a U turn in the street he was near and comes back down past me on my side of the road AGAIN and stopped and was staring RIGHT at me leaning over across the passenger side. WHAT THE HELL. I quickly turned away and got my phone out and he kept on going slowly down the road. I quickly ran to the other side of the road where a milkbar is and waited near the milkbar door with Shyla waiting to see if he came out, but he didnt. I then kept on my walk trying to feel fine but my hands were physically shaking.

I got home and phoned the local police and the lady was very interested in my report, she took down all details and said I may get a call later if he is connected to anything else or if something happens in the future. I felt shaky and had that constant fear feeling inside for about 5 hours after the accident! Only when I got stuck into some things at work did I sorta forget about it a bit and feel a bit more grounded.

Overall it was the most scariest thing in a looong time. I had Shyla with me, maybe that put him off coming out and.... who knows?? I wonder if she would have protected me had he approached. She has never shown aggression so I felt very scared cos I don't EXPECT her to protect me. But I am so glad I had her with me and wasn't walking alone (easy target).

SO now I am too scared to walk without another human being, which means for now before work instead of walking her I will have to play fetch with her in the backyard/run around with her in the yard (which tuckers her out HEAPS anyway) for a good 40 minutes, then walk her with hubby in the evening.

I hate that a stranger can totally change your lifestyle just like that. Me and Shy loved our daily walks before I went to work, now she will have to wait til the evenings :laugh:

/end long story

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek.

you poor thing.

how terrifying. This person didn't get to see where you live did they?

I'm glad you are ok.

I think it would put me off walking alone for some time too.

I'm glad you and your dog are ok though.

Take care out there,.

No I was over a dozen houses away from my house so he shouldn't know where I live! The other creepy thing is that 2 hours later I Drove around with my mum and we saw his car again on the same road and he overtook another car and went flying down the street, I wonder if he was scouring the area for a victim still!!!

Just curious where u saw my location? As far as I know I only have VIC up as my location :laugh:

How terrible for you.

I wonder if this person has lost a dog that looks like yours, seems really strange to keep looking and turning around, especially since you can identify him to police by the number plates.

It's not fair that you are scared now to go on walks by yourself.

Oh you poor thing that is horrible.....

If he had intentions of doing something horrible it's strange he allowed you to see him and his very identifiable car so very clearly.

I hope nothing more comes of it and perhaps you should find a friend to take on your walk with you so you can still have it.

OMG - i feel so sorry for you, how frightening, how dare someone take away your sense of security, it is so unfair that someone has done that, for him to take away your confidence and you sense of security is soooo wrong :laugh: ;) :o

maybe look in to some self defence lessons, and in the mean time carry a can deodorant or hairspray to spray into his eyes, any thing that will sting his eyes, or carry a cricket bat or baseball bat to protect yourself,

i know it is hard but try not to let him scare you into not going for a walk, could you maybe put the dog in the car and go to a different area to go for walks, this will help to build up your confidence to go out again.

by the way in your profile bit on the side of your post it has location - funkytown, state - VIC,

Funkytown sounds like a very scary place to live.

Yes, yes it is :grouphug::confused:

But on a serious note the suburb I live in is usually really safe, like I love living here cos nothing big usually ever happens! I walk the streets every single day and have NEVER seen this car (you can't miss it, it's my favorite model of car and BRIGHT YELLOW) so we are pretty sure the guy isn't a local. I thought of maybe sticking to the park near my house and just doing laps and jogging with her in there cos cars can't see into it, and there are like 5 exits nearby with houses, if I feel the need for a quick exit

Either way she will still get a 45 minute daily walk, just in the evening after work instead :) The half an hour fetch/jogging around the yard this morning tuckered her out enough for her to come in and promptly curl up on her couch as I left for work :D

I am sorry that such a scary thing happened to you. He sounds like a major creep and I am not surprised that you now don't feel safe out walking on your own.

I had a frightening experience early one morning whilst out walking my boy. I got this gut feeling that I was being followed only to turn around and see two blokes running down the hill after me! (I had seen them up on the road a few moments beforehand but didn't realise that they would be an issue as they were walking in the opposite direction to me.)The only choice I had was to walk on into the park in the dark, or turn and walk towards them and the road. Thankfully they backed off once I turned around and started to walk towards them with Kody.

Unfortunately after that incident I do not feel safe walking through that park unless it is daylight now. Which is a shame as it was a really great walk for Kody and I. We have since found somewhere else to walk, however I do not enjoy the early morning walks like I used to, as it is still dark and I find I am on edge.

I hope that you and Shyla are able to shake this incident off and begin to enjoy your walks again.

Oh geez that's scarey! Might be best not to walk at the same time everyday. Mix it up when and where you go. At least you were able to give a description and number plate to the police.

I dooo always walk at different times though! On Monday it's often at late afternoon, Tuesdays is really early morning, Wednesdays mid morning or later afternoon, Thurs and Fri mid morning and the weekend I don't walk hubby does lol

So yeah it's never same time, the time I saw him I barely walk at, so it was random but very unfun :grouphug:

yeah could be fun ... I have no problems going up to his car window and asking wtf he wants and if he doesnt leave the police will be on the scene for stalking

eta he may have thought you were someone else he was looking for

Edited by Nekhbet

When he first pulled up next to me it was from behind, so the only view he had of me was from behind (and no I wasn't in attractive clothing) it's very strange :grouphug:

Eta if I start walking alone again I am seriously going to wear one of Arons huge man tshirts and put my hair under a hat so I appear to be A MAN

Edited by all that glitters

Maybe he thought with his fancy car and licence plate bling he could "pick up" and was hoping you were interested and (he was) too stupid/stoned to get the message (from you).

I am wondering what would have happened if you made the cashew nut sign with your pinky for "tiny dick" eg the bigger the car (engine) the smaller the cashew nut.

I've done that to guys that were acting predatory - and they left in a hurry.

edit for clarification

Edited by Mrs Rusty Bucket

Doesn't sound good at all, thank goodness you are okay even if shaken up.

It is a good idea to also carry a pena nd notepad when out and about just incase you need to jot somehting down.

I am sorry you no longer feel safe, that is an awful thing to do to a person you have the right to go for a walk and feel safe.