Comon Things People Dont Realise About Your Breed

MonElite

Lab's are not born trained, yes that's right you do have to put some effort in yourself

And no, it's not impossible to keep the Samoyed clean and I dont bath them every week.

Samoyeds

They are not hard to keep clean or groom. They don't need to be brushed everyday and they don't need to be washed every week, they are teflon coated, the dirt shakes out, even after they have been playing in muddy flooded paddocks all day. They don't need to be shaved, everrrrrrr ;) Even when it is 45 degrees they are still jumping around the ring in full coat while their pathetic owner has taken refuge somewhere and is possibly suffering from heat stress ;) :laugh:

Sibes

They are not part wolf and they are not going to attack too. In fact if you broke into my house whilst I was out they would probably help you load up the van then they would come with you. They are not loyal at all everyone is their new best friend. They can be trained even to shock horror recall :):) it just takes perseverance ;) but don't ever expect to do a trial with them because they will choose this exact moment to stick their fingers up at you and run the other way :rofl::)

yep i get these. all the time. WOW he must be such hard work and you must have hair everywhere.

um NOPE bush every 2/3 weeks (only cause i love him looking good) bath well whats that? ill take him to the beach he looks awsome after a swim all white again.

oh my fav i bet he stains easily LOL he sure does cant you see the stains LOL

Oh and the hair you must have hair everywhere. um NOPE he malts less then my rotti did. after he passed away i had rotti hair for months out the back. apart from when i groom him or his bed no hair anywhere.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That Bullmastiffs are NOT about to rip you apart. They are not boxers or classed as a dangerous dog and they are wonderful with kids.

Dogue de Bordeaux:

Same with our Dogue de Bordeaux! They have got to be one of the most gentle dogs I have ever known. I have had babies climb all over our girl and she doesn't mind a bit. Yet people are terrified of her.

I have had people scream when she walks past, though they don't mind a bit when the neighbours Golden Retreiver runs at them full pelt. This always intrigues me, because if you want a dog to freak out and attack, wouldn't moving quickly and screaming do just that lol

They do drool though...people are spot on there.

Cocker Spaniels:

Are NOT dumb dogs. Many people warned us against getting our cocker, but she is the smartest little thing I know. She sings on demand, plays dead, rolls over, bows weaves through your legs and knows words such as bunny and pussy cat, mouse, bird - and she didn't even need any formal training to learn all that, she just picked it up...sometimes only a few tries and she will have picked up a new trick. Not dumb at all.

Thank you!!!! EVERYONE tells me that cockers are stupid. I had one lady tell me that my cocker was actually a spoodle cause her ears were curly. Um no! She had just been bathed and we were walking so that she could dry off in the sun and then I would brush her!

1. No I didn't wash my JS this morning nor do I only keep him inside. He just stays nice and clean and dirt falls off because he has a "teflon coat".

2. And no, I also don't spend hours every day brushing him.

3. He is not a mini Samoyed.

:)

My black pug is a purebred. Yes they do 'come in black'. No she's not a frenchie, and yes she's fit, not fat, and no not all pugs are fat. And pugs aren't terriors: they're just bred for companionship. Plain and simple: they don't really know what a 'prey' drive is. (anything you eat is 'prey'). AND they're not stupid. They are easily trainable.

• 3 weeks later...

What a great thread!

We have a 5 month old black mask Dogue de Bordeaux puppy and here's ours:

. No, he's not a Bullmastiff or a short wrinkly Boxer.

. Yes, his head is supposed to be that big.

. No, we do not need a huge yard. 90% of the time he's either eating, sleeping or "resting".

. No, he doesn't slobber as much as Hooch in the movie Turner & Hooch. That's egg whites and not slobber that you see.

. No, he will NOT eat us out of the house. It's surprising how little Tonka eats.

. No, he's not stupid, he's ignoring you because you're annoying.

:eek:

That Bullmastiffs are NOT about to rip you apart. They are not boxers or classed as a dangerous dog and they are wonderful with kids.

Dogue de Bordeaux:

Same with our Dogue de Bordeaux! They have got to be one of the most gentle dogs I have ever known. I have had babies climb all over our girl and she doesn't mind a bit. Yet people are terrified of her.

I have had people scream when she walks past, though they don't mind a bit when the neighbours Golden Retreiver runs at them full pelt. This always intrigues me, because if you want a dog to freak out and attack, wouldn't moving quickly and screaming do just that lol

They do drool though...people are spot on there.

Cocker Spaniels:

Are NOT dumb dogs. Many people warned us against getting our cocker, but she is the smartest little thing I know. She sings on demand, plays dead, rolls over, bows weaves through your legs and knows words such as bunny and pussy cat, mouse, bird - and she didn't even need any formal training to learn all that, she just picked it up...sometimes only a few tries and she will have picked up a new trick. Not dumb at all.

I have a Cocker Spaniel and she is definitely on the dim side :eek: However I think Penny is in the minority.

A common one, and something I'm sure Dane and Wolfhound and all girant breed owners are all too familiar with as well...

No, my kids can't put a saddle on and ride the dog.

And no, they don't cost a fortune to feed... :eek:

Oh yeah :thumbsup:

Though when they point at my dane and say that's a horse not a dog, I usually reply, "No she is defiately a cow!"

I remembered something I forgot!

Min Pins:

No, she is NOT a Chihuahua! :thumbsup: She's leggy and has a nice normal shaped head, not short legs and an apple skull! (No offense to Chi owners, she's mistaken for one on a daily basis even when I have her out with my friend's actual Chihuahua!)

My mutt (staffy/norfolk cross):

No, he is not that friendly just because he looks cute!

Yes, his hair is kept very short because it mats and dreadlocks easily.

No, he does NOT like to have his fluffy tail pulled! Grrr maybe I should shave that too!

Yes, he does snore like a freight train. :eek: