*sigh*

Tapferhund

At this rate , with all these dog attacks lately, it won't be long before dogs are banned completely. :)

Watch the Nine News tonight. There was another dog attack ..somewhere in Melton today. Three large dogs (Ridgebacks??) supposedly attacked some guy on a train station before taking off. The guy wasn't injured very badly but the Police chased the dogs (helicopter involved) and shot one of the dogs. The other two have not been found as yet.

Now I am not supporting dogs who attack...but REALLY :rofl: ...talk about over reaction !

They're dogs for gosh sakes......they're not hardened escaped criminals or rapists ......but with all the carry on by cops and media...you would think they were. If the police were as on the ball in giving chase to human criminals as they are to three poor bloody dogs........we would all be better off.

:D ridiculous !

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At this rate , with all these dog attacks lately, it won't be long before dogs are banned completely. :)

Watch the Nine News tonight. There was another dog attack ..somewhere in Melton today. Three large dogs (Ridgebacks??) supposedly attacked some guy on a train station before taking off. The guy wasn't injured very badly but the Police chased the dogs (helicopter involved) and shot one of the dogs. The other two have not been found as yet.

Now I am not supporting dogs who attack...but REALLY :rofl: ...talk about over reaction !

They're dogs for gosh sakes......they're not hardened escaped criminals or rapists ......but with all the carry on by cops and media...you would think they were. If the police were as on the ball in giving chase to human criminals as they are to three poor bloody dogs........we would all be better off.

:D ridiculous !

Maybe these dogs have attacked before. Or maybe it was a serious attack. It might not make all State news broadcasts.

Edited by poodlefan

According to the news it wasn't that serious an attack but the guy did get a bad scare (as you would)........but its just the whole carry on over sensationalism over loose dogs or dog bites etc that I get fed up with PF. The way people and the media carry on ......you would think the dogs were deliberately rampaging the streets of Melbourne planning their attacks and escape routes and that the public were in GRAVE danger .

Sorry...but if it weren't so serious it would be laughable. :rofl: The seriousness is that it reflects on ALL dogs and ALL we dog owners and in some way down the track.....we will suffer for it in further legislation AGAINST dogs. :D

According to the news it wasn't that serious an attack but the guy did get a bad scare (as you would)........but its just the whole carry on over sensationalism over loose dogs or dog bites etc that I get fed up with PF. The way people and the media carry on ......you would think the dogs were deliberately rampaging the streets of Melbourne planning their attacks and escape routes and that the public were in GRAVE danger .

Sorry...but if it weren't so serious it would be laughable. :rofl: The seriousness is that it reflects on ALL dogs and ALL we dog owners and in some way down the track.....we will suffer for it in further legislation AGAINST dogs. :)

Maybe they were worrried because its after school hours. Kids would fare less well than an adult if targetted.

Or maybe its just a slow day crime wise. :D

Well just saw the news and the young guy bitten did have a few nasty bites on his legs. The dogs looked like PB's X Ridgebacks.

I did feel for the dogs though....running terrified from police and others. The police even tried to run down one of the dogs which is bloody cruel imo. The mongrel could have injured the dog and if it had got away could have suffered terribly or died in agony somewhere. Just awful.

My understanding ...ONE dog did the attacking and the others didn't and yet they were hunted and chased too to the point of being terrified. The police went to the owners house and shot two dogs and took two puppies away. The owner was that typical yobbo type that seems to always have tough bull breed type dogs. IMO he should have been the one to get shot...not his poor dogs. It is not their fault they were owned by a 'd*ckhead.

Anyway the whole situation is very sad with once again the poor dogs suffering the consequences.

Well just saw the news and the young guy bitten did have a few nasty bites on his legs. The dogs looked like PB's X Ridgebacks.

I did feel for the dogs though....running terrified from police and others. The police even tried to run down one of the dogs which is bloody cruel imo. The mongrel could have injured the dog and if it had got away could have suffered terribly or died in agony somewhere. Just awful.

My understanding ...ONE dog did the attacking and the others didn't and yet they were hunted and chased too to the point of being terrified. The police went to the owners house and shot two dogs and took two puppies away. The owner was that typical yobbo type that seems to always have tough bull breed type dogs. IMO he should have been the one to get shot...not his poor dogs. It is not their fault they were owned by a 'd*ckhead.

Anyway the whole situation is very sad with once again the poor dogs suffering the consequences.

The dogs suffer because they ARE owned by a dick head so lets hope they do their job and do something about the dick head instead of making all of our dogs and allof us pay.

How were the police expected to know which one of the three to target? :rofl:

Steve said it all, don't blame the police for doing their jobs. Blame the knob of an owner.

Edited by poodlefan

The owner might be a knob.......but its still no excuse to run down dogs.. terrify them..or to shoot them either. Even the damned ranger who got one on 'the pole' ...picked the dog up and chucked it , like it was a piece of dirt, into his van.

If the dogs hadn't done anything and had been treated that way........everyone would be yelling cruelty and get the rspca.

The dogs have the right to be treated humanely .......regardless of what they have done.

The owner might be a knob.......but its still no excuse to run down dogs.. terrify them..or to shoot them either. Even the damned ranger who got one on 'the pole' ...picked the dog up and chucked it , like it was a piece of dirt, into his van.

If the dogs hadn't done anything and had been treated that way........everyone would be yelling cruelty and get the rspca.

The dogs have the right to be treated humanely .......regardless of what they have done.

I agree. I haven't seen the footage so can't comment.

I agree but on the other hand, if it was my child that had been attacked (or any child) I would want them tracked down and pts before they can attack again. The public is over dog attacks and people not containing their dogs properly. If these dogs killed someone, would you not want them tracked down?? I agree the owner should be held responsible and I hope he is fined heavily and banned from owning dogs again.

From the footage I've seen (below) I'd hardly call it chucking the dog like a piece of dirt.

Sure, there are nicer ways to pick up a dog, but as if the ranger is going to bear hug a strange dog, that may have just been involved in attacking someone.

I know I sure wouldn't.

At this rate , with all these dog attacks lately, it won't be long before dogs are banned completely. :rofl:

Now I am not supporting dogs who attack...but REALLY :confused: ...talk about over reaction !

:cheer: ridiculous !

Yeah,I didn't see that article on the news but it does sound like ' Overkill ' ( pardon the punt ) to me. Not that I condone dog attacks but in my opinion instead of all the ' drama' chasing & even worse killing one of those poor animals, how about tracking down & punishing the real culprits, THE OWNERS of these poor lost souls, :rofl:

I wish I hadn't watched the footage :cheer: Very poorly handled by police and rangers, a little bit of calmness and compassion and it would have been contained far quicker and more humanely. Why were the pups taken as they looked to be in a pen :rofl:

The owner of these dogs is the villain not the dogs themselves, why is he walking free whilest his dogs are paying with their lives :confused:

Tapferhund, I didn't see any PitBull in these dogs so please dont make judgements such as that and also not all Bull breed owners are bogans and bad owners dont buy into the media hype with such generalisations :rofl:

WTF ? This whole thing is ridiculous, where does one start.

And Australians make fun of Americans. I think it should be the other way around :love:

I don't believe it is ridiculous. Yes, the dogs needed to be stopped - caught - whatever. However, the system is lacking when it comes to penalising the owner. Perhaps if fines were huge, and even goal sentences imposed, maybe irresponsible people would think twice about how their dogs are confined.

Regardless of breed or temperament, EVERY dog needs to have a safe and secure living environment, particularly when the owners are not home.