Snoods

shells

Snoods are great protection to stop seeds going down ear canals. They are easy to make - a cylinder of fabric (rectangle folded and one side sewn together) with elastic threaded through both ends. Not too tight, not too loose just measure elastic around dog's head and neck first. You can even use big old socks with the foot cut out for smaller dogs, or the sleeves of long t-shirts.

If its a long eared breed ,Yes snoods would help .

have pmed u :eek:

Sure will help!

Doesn't have to be a long eared breed though. Regardless of the length of ear, the snood still covers right over the whole area, be it a JRT ear or an Afghan ear. :laugh:

I cant see a JRT tolerating a snood to protect its ears lol...well...mine wouldnt anyway lol

Great photos Ellz

Just be aware that it could get hot and sweaty in those ears due to the snoods .

I did worry about that but I thought breathable cotton for 30 mins every second day may not be too bad - just enough to have a game of ball (they really miss it)

You could even cut the leg out of a pair of pantyhose and make a tube to see if it will work initially....before you go to the expense of buying or making snoods.

From a snood user, cotton and cotton blend fabrics are easier to care for and tend to breathe better to allow air to get into the ears.