Whats The Best Thing Your Dog Does?

jazawayaya

When we are sitting outside and Banjo is around we say 'where’s your toy Banj' and he goes off and finds some form of toy. If he brings back a bad one like a sock or skin animal (toy without the fluff) then we say 'where’s your other toy Banj' and he will drop his last find and go off to look for a better toy. He also knows how to find his 'pink toy'- his wubber :-P

All of this in a yard trashed with toys and fluff and socks and skins haha :o

The best thing Luda does is go all floppy whenever I try to move her :( especially at night when I try and move her down the end of the bed....She makes it just impossible by going all floppy haha

So what is the best thing your dog does?

Guest choice_brandy

Chilli puts her toys away, sometimes without being told. With three dogs here at the moment we have a pretty good range of toys out for the dogs when nobody is home, but often I'll come home from work and find they've all been put back into the toybox (along with the odd tv remote and stray sock) Last night we came home to a palm leaf (about 3 meters long) with just one end sitting in the toy box, and the rest trailing through the lounge/dining room :o

Erik pokes things. He particularly targets tall, unstable things that nearly fall over when he pokes them. This fascinates me. He pokes, then leaps backwards in case he poked too hard and the thing is about to fall on his head (does happen from time to time). Why does he poke them when he seems to think they might fall on his head? Fascinating.

Kivi does the floppy thing as well. Every evening when I say it's bedtime, Kivi loses leg functionality. He flails on the ground and makes like a sack of potatoes until I give him a big cuddle, then he regains the use of his legs and gets up to come to bed. I give him his cuddle, because he's gorgeous. :)

The other funny thing he does is grab Erik's tail when he's chasing Erik. He can be very gentle about it, but every now and then he grabs the tail and then puts the breaks on and pulls Erik over by it. Erik doesn't like it much, but given Erik frequently uses Kivi as his personal punching bag, I think Kivi is entitled to annoy his little brother every now and then. What really annoys Erik, though, is when Kivi grabs his harness instead of his tail. Kivi has just about perfected the harness grab-and-flip. Poor Erik doesn't stand much of a chance.

Akira is funniest when it's bedtime. She's normally outside where it's nice and cool and she rolls over onto her back for belly rubs. Then we tell her its bedtime and walk over to her kennel, and she follows us and heads to bed, giving us a kiss goodnight. It's very cute.

On the way home on a walk, Gus starts pulling like a train on his leash in the last 100 metres or so. It's been annoying me - and we live on a VERY quiet cul de sac - so one day I dropped the lead. He immediately picked it up and trotted home with it in his mouth, and he does this real high-stepping gait when he does it, looks hilarious.

Plus I can't walk him past a wall or he carries on hysterically until I let him get UP on the wall so he can walk along it while I walk along the ground. :)

Guest choice_brandy
Erik pokes things. He particularly targets tall, unstable things that nearly fall over when he pokes them. This fascinates me. He pokes, then leaps backwards in case he poked too hard and the thing is about to fall on his head (does happen from time to time). Why does he poke them when he seems to think they might fall on his head? Fascinating.

:) Chilli pokes things too... and people. I have never tried targeting with her really... maybe that could be next on the agenda

Ava kicks her legs when she's happy. When she's lying on the floor and you walk into the room, her back legs go KICK KICK. It's sooooo cute.

Satch tries to squeak things with his nose. He doesn't squeak squeaky toys with his mouth -- he uses his nose. Every new toy he tests to see if it squeaks. He also tries to squeak random things with his nose; once he tried to squeak OH's bottom :):rofl:

My young staffy girl Stussy is a toy lover. If I am having a bad day and am lying down with the doona pulled over my head hoping the world will just leave me alone she will jump on the bed with her fave toy of the moment and drop it onto my chest. It's so beautiful that she senses I need cheering up.

My sister's husky cross Wolf has a terrible habit with poor Stussy. They start playing and Wolf grabs Stussy's inner back leg and flips her to the ground. If any of you have been to a rodeo it is the trick jackaroos use with poddy calfs to bring them down. Then when Stussy is down Wolf just looks around like "What? I aint done nothin!"

And my oldest staffy Ricky has always had a thing for licking ears - inside and out, dogs and cats, she can go for half an hour on each ear easy. Why you would want to clean out someone else's ear is beyond me. She makes their ears so wet they can hardly stand up under the weight of all her spit. We all avoid her kisses afterwards!

When we tap on the bed Nahla does this snake move to reach us! Its sooo cute! She goes head first then her whole body goes all curvy and snake like till she reaches us! Ted will always sit at your head and rest his head on your shoulder. Doesnt matter who is on the couch he just likes to be perched up there and have his own head rest! Cute as buttons my 2! I also love how they clean each others ears every morning! Nahla does Teddy's then Ted returns the favour! They always have very clean ears, my vet thinks its fantastic!

Kuma has a thing for licking my OH's ears, face and nibbling on his beard. I won't let him lick my face, unless I ask for a kiss.

He's also started showing his toys to us. If we are in different rooms (i.e. I'm watching telly and he's on the computer) Kuma will grab his toys and run in and show my OH, then plonk them at my feet. One by one until he's comfortable that he's shared enough.

But my absolutely all time favourite would be the Akita Lean. If we stand still for too long, he's leaning against us... :):rofl:

I love these stories! Dogs are so funny with their little quirks.

Saxon does lots of funny little things. My favourite is his dinner time routine. When I say "dinner" he jumps up and heads off to the kitchen, looking back to make sure I'm coming, then he goes and looks for Charlie (the cat) in all the spots where Charlie sits until he finds him, then he jumps around and licks Charlie until Charlie follows him back to the kitchen. It's like he's so excited about dinner that he has to share it with his friend - "Charlie, Charlie, guess what, it's dinner time, we get dinner, hooray!!"

He also knows several of his toys by name and if you say "Where's Tigey?" or "Where's Kong?" he'll go searching around looking in all the spots he knows until he finds it.

He's a tail-grabber too, he chases his little friend Laila (Pug x) and grabs her tail in his mouth then catches a ride behind her :rolleyes:

Alice Grins on command, high fives on her back legs and is learning how to jump a skipping rope.

Millie picks clothes up and puts them in the washing basket and drags it to the machine. She dances and plays bang bang.

When Alice is happy; she kicks out her back legs similair to a chicken looking for food.

When it' bed time, Millie has to try and get IN my pillow case before going to her part of the bed.

If dinner is ready I make the girls sit, Alice sits and drags her whole self closer to her food.. She's still sitting.

Millie is a poker and a prodder. If there's something she's interested in, it gets a nose poke, if not a full hand swipe of a prod.

Edited by Parkeyre

I quite often have a nap during the day. Tip (Jack Russell) snuggles under the blankets next to me. At almost exactly one hour later Kira (Border Collie) slips quietly into the bedroom and stares intently at me, tapping her tail on the cupboard. (Dog breath is such a nice way to wake up) If I tel her "5 more minutes" she goes away and returns 5 minutes later.

Di

The best thing Luda does is go all floppy whenever I try to move her ;) especially at night when I try and move her down the end of the bed....She makes it just impossible by going all floppy haha

James does this, but I'd probably classify it as one of his worst habits. He's only allowed on oone couch so all the cushions are stored on the other. Occasionally when he's being a cheeky bugger he'll jump up onto the other couch. When I go to push him off or pick him up he flops over, completely limp. If it wasn't so incredibly annoying it would be adorable.

One of the cutest things he does is sit like a person on the couch. He sits on his bum with his front legs up in the air so his belly can be rubbed whilst he stays upright :D

The best thing he does though...is lie quietly next to me some afternoons while we share a piece of fruit. One bite for me. One piece for James (obviously, he's not actually biting the fruit). It's very sweet ;)

Pepper treats her blanket a bit like a pacifier... we just shove it in her mouth and she sits there calmly and chews it. ;) In the morning, we let her out of the crate and she goes out to the loo, then comes back inside, grabs a blankie from the crate and jumps on the bed with it before she snuggles in for cuddles. And sometimes she'll run up to the bedroom, grab a blankie and come and present it to us wherever we are in the house. She's always so excited about blankie! Very cute. Daggy, but cute. (Don't tell the other GSPs :D )

The best thing Annie does is something she's started all by herself. She puts my kids to bed! When it's bed time, I'm tucking the kids in and she rounds up the stragglers very gently with nose pushing (I have 4 skin kids). She then settles herself to sleep on the end of one of the beds, and won't leave the room until they're asleep. Only then does she join my OH and myself in the loungeroom.

The best thing Annie does is something she's started all by herself. She puts my kids to bed! When it's bed time, I'm tucking the kids in and she rounds up the stragglers very gently with nose pushing (I have 4 skin kids). She then settles herself to sleep on the end of one of the beds, and won't leave the room until they're asleep. Only then does she join my OH and myself in the loungeroom.

That is so cute!

I was reminded of something funny that Akira does with Dentasticks this afternoon. They're her FAVOURITE so she gets made to sit and do a trick for them and she's so excited she's wiggling all over the place normally. Once she's finally done what we've asked, we give her the stick and she races all over the backyard with it, drops it a few times, jumps over it, pounces on it, picks it up, etc and when she's done she finally settles down to eat it.

I managed to catch the tail end of it tonight though unfortunately missed the start. Sorry it's bad quality, it's from my phone: