Whats The Best Thing Your Dog Does?

jazawayaya

Pepper treats her blanket a bit like a pacifier... we just shove it in her mouth and she sits there calmly and chews it. :o In the morning, we let her out of the crate and she goes out to the loo, then comes back inside, grabs a blankie from the crate and jumps on the bed with it before she snuggles in for cuddles. And sometimes she'll run up to the bedroom, grab a blankie and come and present it to us wherever we are in the house. She's always so excited about blankie! Very cute. Daggy, but cute. (Don't tell the other GSPs :hug: )

That is so adorable.

One of my faviourte things that deakin does is his back seat driving. After we go through the deicding round about that we either go left at to go to the park or right at to go to training he decides he knows where we are going. The closer we get or if we are approaching a turn he starts sticking his head between the drivers seat or behind the passangers seat yowling if we go past the turn. But the funniest thing to see is if we drive past one of the big important places he gets so vocal, not barking but talking and he turns around on the seat and complains untill its out of sight.

The best thing Stanley Watson does is sleep :hug:

Awww, dogs are great, aren't they?

Henschke does so many, but one of my favouites is when he's lying on the couch and looks across at me (I'm in the single chair) with his head resting on the arm, it's so adorable. Another is when he comes up and puts his head on your lap all the while looking up at you with his beautiful eyes. I'm a sucker for that one!

Jindi will snuggle into the smallest spots just to be near me. She is such a cuddler which is so lovely.

At night both dogs are told to wait at the bottom of the stairs while I walk up the top and then when ready (extend and shorten the time to keep them on their toes) I tell them 'OK' and they both race up the stairs (Jindi almost flying) and Henschke runs straight to his bed beside our bed and goes into an immediate drop and Jindi runs to her crate and waits until I give them their treats.

Also, when we get home and both dogs have toys, they do the waggle bum thing with little grumble noises, so adorable.

Marie snuffles you - she doesn't lick but she does that scent-hound snuffle that ends up feeling kind of like a lick as she smells you. I love it and Ellie-Mae does the same thing.

Marie also does this fabulous pirohuette (sp?) when she really likes you - she jumps up next to you and spins around. She and I go for a walk at lunch-time and for the first 5 minutes she will be really into the walk and then its like she suddenly realises that it is just her and I and she does it right next to me with the most joyful look on her face. Makes me feel VERY loved :hug:

One of my faviourte things that deakin does is his back seat driving. After we go through the deicding round about that we either go left at to go to the park or right at to go to training he decides he knows where we are going. The closer we get or if we are approaching a turn he starts sticking his head between the drivers seat or behind the passangers seat yowling if we go past the turn. But the funniest thing to see is if we drive past one of the big important places he gets so vocal, not barking but talking and he turns around on the seat and complains untill its out of sight.

:hug: A past DOL'er has an ACD who would hump their other dog in the car. People would drive past them giving them strange looks while the dog was going at it in the back seat :o

Phoebe used to grin at OH while twirling around in circles. When I would mention 'treat', she and Madison would line up at the cupboard that holds their food and sit patiently until they got a treat. Phoebe kissed me on the cheek when I asked. When she was little I used to pretend to hold something in my hand and be very very interested in it. She would be curious and come over to see what it was every time.

Madison 'talks' to us in a funny grunts and whinges and whines. She has differant sounds for differant things that she wants. Sasha the puppy will give a low woof when she wants to go outside and she is learning when she hers a squeek from the kitchen (food cupboard door squeeks) something good is coming her way..LOL. She also does this tumble and run thing when running around the backyard like a mad puppy. It just looks like she gets bored with running around and decides to throw in a full roll before running some more. She also does a wolf howl when she wants something, just throws her head back and lets loose and will keep doing it until she gets what she wants. Only problem is i have to figure what 'it' is.

Edited by Liath

Brett sits on his bum ( picture a brown bear ) with his paws on the roof of his crate, tolley and trailer berth and proceeds to send my rather emotional Whippet into a melt down :hug: We find it hilarious, Sessy finds it so traumatic that Brett had to move house :o

Sway Sway speaks and also likes to carry things in her mouth, the entire 5k's we walk each night. She bring things she collects home and puts them in her crate.

Pinky's way of expressing affection to those she really likes, is to bite them. She's really only attached to me, so I'm the one who cops it from her. She enjoys standing and walking behind me, pretending to sniff me and then pinches me on the back of the knee.

Sessy does mad arse zoomies, on the lounge, the bed or anywhere that she can turn a circle.

Macy doesn't really have a claim to fame or a party trick, she's a bit "spethal"

Lottie has lots of little quirks :(

One is - if she's bored, or wants my attention, or is playing she'll roll on her back and 'grumble' and 'talk' to herself!!!

A little snap of her doing just that tonight...

Lot-1.jpg

Also, if she's doing something she's not suppose to - like I was resting today and she was out with the other dogs, but my flatmate left the door open - I see her pop her head around my door and she shimmyied her way in :o:o The bum wiggling was so intense she was literally shimmying to me!!!!! She does these banana bends with really really fast stumpy tail movements - it's the cutest thing ever!!!!

Oh and one more - when she's wet - been swimming - she will do anything she possible can to rub against anyones legs who are around - and she knows that when she comes up to do it, people tell her to go away, so she's mastered the 'bumflick' and gets you with just her bum :D

Ah dogs - you gotta love them!!!!!