Dogue De Bordeaux Puppy Purchased Concern

AshSky

We just purchased our first dogue de bordeaux but won't get her for a few weeks. I hope we don't have the same kind of problems :S we have never had pedigree dogs before so we are learning as we go. Got to start somewhere I guess.

I think that if you have paid for a dog on main register, then legally you should get what you were promised. If nothing happens in 4 weeks. Contact Dogs NSW...I am sure they can advise you of the next step. I guess, like anything else that you purchase, if you don't get what you pay for then there are actions you can take.

Hi Emileigh, i hope all goes well with your purchase..this is also my first pedigree puppy and i'm so glad to have her, she means the world to me, its like having a new baby that won't let you sleep lol. She is still currently getting use to her surrounding so the barking at night is very much new to me at the moment waking up every 30mins to her howling or barking. I hope to keep everyone updated on receiving my papers. Well i have the parents pedigree papers (copy). But fingers cross i will get mine also and i will make sure that i get it or else i will be taking it further...

Its not right what these breeders are doing and hope that there will be new laws with purchasing puppies on pedigrees.

Sounds lovely, can't wait until we get our little princess. Having so much trouble thinking up a name for her registration though. I am just not creative enough - and prehaps a bit fussy! Glad to hear that you are happy with your new family member regardless of the breeders incompetence and the lack of sleep. It really is like having a new baby. I am not looking foward to toilet training, I haven't had a puppy in 9 years so may be a bit out of practice and am sure I will be waking up to puddles around the house often :) . Best of luck with everything, I hope the papers come through soon. btw your pup looks beautiful, so wrinkly ;)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok good news the breeder got back to me and she had left her phone over someone house over the weekend and just contacted me. The other good news is that she has paid to get her renewal and will be putting her paperwork in 2 days after payment finalise. I'm so relieved as i just wanted a call back or some sort of contact.. :)

Ok good news the breeder got back to me and she had left her phone over someone house over the weekend and just contacted me. The other good news is that she has paid to get her renewal and will be putting her paperwork in 2 days after payment finalise. I'm so relieved as i just wanted a call back or some sort of contact.. :)

Fantastic! So glad it worked out! Have fun with your puppy ;)

Please tell me that the breeder has been missing in action for more than a weekend??

I was thinking that too Jules.. bit of an overreaction for two days of no contact if that's all it was.. if I was the breeder I'd be unimpressed to see this thread here after such a short time.

Hi, no it was 2 weeks but the other reason was because she went on a holiday the day after and just returned and had to go somewhere and left her phone...I wouldn't care if it was only 2-5 days with no reply but 2 weeks just killed me and i thought she was a dodgy breeder...Let me say i'm glad to hear from her :)

Please tell me that the breeder has been missing in action for more than a weekend??

I was thinking that too Jules.. bit of an overreaction for two days of no contact if that's all it was.. if I was the breeder I'd be unimpressed to see this thread here after such a short time.

My thoughts too. Not only is it all over DOL but I wonder how many other people have heard all about this breeder that 'refused' to answer calls, texts and emails.

My thoughts too. Not only is it all over DOL but I wonder how many other people have heard all about this breeder that 'refused' to answer calls, texts and emails.

What, a breeder that has taken full payment for a pup, said to be contacted about papers then wont pick up or has let buyers know whats going on, then they find out the breeder is not financial and cannot be contacted at all.

I'd be a bit worried too considering the price of a bordeaux puppy. If she was going on holiday for 2 weeks some consideration in the way of a 3 second email saying 'your papers will be on the way soon, I wont be contactable for a couple of weeks but dont panic' never killed anyone.

Give them a break. If you haven't received your papers, your breeder seems to have disappeared AND you find out that they are not financial members... I think you would be a bit concerned too. It is all cleared up now, no harm done, they were just seeked advice on what to do.

If folk stop bumping the thread with posts, it will be old news soon enough. :)

Oh and where's the puppy photos????? :thumbsup::

Maybe she got a response because the Breeder is a DOLER :thumbsup: I don't think her expectation for response to her enquiries was unreasonable at all. The breeder didn't deliver what was promised and when she investigated with Dogs NSW she found out the breeder was not a financial member. What was she to think? Why couldn't the breeder have responded to her enquiries and let her know what was going on.

What, a breeder that has taken full payment for a pup, said to be contacted about papers then wont pick up or has let buyers know whats going on, then they find out the breeder is not financial and cannot be contacted at all.

I'd be a bit worried too considering the price of a bordeaux puppy. If she was going on holiday for 2 weeks some consideration in the way of a 3 second email saying 'your papers will be on the way soon, I wont be contactable for a couple of weeks but dont panic' never killed anyone.

I understand the concern, but the breeder did say when she picked up the pup that it would be around 4 weeks until the papers arrived. I would have given her the benefit of the doubt and waited for that time to pass. No need to panic and assume the worst of someone.

We are all human and make mistakes, forget to do stuff, leave our phones behind etc :thumbsup:

I was actually trying to get in contact with her with regards to something else...NOT the paper, when no response that was when i was worried. But now its all good, i knew it wasn't 4 weeks but don't you contact your breeder when you are required an information of a puppy that you brought :thumbsup: . Plus the reason why i was worried is because if she doesn't respond to me in any sort of way, then how will she respond to me when i don't get my papers in 4 weeks, that is why i was concern... :)

The breeder couldn't respond because they were on holidays.

I don't know about you, but I take my phone with me when I go on holiday and if a puppy buyer was trying to contact me I would certainly get back to them (unless I was in deepest, darkest Tanzania with no mobile reception). I think the OP has perfectly good reason to be concerned.

We just purchased our first dogue de bordeaux but won't get her for a few weeks. I hope we don't have the same kind of problems :S we have never had pedigree dogs before so we are learning as we go. Got to start somewhere I guess.

I think that if you have paid for a dog on main register, then legally you should get what you were promised. If nothing happens in 4 weeks. Contact Dogs NSW...I am sure they can advise you of the next step. I guess, like anything else that you purchase, if you don't get what you pay for then there are actions you can take.

Hi Emileigh, i hope all goes well with your purchase..this is also my first pedigree puppy and i'm so glad to have her, she means the world to me, its like having a new baby that won't let you sleep lol. She is still currently getting use to her surrounding so the barking at night is very much new to me at the moment waking up every 30mins to her howling or barking. I hope to keep everyone updated on receiving my papers. Well i have the parents pedigree papers (copy). But fingers cross i will get mine also and i will make sure that i get it or else i will be taking it further...

Its not right what these breeders are doing and hope that there will be new laws with purchasing puppies on pedigrees.

Sounds lovely, can't wait until we get our little princess. Having so much trouble thinking up a name for her registration though. I am just not creative enough - and prehaps a bit fussy! Glad to hear that you are happy with your new family member regardless of the breeders incompetence and the lack of sleep. It really is like having a new baby. I am not looking foward to toilet training, I haven't had a puppy in 9 years so may be a bit out of practice and am sure I will be waking up to puddles around the house often :laugh: . Best of luck with everything, I hope the papers come through soon. btw your pup looks beautiful, so wrinkly :D

maybe that needs to be a new law too. no breeder can remain a member if they dont reply to a puppy buyer query within 24 hours?

may as well make it all law, talk about guilty until proven innocent these days anyway, eh?

I thought there was a good reason but not impressed how many automatically thought the worst of the breeder AS USUAL.

cant wait for the day when there will be NO phone numbers of breeders because they all got jack of being guilty first.

For starters i only posted that thread up because i was concern as it was 2 WEEKS since i have heard anything from the day after i brought my puppy. I don't believe all breeders are bad, i believe majority of them are actually FANTASTIC. So please don't assume that i believe all breeders are pointless and i'm sorry that you just took it the wrong way...I originally came on to this forum because i wanted to get other people opinion and experience just in case i did not EVER hear from her. So please don't jump my throat as the only way you are going to get anyone experience is by asking on the internet...If i came to a wrong forum for advise, please let me know NOW.

AshSky

For starters i only posted that thread up because i was concern as it was 2 WEEKS since i have heard anything from the day after i brought my puppy. I don't believe all breeders are bad, i believe majority of them are actually FANTASTIC. So please don't assume that i believe all breeders are pointless and i'm sorry that you just took it the wrong way...I originally came on to this forum because i wanted to get other people opinion and experience just in case i did not EVER hear from her. So please don't jump my throat as the only way you are going to get anyone experience is by asking on the internet...If i came to a wrong forum for advise, please let me know NOW.

AshSky

SORRY was not having a go at you. it was so many others who assumed the worst. I know how it feels same as you. and an hour seems like a day and a day feels like a week and a week?? feels like a year when you have a question and waiting on the answer. so no i wasnt dissappointed in you.

it isnt you deciding to not have replied made the breeder in question possibly unethical, its the other breeders suggesting it that i felt sad about, its other breeders screaming for eliminating puppy farmers without realising that such laws will not have a clue there is any difference and go for all.

there were pretty few saying, hang on theres usually a reasonable explaination wasnt there.. sad indictment of other breeders opinions of their fellows dont you think?

although I am pleased i wasnt the only one who called for calm. you had a worry, more replies to the extent of those would have been less distressing for both you and your puppies breeder dont you think? you really needed reassurance, not advice to go take em to court i suspect, would that be right? :laugh:

Edited by asal

So sorry to hear of this predicament but you should have done all this finding out before you purchased the dog.

And how does the regular puppy buyer know to do this?? None of my friends even know of 'registered' or 'papers' 'limited' or 'main register'. It's not common knowledge so for a Joe Blow puppy buyer to go the extra length to sus out the background of the breeder is not the norm either.

I agree with Clyde. Maybe, as part of the "purchase from ethical registered breeders rather from pet [etc] shop campaign" (so to speak) there could be an educational piece prepared on "What to look for in a puppy Breeder", and then advertise it - joint advertisement financed by contributions made by all registered breeders???

One of those items might be "Sight the Breeder's Current [xxx] Certificate" (insert name of certificate/paper/card which verifies breeder's prefix currency and registration with relevant State Body.

???

Just a thought, although probably wrong thread.