Majestic Tree Hound

sandgrubber

I noticed an add for 'majestic tree hound' pups in our local paper. Seems they are a new /old breed depending on how you look at them, recognized by NKC. They look like lovely dogs. Are they in Australia? Maybe not . . . treeing isn't so useful for Australian big game :D

see. eg, http://www.nmtha.com

Edited by sandgrubber

I noticed an add for 'majestic tree hounds' in our local paper. Seems they are a new /old /wannabe breed depending on how you look at them. They look like lovely dogs. Are they in Australia?

Great.....look like pointers or foxhounds crossed with bloodhounds to me...just what we need, another designer breed used by 'the good 'ole boys' of the world.

I noticed an add for 'majestic tree hound' pups in our local paper. Seems they are a new /old breed depending on how you look at them, recognized by NKC. They look like lovely dogs. Are they in Australia? Maybe not . . . treeing isn't so useful for Australian big game :laugh:

see. eg, http://www.nmtha.com

I do love the coon hounds from the US :cry:

I am fascinated to know what and why someone in Australia would breed this sort of dog? Most native fauna that these dogs could hunt and tree is protected!!!!

If you could show the breed I could maybe understand, but I just don't see this as a 'breed' we need for its 'working' ability. JMHO.

I am fascinated to know what and why someone in Australia would breed this sort of dog? Most native fauna that these dogs could hunt and tree is protected!!!!

If you could show the breed I could maybe understand, but I just don't see this as a 'breed' we need for its 'working' ability. JMHO.

Not sure I follow, the OP is in the USA. I think they were just posting to show us the breed, not sure anyone at all was suggesting we need it here for huntiing.

Edited by Diva

Not sure I follow, the OP is in the USA. I think they were just posting to show us the breed, not sure anyone at all was suggesting we need it here for huntiing.

Oops. I didn't even notice their location. :rofl:

In that case, Sandgrubber, no we don't have this breed in Oz.

Oops. I didn't even notice their location. :)

In that case, Sandgrubber, no we don't have this breed in Oz.

lol :D

if you look at the pages pic at the bottom the dogs are keeping a bear in a tree ;) I dont think its a koala lol