Errr Don't Laugh

I really want to thank Nekhbet :laugh:

I had started reading about how the professionals would train a Diabetic alert dog. And it was so complicated!

Nekhbet pointed out an extremely simple way for me to do it!

And obviously I am just extremely so blessed to have a dog that pretty much knew what she needed to do with harldly any input from us :crossfingers:

this photo was taken in the days before Little Miss was diagnosed. This was when she started her vigil. I think the photo says it all :rofl:

004.jpg

I really want to thank Nekhbet :eek:

I had started reading about how the professionals would train a Diabetic alert dog. And it was so complicated!

Nekhbet pointed out an extremely simple way for me to do it!

And obviously I am just extremely so blessed to have a dog that pretty much knew what she needed to do with harldly any input from us :laugh:

this photo was taken in the days before Little Miss was diagnosed. This was when she started her vigil. I think the photo says it all :rofl:

004.jpg

OMG Delta is SOOOO CUTE!!!! I want!!!

nawwwwww now that is a devoted K9 :laugh: if you ever need help dont hesitate to ask

I believe in letting a dogs intuation at times guide you and help you achieve your goals. I also believe in mimicry with other dogs in training.

Hope your daughter has a best friend for many years to come :confused:

Well she has trained herself all you need to do is refine the alert behaviour!

Here is a world-wide forum of people who have Dibebetes Alert Dogs, (some purchased already trained, some home-trained) and some people who are just interested in them...Diabetes Alert Dogs Group/Part of the TuDiabetes forum

You can read some of the threads wthout being a member - I kept giggling at the acronym DAD as I kept envisioning a father oops!!!

Well she has trained herself all you need to do is refine the alert behaviour!

Here is a world-wide forum of people who have Dibebetes Alert Dogs, (some purchased already trained, some home-trained) and some people who are just interested in them...Diabetes Alert Dogs Group/Part of the TuDiabetes forum

You can read some of the threads wthout being a member - I kept giggling at the acronym DAD as I kept envisioning a father oops!!!

oh thanks RuralPug :thumbsup:

I'll definitely have to check it out!

I should update for anyone interested.

Delta has had 100% success rate since her first alert. She has not missed one single hypo :thumbsup:

I find also I can ask her to check her out for me. She will sniff and then just lay back on the bed if all is well. She has been 100% accurate with that as well ;)

Actually i will tell you the story of the last alert:

Delta started alerting but when we checked Little Miss was low, but not quite hypo. So we just waited... and sure enough 10 minutes later she alerted again at .1 below the level of hypo :laugh:

I think the first time she may have been responding to a fast drop in glucose levels.

She's such a good girl ;)