Best Show Trolleys

scrappynsuzie

I am looking to get a new show trolley, and apart from the cc trolleys, which are the best ones on the market, which other ones are recomended.

I bought my current trolley when I first started showing and really paid far too much for it considering the quality

It is very unstable and needs to have the bars rivetted and also aluminium strips attached to make it more stable, which will be happening as soon as OH can get himself organised. But I also need a new trolley, as my number of dogs has increased.

Hope someone can let me in on their secret of the best trolley around.

Edited by scrappynsuzie

I've had a couple of trolleys, my OKS Engineering (formerly Ossie Scales) one was by far the best.

My OKS one is definitely the lightest one I have owned and is incredibly robust, but my first trolley is going on 20 years old now and although heavy and awkward, is still going strong.

I have an OKS but recently have seen one made by NFS (they are on line) and was quite impressed- i have a dog that can escape out the top and the NFS has latches as well as fold down handles and breaks. It looked quite sturdy!! I am hoping I can convince shell to buy one so I can see how it handles the off road!!!!!

I am looking to get a new show trolley, and apart from the cc trolleys, which are the best ones on the market, which other ones are recomended.

I bought my current trolley when I first started showing and really paid far too much for it considering the quality

It is very unstable and needs to have the bars rivetted and also aluminium strips attached to make it more stable, which will be happening as soon as OH can get himself organised. But I also need a new trolley, as my number of dogs has increased.

Hope someone can let me in on their secret of the best trolley around.

OKS for lightweight aluminium

c-crates for heavier steel

I have both, and use my OKS 99% of the time. The c-crates trolley I bought second hand and is going strong even though quite old.

So it really depends what you want!

I have an old cc trolley and i love it. It needs some repairs (was bought 3rd or 4th hand lol), and I'm wondering whether it is worth repairing or I should just suck it up and buy a new one. They weigh a tonne but are tough as and I love the bar spacing and never have a problem with the latches catching etc.

It also has large rubber wheels (wheelbarrow maybe?? Air tires anyway) and I would never own a trolley with anything else. They make life so easy. One has a busted inner tube though and I need to replace it..... The downside lol.

Yep I have a NFS and its just on 2 years old. Didnt use it for 18 months as my dog ended up being NSQ so have been waiting for my new pup to be able to use it. Have used it about 12 times and after the first few shows 2 of my wheels came off, put them back on and they are continually coming off. Another thing I dont like is when you are wheeling it you can feel it in the handles the whoel trolley moving from side to side. I hate mine and will not be getting another one. Yes they are light but I am now debating whether to spend 100 on new wheels or just buy a whole new trolley

I got a jumbo show trolley from pet network about 5 years ago. It is still going strong. It's well made, light weight and havn't had to do any work on it. I could have gotten a CC one but my equipment has to be light weight. My back is to stuffed up (thanks to nursing) to lug around to many heavy items.

Are there any trolleys that fold up/collapse?

I will be looking for a 2 berth soon, and will need it to fit in my boot! :laugh:

All of the abovementioned would collapse flat. It will just depend upon your boot size and the size of the trolley as to whether it will fit.

I will be looking for a 2 berth soon, and will need it to fit in my boot! :D

All of the abovementioned would collapse flat. It will just depend upon your boot size and the size of the trolley as to whether it will fit.

Excellent. :D

Depth of boot isn't an issue, will just need to measure width of the opening.

I will be looking for a 2 berth soon, and will need it to fit in my boot! :D

Excellent. :D

Depth of boot isn't an issue, will just need to measure width of the opening.

It'll depend upon how big the space is in depth and width moreso than the opening. For example, my old trolley was too wide and too long for the boot of a Gemini. My current trolley (OKS one) just fits flat in the back of my Falcon wagon.

I got a jumbo show trolley from pet network about 5 years ago. It is still going strong. It's well made, light weight and havn't had to do any work on it. I could have gotten a CC one but my equipment has to be light weight. My back is to stuffed up (thanks to nursing) to lug around to many heavy items.

My double trolley came from Petnetwork about 8 years ago. Apart from one pin popping on it, I've had absolutely flogged it to death, pushing it around show grounds full of gear and it's still in excellent condition. I've not been kind to it at all.

C-crate trolley are worth every cent, even if they are heavier. Mine is well over 12 years old and I've been equally as unkind to it. Apart from some dirt on it, it's s till like new.