Road Trip To Tunundra Getting Closer.

Bilbo Baggins

BBJ are going to the NYE Show in Evanston Gardens. We are staying in Tanundra.

This is the way Whereis wants us to go once we hit Adelaide.

. Continue along Mt Barker Rd, Urrbrae0.7km

30. Turn right onto Portrush Rd, Urrbrae7.4km

31. Continue along Lower Portrush Rd, Payneham1.2km

32. Continue along Ascot Av, Marden1km

33. Continue along Taunton Rd, Vale Park0.2km

34. Turn right onto Hampstead Rd, Manningham3.8km

35. Turn left onto Grand Junction Rd, Clearview1.6km

36. Turn sharp right onto Main North Rd, Enfield27.4km

37. Veer left onto the Main North Rd ramp, Evanston Gardens at Trinity College0.8km

38. Continue along Main North Rd, Evanston after ramp1.6km

39. Continue along Adelaide Rd, Evanston1.2km

40. At the roundabout take the 2nd exit onto Adelaide Rd, Gawler South0.3km

41. Continue along Bridge St S, Gawler South0.2km

42. Continue along Murray St, Gawler0.6km

43. Turn right onto Barossa Valley Wy, Gawler14.1km

44. Turn left onto Barossa Valley Wy, Lyndoch11km

45. Veer right onto Murray St, Tanunda2.1km

46. Arrive at Murray St, Tanunda

I thought there should be some way to avoid going into the city.??

Edited by Bilbo Baggins

There is :xmassantawave: instead of coming down the freeway, turn off at Murray Bridge and go through the Hills: If you use Google Maps it will show you the way. You will come through Murray Bridge, Tepko, Palmer, Mount Pleasant, Williamstown, Lyndoch then Tanunda.

Hope this helps :dancingelephant:

+2 Don't go to Adelaide if you can help it, it's much easier to go via Murray Bridge.... :)

+ 3 It's also a LOT faster.

Tanunda's a lovely place I'm sure you'll love it. And make sure you stop at the Williamstown bakery - that's my hometown, and they do the BEST steak pies and carrot cake. :D

There is :laugh: instead of coming down the freeway, turn off at Murray Bridge and go through the Hills: If you use Google Maps it will show you the way. You will come through Murray Bridge, Tepko, Palmer, Mount Pleasant, Williamstown, Lyndoch then Tanunda.

Hope this helps :(

So go to Williamstown from Mt Pleasant don't go to Birdwood?

The roads are good??

There is :laugh: instead of coming down the freeway, turn off at Murray Bridge and go through the Hills: If you use Google Maps it will show you the way. You will come through Murray Bridge, Tepko, Palmer, Mount Pleasant, Williamstown, Lyndoch then Tanunda.

Hope this helps :(

So go to Williamstown from Mt Pleasant don't go to Birdwood?

The roads are good??

The roads are good, not sure on the Lyndoch/Tanunda end but the rest are decent.

There's no need to go through Birdwood to get from Mt Pleasant to Williamstown, there's a road from Mt P to WT that would be quicker than going down to Birdwood then across to Williamstown.

It is called checker hill road? through mt pleasant as you head down it is a right hand turn goes down a little dip and to williamstown, Roads are good but windy all the way from Palmer but i always go this was from interstate , lot quicker , more pleasant scenery and avoids adelaide.

The road between Mt Pleasant and Williamstown is Williamstown Road, which turns into Crick Mills Road closer to Williamstown. It's well sign posted.

The Barossa roads are better than the Mount Pleasant side - the road between Williamstown and Lyndoch is lovely, and so is the road between Lyndoch and Tanunda, but be aware that the speed limits have been dropped recently and that it tends to have a lot more traffic so is a bit of a slower run. It's all one lane from Williamstown to Tanunda but there's places to overtake on the Williamstown-Lyndoch road and there's an overtaking lane just after Rowland Flat on the way to Tanunda. For someone who doesn't know the roads, though, I'd take the Lyndoch-Tanunda road slower because there are two slow bends that look like you can do them fast, but you really can't.

Thanks for that whiskedaway. I enlarged the map to street last night and followed it through and discovered that it became Crick Mills Road.

When you look at the map on a certain level it does not put in some roads and its only when you zoom in do others appear. Bit of a pain really.

That's why I fight with the TomTom. But I went with it on Saturday and it took us a roundabout way. :thumbsup:

I am another that uses the Murray Bridge, Plamer, Tungkillo, Mt Pleasant way.

The way I have found to get it to work on the Tom Tom is to plan a journey with "stops" and tell it each of those towns. Which is fine if you know the town names of course, and that is where places like DOL come in handy :thanks:

The way I have found to get it to work on the Tom Tom is to plan a journey with "stops" and tell it each of those towns. Which is fine if you know the town names of course, and that is where places like DOL come in handy :thumbsup:

LOL You are so right piper. We will plot Murray bridge then from there on the various places.

Its actually and hour shorter going this way than in to Adelaide according to Whereis.

The way I have found to get it to work on the Tom Tom is to plan a journey with "stops" and tell it each of those towns. Which is fine if you know the town names of course, and that is where places like DOL come in handy :)

LOL You are so right piper. We will plot Murray bridge then from there on the various places.

Its actually and hour shorter going this way than in to Adelaide according to Whereis.

I am near Gawler and can get to Murray Bridge in an hour going that way. If I go via the freeway it takes me about 20-30mins or so longer, depending on traffic.

Was interesting to see that your initial directions had you going through gawler and the barossa, when you can take the by-pass then come into Tanunda - (which is faster)

good to avoid the city.

Is it a new bypass???

Maybe whereis does not know about it yet. :confused: ;)

Was interesting to see that your initial directions had you going through gawler and the barossa, when you can take the by-pass then come into Tanunda - (which is faster)

good to avoid the city.

Is it a new bypass???

Maybe whereis does not know about it yet. :(:rofl:

Bypass has been there for years and the Gomersal Rd to Tanunda from the Sturt Highway/Bypass must have been sealed for around 10 years now. Mind you, if you come in through Mt Pleasant you will approach from a different angle so won't need that road name ;)

What your Tom Tom may not cope with if you go from Tanunda onto the bypass is the new Northern Expressway. Ours gets most upset when we supposedly drive across paddocks :confused: I think hubby said now he has updated the maps it is ok but i haven't been along there since to find out.