How Fussy Is Your Oh Pertaining To Dogs Inside The House

Moselle

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My OH is fussy about Sash being inside - and luckily she is very well behaved inside.

She spends alot more time inside than he'd like - but he knows that we are a package deal... and he knows it hurts my feelings if he boots her out unneccesarily. He knows that I care for her wellbeing and do what is best for her - and accepts that.

So, we compromise on the time she spends inside - with what is best for her. If she is frightened, unwell, too hot, too cold, the neighbours are having a party, it is unsafe or something is going on I want her away from etc - she stays inside (will sleep through the whole night and is no trouble whatsoever). Otherwise, she is outside and she is more than happy with that. She lets me know when she thinks she needs to come inside, if not, she prefers to be outside (but her bedroom is a carpeted garage that is attached to the house - no car allowed).

It certainly is about compromise in a situation where you have differing views, but also about what is best for the dogs.

My husband's idea of a dog is an Aussie Terrier, mine is an Irish Wolfhound. Oh, and wolfhounds are like peanuts, there's no such thing as stopping at one. We both feel the dogs, large and small, belong with us. They aren't garden furniture or a bbq to be left in the yard ignored until in use. Neither of us is thrilled with what having dogs inside entails but for us it is how we live.

We don't need permission to live in harmony - not just dogs either. We consider each other's wishes but don't need to be "allowed" to have a mind of our own.

post-30656-1291268081_thumb.jpg

I have my dogs now, they will always be my first priority. My family is the same. I live with my mother, my 18 year old sister and my 28 year old brother - he just moved back in and we all wouldn't have it any other way.

I think I've already resigned myself to never having an OH unless he really likes dogs.

I have worked as a psychologist for 20 yrs.

...that explains alot then doesn't it.

:rofl: enjoy your "controlled" thread I can understand you putting several of us on ignore - it allows you some control back into your life :thumbsup:

I am SO excited - I just got my work buddy to check my shoulder and guess what everyone?!

I don't have a chip (or anything else) on my shoulder!

:thumbsup:

:rofl: ;) :o I asked my OH if he could see a chip on my shoulder. He said he cant see one on either shoulder.

Scuse me...have to go and kill a lentil for dinner

Oh boy, playground fight! Let's throw food! :thumbsup:

better not just incase Moselle doesn't like food being thrown in her thread - leave it up to her to control, can't have her being controlled at home and here you know :rofl:

I am SO excited - I just got my work buddy to check my shoulder and guess what everyone?!

I don't have a chip (or anything else) on my shoulder!

;) :o:rofl: I asked my OH if he could see a chip on my shoulder. He said he cant see one on either shoulder.

Scuse me...have to go and kill a lentil for dinner

Couldn't resist :eek::eek::eek::cry:

So, you mean to say that you actually needed confirmation that you did not have a chip on your shoulder? :eek: That would go to say that you don't trust your own instincts? :cry::cry::(

A friend of mine just called to let me know what you posted and I found it tooooooooooo funny. She was laughing so hard herself! :rofl:

OH and I live on OUR house so OUR rules. Not his and not mine.

This means we've compromised. He doesn't like dogs sleeping on the bed, no problems they have been kicked off. I dont like people farting in the bed, no problems he now goes to the bathroom when he needs to fart.our dogs are allowed in the house when ever they like whic is 99% of the time. They take all the couch, hog the blanky and heaven forbid if i want a cuddle from OH cause the cocker starts barking at us!!!

:rofl: ;)

Didn't know there was an 'ignore' option. Just had to go into controls to read about it.

Geez wish I had one of those for real life!

Just read that you allow your dogs to eat from your fingers. :thumbsup:

Last week I took Bozley out shopping with me and it was a very hot day so I thought I'd treat us to an icecream cone.

We started on opposite sides and worked our way to the centre. It really is a bonding experience :rofl:

Didn't know there was an 'ignore' option. Just had to go into controls to read about it.

Geez wish I had one of those for real life!

Just read that you allow your dogs to eat from your fingers. :thumbsup:

Last week I took Bozley out shopping with me and it was a very hot day so I thought I'd treat us to an icecream cone.

We started on opposite sides and worked our way to the centre. It really is a bonding experience :rofl:

That poor, poor icecream Kaz - fancy slaughtering it to provide yourself and Bozley a meal ;)

The intention was to gross you guys out :laugh:

I try not to eat anything I would not be prepared to kill because I otherwise I would feel like a hypocrite or at the best, an ostrich with its head in the sand.

So I'm pretty much a vegetarian except for seafood.

It isn't my place to offer an opinion on anyone who hunts, or breeds and kills livestock :)

I do however have an opinion on cruelty or inhumane practices.